Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2008, 22:23   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It seems to me that the problem is between aaggoswami and his neighbours.

The trouble is that third parties, who may visiting his neighbours, and know nothing about what problems he may have with them, are taking the stick for it. That doesn't seem fair.

aaggoswami, you say there is an empty plot where people can park. Is there a large sign saying "Parking for Visitors: please park here and not on the street"?
No, we dont have one. Society people are against this. Infact, my father told in one meeting that we it is possible to convert the common plot into parking zone for those who dont want to park in their compound and we will park our cars in our home and not utilize that garage. They refused. We dont know why.

In fact, instead of the residents parking in front of our house, they themselves can park in the common plot. But they wont.
Old 12th October 2008, 22:34   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
high BP is just a start, a warning to take it easy.
don't take it lightly.
All because of Parking, High BP makes people start Barking
Jokes aside, parking is a problem that many have. Thad had a good idea but dunno if it's going to work. let us know if anything happens.
Old 12th October 2008, 23:47   #78
BHPian

@aaggoswami

The best way IMO was to involve the residents association into this, in your case that too seems to be a dead end.

The point is, here the people who are creating the problem ends up as one and you are the so called scape goat "bad guy".
If a decision was taken by a body (like an association) you will not the the target. Here how good/bad you try to sort out the situation the heat will end upon you.

Yes you have every right to get this sorted out. I feel sorry for you that you have to tolerate such arrogant people.

I guess the problem is more so during the weekend, so will it be a good idea to park your car in C1 so that the "bad boys" does not get a chance to park there in the first place.

I've seen more "ruthless" measure taken for people from not parking.
I'm personally against them.
Old 13th October 2008, 00:31   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
@aaggoswami

1)The best way IMO was to involve the residents association into this, in your case that too seems to be a dead end.

2)The point is, here the people who are creating the problem ends up as one and you are the so called scape goat "bad guy".
3)If a decision was taken by a body (like an association) you will not the the target. Here how good/bad you try to sort out the situation the heat will end upon you.

4)Yes you have every right to get this sorted out. I feel sorry for you that you have to tolerate such arrogant people.

5)I guess the problem is more so during the weekend, so will it be a good idea to park your car in C1 so that the "bad boys" does not get a chance to park there in the first place.

6)I've seen more "ruthless" measure taken for people from not parking.
I'm personally against them.
1,2,3 and 4) That is why I am searching for ways by which they wont park their cars here.

5) The problem is less during weekend as people take their cars away with them.

6) Again that is why the search is ON, and I have put up a list i.e. manner in which the execution of ideas will be done.
Old 13th October 2008, 11:41   #80
Team-BHP Support

A similar story.

My car park is a corner beside the entrance.
Sometimes people would park opposite the entrance.
What they fail to understand is that when others are dropping off or picking up someone then the entire passage is blocked.
Very very irritating to be stuck for about 10-15 mins because of this.

I am not the only one who gets stuck but atleast 5 other cars because of the way the parking is designed.

The problem cropped up recently when these people who own a lancer and a zen started parking either one of the cars regularly.

I approached them to tell them to not do it.
There were no men in the house and the women were not very easy to talk too.

I gave up.

One day as I am returning home a young man in the lancer is just taking it out.

My wife and I have just finished shopping for Ramzan. Both of us are fasting.

I look at this boy and tell him that they will never get it.

He lunges from his car with language that would put a pirate to shame.
Tries and keeps trying to punch me. But he is clumsy and nothing connects as I am simply stepping back.
I hate abusing others. So my reply is a standard; "Go and learn some manners".

Unfortunately as I step back I trip and fall. I hate sandals.
The boy is now held back by others in the building.
I am still standing, very angry but I am not compromising my fast by either abusing or hitting him.
He is not worth it.

I see his car there most times.

Once when I am getting off my car, he drops his mom and goes off to park elsewhere.
When I come back his car is there.

What can anyone do with people like this?

I look at his car tires. Atleast 2 in each have barely any treads left.
People get what they deserve.

Day before yesterday an Indigo joins company with the lancer to block most of the path.
The driver was a guest.
If he had looked for even a minute he would have understood that he has blocked 4 cars.

I have the security guys deflate on of his tires.
I am feeling terible because I hate doing such things.
Lukily I meet him later. He is changing the tire with his stepney.
I give him my foot pump and ask him to use that instead.

His friend has the car jacked up wrongly. I tell him so. His reply is that this is not his profession.
I ask him if he wants to learn I can show him how.
But nah, why bother with things related to the car. Simply driving it is enough.

These people dont deserve any better.

I meet them maybe once in a while.
They have to live with their ignorance for life.
Old 13th October 2008, 17:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

@bblost:

I thought that I am the only one to face these type of arrogant people. Atleast here people are less arrogant that what you have faced.

I just dont know why people have this type of mentality.
IMO, you can use many tricks mentioned in this thread. Particularly the valve losing trick and sticker trick. They are great.

Update : I have a few shots in my mobile that are taken today. I will try and post them. I am having problem in connecting mobile to PC, but I will surely try.
Old 13th October 2008, 18:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

I am able to post images now after lot of coaxing done to pc and phone.
Images.
1) Yesterday to park in similar fashion, Matiz brushed with compound wall.
Help.  People parking in front of our house. How to deal with them ?-131008_1719.jpg

2)look at space between bike and car. SX4 size indicates how difficult it is to take out Baleno.
Help.  People parking in front of our house. How to deal with them ?-131008_1723.jpg

3)Our Baleno parked at home.
Help.  People parking in front of our house. How to deal with them ?-131008_1742.jpg

4)Using the above image as reference ( how baleno is parked ), imagine taking out baleno from this amout of space.
Help.  People parking in front of our house. How to deal with them ?-131008_1743.jpg

5) Maruti 800 being taken out. M800 is parked beside ( Parallely to ) Baleno, so turing diretly to right is tricky.
Help.  People parking in front of our house. How to deal with them ?-131008_1744.jpg

@MODS:IS IT POSSIBLE TO UPDATE THE THREAD TITLE AND ADD " IMAGES ADDED " ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 13th October 2008 at 18:41.
Old 13th October 2008, 19:13   #83
BHPian

You are correct, taking it out is tricky. But it can be done IMO (and not impossible from the pic)

To be fair I have to say the SX4 guy is parked at a decent distance from your gate. (pic 4)

Blocking the entrance is one thing, just because you have to put in a bit more effort while taking the car out. Personally I don't mind it at all.

From what it seems in the pic the effect is "tricky" and not "blocking".
So I don't think its really fair to say to the SX4 man is parked in a wrong way.
Old 13th October 2008, 19:20   #84
Senior - BHPian

goswamiji, would it not be easier to parK your cars with front facing inside of your compound wall and reverse out? Once out of the gate, go the right, and then you can simply drive away?

If you are like me and want to drive front first, leave a couple of feet in front while parking.
Old 13th October 2008, 19:42   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post

1)You are correct, taking it out is tricky. But it can be done IMO (and not impossible from the pic)

2)To be fair I have to say the SX4 guy is parked at a decent distance from your gate. (pic 4)

Blocking the entrance is one thing, just because you have to put in a bit more effort while taking the car out. Personally I don't mind it at all.

From what it seems in the pic the effect is "tricky" and not "blocking".
So I don't think its really fair to say to the SX4 man is parked in a wrong way.
Well,
1) Its from Motorola L6 camera and that's why looks feasible, but infact its quite tough, almost impossible.

2) That was after Sticker job and this time I had to ask him to move to take 800 out, but then I thought he will entirely move to C2. Thats why the 800 has to be taken to left first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

goswamiji, would it not be easier to parK your cars with front facing inside of your compound wall and reverse out? Once out of the gate, go the right, and then you can simply drive away?

If you are like me and want to drive front first, leave a couple of feet in front while parking.
Generally, its not that easy, but can be done for 800. However, its very difficult to take the car directly in to the compound. So we go a bit ahead and reverse. This is simply not possible for Baleno.
Old 13th October 2008, 23:51   #86
Senior - BHPian

a simple solution would be to put up two small gates at c1 and c2, and use them regularly, this might not be cost effective but would help, we too had the same problem at our office premises, the building society solved it by installing a large gate and a no parking sign on the gate.
Old 14th October 2008, 14:20   #87
BHPian

May I suggest that you invest in a dilapidated Enfield Bullet to put on a permanent parking basis at C1, of course with Tyres deflated and Fork and rear wheels locked by way of a chain and lock system. If not a Bullet something heavier would help too.

This way, the parking space would constrict a bit, thus leaving just enough space after C1 and very little space for another car near C2, giving access to your post box too. The Bullet furthermore will not hinder your turning your car to the right immediately on exiting from your gate.

Last edited by suren181 : 14th October 2008 at 14:21.
Old 14th October 2008, 14:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
May I suggest that you invest in a dilapidated Enfield Bullet to put on a permanent parking basis at C1, of course with Tyres deflated and Fork and rear wheels locked by way of a chain and lock system. If not a Bullet something heavier would help too.

This way, the parking space would constrict a bit, thus leaving just enough space after C1 and very little space for another car near C2, giving access to your post box too. The Bullet furthermore will not hinder your turning your car to the right immediately on exiting from your gate.
Brilliant, you know when we talk the same language they'll most likely understand, here we say what we have to by parking itself. Just that I dont know how practical it's going to be to set the permanent parking apparatus. and keep it permanent.
Old 14th October 2008, 14:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
a simple solution would be to put up two small gates at c1 and c2, and use them regularly, this might not be cost effective but would help, we too had the same problem at our office premises, the building society solved it by installing a large gate and a no parking sign on the gate.
The solution is the best of non destructive ones. But it will cost us a lot. Atleast in the range of 15K including the labour charge, cement, etc.
Not feasible now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post

This will not work. They will move it. If this has to be done, I will need atleast 2 tons of weight that cannot be moved by pushing if the object is not having wheels. I am sure about this. The reason behind this is the unity they have. They just love the shadow too much. And its not that after say 6:00 pm when no sunlight is falling even at I1 or I2, that they will move away their cars. So they have now made this their permanent parking place ( or they are in the process of doing so ), and they dont want to lose this.

Moreover, the real trouble will come up when I will have to move that object to let incoming truck or tractor pas. As earlier mentioned, our society houses were tenaments, and now people are making one more floor above the ground floor. So this movement space has to be allowed. And not to forget this is mostly a T.P. road, so this non moving object will be mostly taken away by traffic police.

Quote:
Brilliant, you know when we talk the same language they'll most likely understand, here we say what we have to by parking itself. Just that I dont know how practical it's going to be to set the permanent parking apparatus. and keep it permanent.
That is the exact point I have mentioned above. It cannot be set permanent.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th October 2008 at 14:51.
Old 15th October 2008, 20:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

Update:

This is what has happened today.
At around 3:30 pm, I am leaving for college. As soon as I am out of the gate, the car owners pour out of their house and stand in front of me. I brake my bike as I knew what the issue is.

They were angry at me because dirt was thrown by our house maid as instructed by us. They were screaming " this is road " and all that. I was trying to keep my cool, but then they took off my bike's key. This is something I dont expect. I never wanted to get physical and do violence in front of my house. Decided to teach them a lesson. They were in group so fighting wont have made sense. They never come alone to talk, they are always in group. My problem is that I cannot fall to their low level. I wanted to tell them this is creating trouble and if they are parking cars in front of my house, then I am also to be allowed to park car outside their hosue. I was given me my key back and I was late for classes ( not allowed to enter ).

They were not in any mood to understand. Evening, I called up my friends to come at my place with cricket bats and stumps. I knew what exactly I was doing. We were now playing cricket on the road. Three to four dents in each car on right side. They now came out to fight. But soon realised that today, I am not in mood to let them go. One of them was about to leave and now I took his keys. I told them I wanted to solve the issue today only. Ugly comments pouring out and all blames,etc. Friend called up police. Now they said, we are having good contacts. Gave him the keys as if I was scared.

As soon as he was on the road and reached his destination, a restaurant, we also reached there, yes we were following him. One tyre deflated, valves loosened in three other tyres. We stood there. Now it was getting real. He came to me to fight after realizing that we are the one who did this. I caught hold of him and said " Now till your contact comes to save you, I will beat you, aslo we have informed media if your contact comes to rescue you. ". He was scared to half death now. After half an hour of arguments and pushing ( got a bit physical ), his contact turned up. We had informed local newspaper reporters about this and they were present on the spot. Eventually the reporter called in police. We were all given warning and allowed to go. That man was now crying. I told him not to get scared but understand and act wisely.

Now nobody is parking in front of my house and if they do, well, I have successfully laid nails.

A few suggestions.

1) First of all understand that not everyone is able to think that others have a right to live also.

2) Dont just get into fight. Try with some peaceful method.

3) If your politeness is considered as your weakness, then you have to fight.

4) If you have security gaurd, then straight away start with deflating tyres. This is the most effective. For rs. 25 I got the valve loosener for wheels. This is more effective. Great solution for these guys.

5) Just dont painc if they are using influence, you better get media involved.

6) Make sure that duirng all these, issues dont get more personal. Always ask friends to visit more often. These offenders are of very low thinking level ( proof : the way they park proves this ).

7) Take images and atleast audio recording of any conversations you have. I had to show Police my photographs from mobile.

8) Dont ever get caught. This is the biggest risk involved.

9) Considering the severity of situation, you can straight away also plant nails.

10) I had a very minor talk with a laywer. He told me that the approach of each house and society has to be the way it was shown in initial plans at the time of approval.

11) No body can block you approach indirectly or directly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks