Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 21:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

[quote=aaggoswami;
Your problem does sound seriious. Thinner seriously damages vehicle paint. You could try using a holi sprinkler filled with thinner and spray it on the cars parked outside. That is both a dangerous and an expensive solution. You may get caught in the act, get bashed up and have to pay for your terror act.
Second solution to your problem is already known to you.
It is mentioned in your Signature line.
Old 10th October 2008, 21:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
! Afterall Agoga. is fighting for his right.

I'll suggest more novel peaceful means:

-Scratch their cars badly in dark or when no one is watching.
-Try to open their fuel lid with some tool or master key & add jaggery in it.
-Throw paint on their cars under shadow of dark.
-Let your gate open outwards & bang into their vehicles.

Try these, in the meantime I'll update on more ideas.
Ah! yes, bang the gate to break their numberplates, good, cheap for me and them to repair. If things dont improve, scratching and painting will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@hydrashok - that is certainly a good option. And by far, the most "untraceable" one!!!

Agree with you. I had both smilies used up so could not put it here.
But putting them now. This also got my dad laughing.

And yes, most other solutions including my jeep one, will certainly spoil the social relationship.
Yes it will.

Cricket - what if the cars return after the game of cricket?
Cricket can be played anytime and it is mostly dependent on my friends time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
You can try what ankit has suggested. Park one of your cars in C1 for a week and see what happens.
As mentioned earlier, damage to our cars is likely. Two wheeler experience was enough. Kids would kick our two wheelers in front of their parents and us also watching. Compalin to parents and " OH my dear small cute kid, dont do that ". Get a bit more agressive and " we will pay for it ".
Certainly not with cars now.

EDIT :
Quote:
Your problem does sound seriious. Thinner seriously damages vehicle paint. You could try using a holi sprinkler filled with thinner and spray it on the cars parked outside. That is both a dangerous and an expensive solution. You may get caught in the act, get bashed up and have to pay for your terror act.
Second solution to your problem is already known to you.
It is mentioned in your Signature line.
Yes one more idea: using Holi oil paint. I wont be using thinner unless extreme case.
And the signature line mention, yes it was reall Laugh Out Loud.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 10th October 2008 at 21:24.
Old 10th October 2008, 22:12   #33
BHPian

why dont you use a chain with two "angles" (which are used in bathrooms/kitchen).In DELHI I have seen people using it to reserve their parking space.
Old 10th October 2008, 23:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Air gun?

maybe not hehehe

I had a similar problem with my extra parking in my building. Other ppl kept parking in it as if its their daddy jis backyard.

Once an indigo was parked at my space at 11 in the night when I returned. I got irritated and towed the indigo out of my parking space (It was in neutral) and parked there. Left the indigo in the middle of the driveway - Totally undamaged in any way..

Never had a parking problem again.
Old 10th October 2008, 23:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
IMO, when one is right, there should be no fear! Afterall Agoga. is fighting for his right.
Have we decided that it's his right?

if yes, then he can have a board saying unauthorised vahicles will be towed, call xxxxx to get your car back after paying fines and towing charges.
Old 11th October 2008, 00:00   #36
BANNED

@Vivek, IMO, what common sense says is, no one can block your way, one has a right to entry to ones premises.
Problem with displaying boards is, others already know they violating & abusing someone's right, but still continue to do so, as there is no fear in their minds because no body has been enforcing laws in our Country.
I deflated numerous no. of tyres in front of my gate & no one dared to raise a finger, as they knew they had wrongly parked & fault was their's.
On one occasion, even after deflating, owner did not come for a long time to take away the car, I was in a hurry to go somewhere, left with no other option, I dialed 100(cops), they came with a tow truck in 15 mins. & took away the car to police station.
Old 11th October 2008, 00:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
why dont you use a chain with two "angles" (which are used in bathrooms/kitchen).In DELHI I have seen people using it to reserve their parking space.
I am not able to visualize what are you talking about. I have probably not seen angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Air gun?

maybe not hehehe

I had a similar problem with my extra parking in my building. Other ppl kept parking in it as if its their daddy jis backyard.

Once an indigo was parked at my space at 11 in the night when I returned. I got irritated and towed the indigo out of my parking space (It was in neutral) and parked there. Left the indigo in the middle of the driveway - Totally undamaged in any way..

Never had a parking problem again.
No, no guns here, even if they are toy guns. If I tow the vehicles, well, then where ? And here it is not my place, but just they are creating trouble for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Have we decided that it's his right?

if yes, then he can have a board saying unauthorised vahicles will be towed, call xxxxx to get your car back after paying fines and towing charges.

Sir I request you to look into images again. If people manage to park this way and if this way is legal, then in a similar fashion, even I can park in front of their homes, Right ?
IMHO, the way they are parking, it is disturbing my approach and this is bad.
OK, if this was possible in India, we would have implemented this. We are not even able to get a properly paved road as people who have done encroachment are avoiding municipal co-operation through influence.
Old 11th October 2008, 04:37   #38
BHPian

OK, I will tell you what to do.

First keep yourself cool.

Visit your nearest police station. Tell them your problem and make FIR. Get a copy of that FIR.

Quote:
My biggest problem is that these people happen to know us well and infact the offenders also know us. The relations are not good and their kids throw small stones at our home. We regularly find stones on our terrace. Our Solar Gizer panel was just saved from these stones when I went to terrace to clean the panel.
Have you filed police complaint? You should. Get a copy of it.

If you got any problem from your neighbours, visit police station and file a complaint.

Always ask for your copy of your complaint. Keep it for your record.

Collect such 4 to 5 (3 minimum) copies.

Then start playing evil...

- Get phone number of traffic police. Call them and ask to tow the cars park in front of your house.

They have to pay to get their car back. Then they may come to your home to abuse you. Don't talk with them, just call police. Here your previous FIRs will help you to get police and law in your favour.

This should work.
Old 11th October 2008, 11:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEraser View Post
OK, I will tell you what to do.

First keep yourself cool.

Visit your nearest police station. Tell them your problem and make FIR. Get a copy of that FIR.

Have you filed police complaint? You should. Get a copy of it.

If you got any problem from your neighbours, visit police station and file a complaint.

Always ask for your copy of your complaint. Keep it for your record.

Collect such 4 to 5 (3 minimum) copies.

Then start playing evil...

- Get phone number of traffic police. Call them and ask to tow the cars park in front of your house.

They have to pay to get their car back. Then they may come to your home to abuse you. Don't talk with them, just call police. Here your previous FIRs will help you to get police and law in your favour.

This should work.
Excellent suggestion. Might work on unknows, but here the social parameters are coming as obstacles in implementing this scheme. Going to police will raise more problems for me and others. Its OK for others, but I would like to stay away from this. The Police culture is simply too bad for us to go there and complain. They would say " Its a small problem, solve it yourself, the legal route is too big and resource hungry ". The last time we visited them ( my area, and for our own work ) was when we were not able to even shift home from township to this place some eight years ago and this was becasue some great people had installed bars ( that restrict the entry of tall vehicles ).
Old 11th October 2008, 11:38   #40
BHPian

angles are like L shaped rods which are put below the wash basins,if ou dont find any angles,the best thing is to use two poles between c1 and c2,and tie a wire/chain in between.
Old 11th October 2008, 11:46   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

instead of going through all the pains of installing poles / chains / junk cars, etc, just get some construction rubble (bricks & mortar) dumped outside at c1 & c2. Construction waste won't smell and any dumpster carrying such stuff would love to do it for free.
You can even get sand dumped for around 400 - 500 bucks and claim you need it for some civil repairs at home.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
They would say " Its a small problem, solve it yourself, the legal route is too big and resource hungry ".
Yep, you have to solve it yourself and you are doing it that way by filing a FIR and asking for it's copy. Don't ask police to do anything else. Don't tell them to move from their chairs. You just need to do FIRs to make law in your favour to make yourself legally safe. So you can do evil things and still keep yourself safe

Take some cheap local lawyer to police station to make the process easy.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

instead of going through all the pains of installing poles / chains / junk cars, etc, just get some construction rubble (bricks & mortar) dumped outside at c1 & c2. Construction waste won't smell and any dumpster carrying such stuff would love to do it for free.
You can even get sand dumped for around 400 - 500 bucks and claim you need it for some civil repairs at home.
Ok, guys you will end up thinking that what I am upto, but as I have already mentioned, people are not letting the road built by Municipality, the road is nothing but construction waste itself. But now, I have thrown a few tiles ( did it yesterday night at 1:00 am ), but its not effective enough. Moreover, this allows dogs to climb into our compund and mess around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
angles are like L shaped rods which are put below the wash basins,if ou dont find any angles,the best thing is to use two poles between c1 and c2,and tie a wire/chain in between.
Got the idea about the rods. But I think I wont be implementing this as it is public road, so I cannot claim my space like this. Rather throw things here and there to solve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEraser View Post
Yep, you have to solve it yourself and you are doing it that way by filing a FIR and asking for it's copy. Don't ask police to do anything else. Don't tell them to move from their chairs. You just need to do FIRs to make law in your favour to make yourself legally safe. So you can do evil things and still keep yourself safe

Take some cheap local lawyer to police station to make the process easy.
If the things get even slightly more ugly, then I will do this.
Read on the update:

After the ideas I got through this thread ( and my minds own destructivity ), I decided before harming someone's cars, let me talk a bit. Did ask people not to park. They replied " Becasue of shadow, we do this type of parking ". I told them " I know ", but this is not a good practise. Others are now getting rough, and tell me " its road ". Next what I did was a bit bad. Called up my friend, and he was in this city and not in hostel. Lucky me. He came here with his brother. Now I asked him to park his car ( Original Maruti Zen ) in front of offender's gate. He promptly did this. We were now discussing about computers ( Core i7 ). When he was about to leave, we found rear right wheel was deflated. Angry me, called those offenders. They told me kids did this. We were left without arguments.

Now atleast I will have satisfaction that I did try talking and putting him in my shoe. Both ideas are failures. I tried polite ways thinking they will have some common sense. Now if I am not supposed to mind their way of parking, they must not mind my way of parking also. But they are deaf and dumb. I was to use vid's formula of sticking for some guests at other's residense, but did not as the guests had arrived at a place where day before yesterday someone died and ( the resident know us well, also victim of stones and parking ). No notice under wipers also. This was exception.

Today, I specifically asked our house maid to throw things at cars. She did this promptly. Offenders came to me, I told them, house maid did this. Now they left without arguments. But the cars remain. I told offenders that the maid is old so she is not able to understand my instructions of not throwing things at others car. This scheme will be under action for around 6 more days. Then,

Further course of action:
1) Desturctive activity : Deflate tyres
2) Scratch the cars.
3) Throw bricks from top and tell, I was trying to keep the balcony door open with this, but the brick was unstable.
4) Throw some liquid ( thinner, etc ).
5) If strong opposite reactions come, call police and use my ultimate influence ( last resort ).

Last edited by aaggoswami : 11th October 2008 at 13:05.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Paint bright yellow lines outside your gate and put up a sign saying that tyres will be deflated if vehicles are found parked between the lines. If, some braveheart still does it, and trust me they will, deflate two diagonally opposite tyres of his car.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:25   #45
BHPian

Before doing anything evil, make at least one FIR. If they lodge a FIR first then you will be in BIG trouble. Ask any lawyer and he will tell you the same thing.

The party who lodge FIR first, is RIGHT as per law. Don't ask me why. It's a law... a stupid law.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks