Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 11:34   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
LOL. far from that and its a she. Google is your friend.
Oops ! Eventhough I am not a Bollywood buff, I keep updating with what is going on with special interest on item girls . Somehow missed her completely.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:40   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Oops ! special interest on item girls . Somehow missed her completely.
so bombatt,
how was she?
give us some more gyan that you got.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 10th November 2008 at 11:42.
Old 10th November 2008, 23:52   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Namaste Sam bhai (Hyderabadi greeting!)

Yet another interestingly curious (or curiously interesting?) write-up of yours about your Yeti adventures! 'found it enjoyable to read until the very last post, as usual!

One thing though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Jenny, I do not know how that infernal thing is worn. I must admit it looks gorgeous but a badly wrapped saree will look awful.
Grrr! I'm almost tempted to provoke you into a Yetiduel® for calling the Saree by that adjective! Hehe!

Jokes apart, if TheOne® is really keen to try on a Saree, I'd sure recommend you come down South for a change. Most phirangi ladies are somehow known to have triumphed in their attempts to wear one (strangely even H-E-A-V-Y silk ones) during their visits to Southern cities!

Quote:
He taught me that when I want to call you I should say
"Idhar aa kutte kameeney."

You know how it is? Just at the moment when you want things to be at their loudest, the music goes off and everyone goes silent and the entire room rings with the sound of a young german lass looking at me and saying "Idhar aa kuttey kameene"
Oh mannnn......I just imagined the look on your face when she'd said this...what a riot!

Anyways, good to know you 2 are finally going to be together soon! ATB!

PS: Could someone enlighten me on those gulAl (colour-powder) displays in one of the stalls in Sam's pics.?
Are colours used in Diwali in the north? I havent seen those sold for Diwali over here.

Last edited by Stanher : 11th November 2008 at 00:00.
Old 11th November 2008, 00:42   #109
Senior - BHPian

Sam I must admit, this is the first time I read any of your blogs.
God.
All I can say is, Fabulous. You are an institution, man. Fabulous, fabulous.
Again Fabulous.
There were times when I nearly fell off my chair laughing. And then there was the end, when I actually spied a tiny little teardrop welling up in the corner of my eye.
Keep it up buddy. I'm now going to spend the rest of the night with the "archives" section, trying to hunt as much stuff by you, as I can.

And hey, thanks for the pictures of the little lane in Mahim, where I live. You've made my little lane "world famous". Fabulous lighting, no ?
Had you walked a little ahead, you would've seen my black beauty, my li'l Fiat Super Select parked, and would've exclaimed "Ah ! there's a TBHPian here !"
Cheers, and God Bless.
Old 11th November 2008, 09:28   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Sam I must admit, this is the first time I read any of your blogs.
God.
All I can say is, Fabulous.
I'm now going to spend the rest of the night with the "archives" section, trying to hunt as much stuff by you, as I can.
Thank you, that is kind of you. Thanks for appreciating. There are a quite a few YetiBlogs on Team-BHP, it's going to be a long while before you read up all the archives
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
And hey, thanks for the pictures of the little lane in Mahim, where I live. You've made my little lane "world famous". Fabulous lighting, no ?
Had you walked a little ahead, you would've seen my black beauty, my li'l Fiat Super Select parked, and would've exclaimed "Ah ! there's a TBHPian here !"
Cheers, and God Bless.
Oh how wonderful! You live in that lane? It looked so gorgeous that night. Have they taken the lights off?

Now please don't get annoyed at my ignorance but I do not know what a Fiat Super Select is. *Shrug* sorry, but I'd like to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Namaste Sam bhai (Hyderabadi greeting!)

Yet another interestingly curious (or curiously interesting?) write-up of yours about your Yeti adventures! 'found it enjoyable to read until the very last post, as usual!

PS: Could someone enlighten me on those gulAl (colour-powder) displays in one of the stalls in Sam's pics.?
Are colours used in Diwali in the north? I havent seen those sold for Diwali over here.
THank you Stanny.

The colour is used for Rangoli, I was under the impression this tradition is also active in the South of India. Can the Chennai and Bangalore BHPians chip in?
YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-diwalirangolib7.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-diwali_panati.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-wonderrangoli2small.jpg
Credit: google images.
Old 11th November 2008, 10:17   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While I am not sure I understand what Milk Power means, I found it most amusing that we were having a traditional Pooja with Low-fat skimmed milk.
In the past and today also in rural India, cattles are the main assets of people who are associated with agriculture. Cattles give milk that is main cash earning stuff for their living.
Diwali pooja is performed mainly at the time when cattles return home i.e. @ 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm depending upon season. As Laxmi arrives at home[read laxmi= cattle=milk], Laxmi pooja is performed at that time worshiping dhan=cash=milk. Thats why milk is kept during pooja.
In cities like Mumbai, people are not able to get fresh milk for pooja. So milk powder comes in.
In rural India, fresh milk is taken for pooja.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:32   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
THank you Stanny.

The colour is used for Rangoli, I was under the impression this tradition is also active in the South of India. Can the Chennai and Bangalore BHPians chip in?
Ohh...ok.
I couldnt comment on TN/rest of south but I havent seen any houses (of local/telugu people) being adorned with rangoli during Diwali, as far as I can recall.
Maybe people here have become lazy lately?
Old 11th November 2008, 23:11   #113
Senior - BHPian

[Now please don't get annoyed at my ignorance but I do not know what a Fiat Super Select is. *Shrug* sorry, but I'd like to know.]
Arre Sam bhau,
One look at her and you would've known she's a Super Select !
Cheers .
Old 11th November 2008, 23:44   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lot of rangolis can be seen in TN during the Pongal festival. Some people here, draw rangolis during diwali too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Maybe people here have become lazy lately?
This is true. dont see many extensive rangolis(during pongal) these days.
Old 11th November 2008, 23:48   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Getting out of the show is an even bigger nightmare. Crowd, fumes, mismanagement and traffic.
Yes it was!

BTW, which speakers were those in the auditorium?
Old 11th November 2008, 23:52   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
BTW, which speakers were those in the auditorium?
lol. It's too obvious. What else would there be?
Old 12th November 2008, 00:05   #117
BHPian

Quote:
lol. It's too obvious. What else would there be?
DB Technologies?

You make for a better boyfriend Sam, thin people just ____ around.
Old 13th November 2008, 00:10   #118
BHPian

Thanks everyone for all the happy wishes and all the compliments on me in my new Indian outfits lol (which I quite enjoyed wearing for diwali).

Yes, I know I am late (I read your questions about my whereabouts lol). The last few times Sam just started so quickly with his travelogues that I didn't make it to join from the beginning and especially this time I had returned sick from India and did not feel like writing at all!

But now I am fine again, working as usual and catching up with normal life.

Anyways, as you have read we had a wonderful diwali. For me, there were lots of new customs and cultural aspects to take in of course, but nevertheless it was a loving and cheerful time! I am very happy I could come at this time of the year and make this experience, I would not have wanted to miss it!

Well, time is running now that I am back in Germany and it is only a matter of weeks until I will be back (or lets say: until Sam is coming to get me smile). I will probably not have much time to post much until then, there is still A LOT to prepare and do. Anyways, I hope that all of you also had a great diwali, too! Next time we will have to say Happy New Year I guess - when Sam and I will start a new thread about German Christmas haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Funny, Jenny and I seem to always find a way to miss each other. I leave for a week she comes for a week. I arrive in Germany and that very week Jenny is someplace else.
Yes, we need to work on that Navin! Next time there will be no more excuses haha.
Old 13th November 2008, 12:47   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dear Sam,

in Ap, a rangoli is called a muggu, a muggu is generally put from white powder during the regular days and with colours on special occasions or on regular days too depending on the person's mood. the outline is mostly with the white powder.

it's generally done first thing in the morning, after the cleaning up of the house and is generally done by the women folk of the house or by one of the help who has been assigned to do that task. generally she (or he) will have a bath before putting it up and so-on

here are pics of some recent muggus from my home:
Attached Thumbnails
YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-15012008044.jpg  

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-28102008624.jpg  

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-28102008633.jpg  

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-29102008636.jpg  

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-29102008637.jpg  

Last edited by aadix : 13th November 2008 at 12:58.
Old 16th November 2008, 22:56   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

@aadix,
Nice muggus I must say!

Yes they are put during (other) festivals here but I havent come across any done during Diwali so far. Atleast not in our locality. Good to know if they are still done in other places here at that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks