Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 00:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Guy wants to know if address is given will the train pick him up from his house.
I too had enquired about this when booking for a friend on tatkaal.
He clerk told me, if there was a bad news then it would be notified
via telegram to the address written. Sorry to be uninteresting.

Read this in RD.
I was sitting in a theatre, Suddenly the power goes off and there is no Audio or video. Pitch dark. Someone shouts from behind "All right, who has the remote". People laugh.
Old 26th May 2010, 08:07   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
One of the teams sitting next to us had moved. So, we were all moving into their vacated places, so that the entire team could sit next to each other. We were all busy moving our cabinets, chairs (with customised settings), CPUs and other personal effects, when we look up and see one of our teammates unplugging the landline phone. So, we asked him, "why are you doing that?"
His response: "I'm shifting the phone coz i dont want to change my phone number." :
If it was an IP phone, there is nothing funny about it.
Old 26th May 2010, 08:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If it was an IP phone, there is nothing funny about it.
Wow! Exactly what I was about to post!

These threads make great early morning reads.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

This incident happened around 6-7 years ago. A friend of mine gifted me an external CD drive & I carried it to my home town to copy few stuff for my cousin during vacation. My cousin (class 4 or 5 then) was impressed & wanted one for himself & I promised to get him one & this was sometimes during May.

Two months later on a regular conversation over the phone, he states that he got the CD writer & here's how the conversation goes.
Me: how much did it cost?
He: Don't know, Dad (my Uncle) got it.
Me: What's the speed?
He: Very fast, writes very quickly
Me: External or internal?
He: External
Me: (was blown away hearing that so fast the technology has reached from US to KL while it was not available here in Chennai)
Me: Which shop did you get it from?
He: Dad got it, must be from XXX shop
Me: (I know XXX is a stationary shop & got confused) Are you sure? Give it to your elder Brother
He: (So I ask his elder Brother) What is he talking about CD writer? Is it true that Dad got an external CD writer?
Cousin2: Yes, Dad got one, but its not the big one of yours; he's talking about the other CD writer that you were using to write on the CD's with hand

I realized it to be a permanent marker
Old 27th May 2010, 02:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Late night - maybe even past midnight. Me and my friend are returning home on my bike, he the pillion.

We are talking all crap, until I slow down for a speed breaker (which is about 10 meters away)

My friend: Keep to the right, as much as possible
Me: Why???
My Friend: Just do it da...

The road was empty, so I move to the right track and to the right most. A CES Onyx garbage bin stood perpendicular to my path (and the road) instead of being parallel. This bin is right before the speed breaker, to the right most of the road.

I feel the bike jerk a bit even a foot or so before the speed breaker, and thought maybe this friend wanted to put something in the garbage bin...

After driving a few meters, I incidentally see the rear-view mirror even while telling something to my friend - only to find that my was friend lying flat on the road, right before the speed breaker.

Panicked, I turned around. My bike does not have "U" shaped thingy on the back for people to hold on to (it was a LML Energy - I removed that thingy), and I thought I went over the speed breaker too fast and he fell down while leaning to put something in the bin because of the jump over the speed breaker.

The dude gets up, and tells..

Damn those Onyx guys - they locked the wheels of the bin! I kicked the garbage bin, imagining it would roll out of the way, but I rolled off the bike!

Last edited by ph03n!x : 27th May 2010 at 02:40.
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2010, 06:50   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

The dude gets up, and tells..

Damn those Onyx guys - they locked the wheels of the bin! I kicked the garbage bin, imagining it would roll out of the way, but I rolled off the bike!
ha ha ha, we seldom realize our vulnerability while riding a bike compared to stationary objects. BTW, if you had the U thingy, you and the bike would be on the road too.
Old 27th May 2010, 08:14   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
ha ha ha, we seldom realize our vulnerability while riding a bike compared to stationary objects. BTW, if you had the U thingy, you and the bike would be on the road too.
BTW, you gotta imagine the dialogs in Tamil - throw in a few expletives too. If you are from the Southern Districts, then even better!

I used to drive my Kinetic Honda in school - after the +2 exams, we wanted to celebrate, and went to buy a few stuff - me and this same dude.

After doing about half KM talking to him, and stopping in front of the shop I realized he is not sitting where he was when we started - in the pillion. I rushed back all the way looking for him flat on the road, only to find the entire group of my friends laughing their bottoms out.

One of them had held his shoulder while I moved... The KH did not have the spare wheel or the wheel holder either

(Both of us were pretty light-built then)

Last edited by ph03n!x : 27th May 2010 at 08:16.
Old 27th May 2010, 09:09   #68
Team-BHP Support

My wife's great grand uncle (actually great grandmother's brother) was staying at his niece's place for a while. My wife noticed that every morning grandpa was meticulously scanning the obituary page in the local newspaper. Next day she saw him doing it, she asked "Grandpa what are you doing?". After a pause grandpa replied "I'm trying to figure out if I'm dead or alive".

Ofcourse now we realize that he probably had Alzheimer's.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:37   #69
BHPian

This happened ~ 10 yrs ago:
One afternoon my neighbor came up to our house on the 1st flr completely wet below the elbows & it wasn't even raining, we were shocked & asked him what happened? to which he replied with anger
who has left the sump lid open?

PS: Due to a power failure We had opened the sump lid to draw water & this guy had opened the gate & walked right into the welcoming open sump and had used his elbows to break his fall... ouch!

What followed was uncontrollable laughter.

Must have hurt him badly but we contine to laugh even today

Last edited by raihan : 27th May 2010 at 16:43.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:07   #70
BHPian

This happened around 12 years ago. Was returning from the US to TVM and was doing the last leg of the journey Mumbai to Trivandrum. The flight was filled with "Gelf" folks. The flight had just taken off and the airhostess was distributing sweets (yeah they used to do it long ago). When she reached the guy sitting in the row in front of me, he asked her if he could smoke. She replied that it was a non-smoking flight and that he could not. He responded " Would it be OK if I got out, had a smoke and then came back in".
Made my day :-)

Heard this from a relative who works for Indian. On a very uncrowded flight from KL to Chennai, he observed an elderly man in the back often getting up, opening the overhead bin looking around, closing it and then sitting down again. This continued a few times before my relative asked him if he could help. "Yes" was the reply, "how do I get onto the berth on top?"
I heard this one, so I'm not sure if this is true!

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th June 2010 at 17:22. Reason: Back to back posts, please wait for moderator approval to edit the original post.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:00   #71
BHPian

Here's another one I just remembered. Two years back on a business trip to Malaysia, I asked the receptionist at the hotel for a restaurant nearby where I could eat "authentic" Malaysian food. She told me to get out of the hotel, take a left and then take the second right - a short walk of around 4 minutes. The restaurant is the second one on the left and I should then reach the place with a large red sign board. So I follow directions and guess what. The large red sign says - "McDonald's - Open 24 hours"
Old 6th July 2010, 05:51   #72
BHPian

One fine day at school, we were reading a Moral Science lesson. So there was this girl, and she was told to read out a paragraph loud. It went something like:-

Who's to blame for whatever's wrong in our lives ? It's US.

The girl read it as:-

Who's to blame for whatever's wrong in our lives ? It's U.S.

Of course, no one found it funny that time. Guess most of them were the off-the-net crowd.
Old 9th August 2010, 10:15   #73
Senior - BHPian

This happened 15-16 years back at my hometown in Karnataka.

My best friend's Grandpa expired and we were about to reach the graveyard for this last rites.

It was ramzan month and the funeral was at 6am. We (2-3 friends) were following the funeral procession (Janaza) and were in the last in the procession walking slowing. One oldie was going home walking probably from his morning prayers and asked us casually " kiska janaza hai beta" (Whose funeral is this son). My friend Osman (name not changed) quickly replied " kyun chiccha, chalte kya double savari".We all burst in to laughter. The oldie was taken aback and started hurling abuses at my friend and threw his slippers at us. We managed to run and scream again, "kyun chiccha, chalte kya double savari"

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 9th August 2010 at 10:20. Reason: eDIT
Old 9th August 2010, 12:03   #74
BHPian

What does 'kyun chiccha, chalte kya double savari' mean ?
Old 9th August 2010, 12:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
What does 'kyun chiccha, chalte kya double savari' mean ?
"why uncle, want to join?" double savari means double riding in the hearse in this content.

P.S. Nice thread this. very funny.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks