Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 11:12   #16
BANNED

Not much can be done and this is happening everywhere. Have a look on CMH road.

20 years back we lost a huge chunk of our land when NH17 was being build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Make a religious place nearby, get ten people who claim that they have been worshipping here for 20 years. Problem will get solved automatically. This is how things work in this corner of the world. Good luck!
WOW... you actually believe in this or you are trying to be funny. Because i find it a very stupid and illogical solution. As it is we have enough trouble already.

Back when Konkan Railway was being build in Goa there was a very old church standing right inbetween the path of the track. The local people first agreed to shifting it but then a comment like above was made my a local minister opposing the railway line. And the whole thing stalled.

But what happened after that was something that took everyone by surprise. They had even got a stay order for the movement of the church. So the Konkan railway folks building the track said fine and build the track on either side leaving out the disputed land out. The church was inbetween two parts of the track . The work didnt stop to the irritation of the protestors.

Ultimately better sense prevailed and the local citizens took back the case and Konkan railway helped move the church.

So there Mr tsk1979 its not really the way you think our country works. We still have some people like Sreedharan around who dont fall for such cheap gimmicks and even stronger people who give up their land and livelihood for the larger good. We dont know about US. LOL.

Last edited by Spitfire : 13th February 2009 at 11:15.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:15   #17
Team-BHP Support

I was jesting spitfire. OF course its not a solution. To be honest I don't know what can an ordinary citizen with no deep pockets or political contacts do. My sympathies with the OP!
Old 13th February 2009, 11:17   #18
BANNED

@tsk1979: People actually take such advise and have made life difficult for everyone.

I know its a very bad position to be in but lot of people have felt the pain and given up when they understand the larger picture.

Try and get the best compensation possible and share it among your employees.

Last edited by Spitfire : 13th February 2009 at 11:36.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil,

Really sorry to hear this. From your description, I know where your tyre shop is. I travel on that road practically everyday.

I can understand how you are feeling now. Unfortunately, I do not know much about legal issues in India and I can not give you any advice on this. I hope that you will be somehow compensated, don't know how though.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:42   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Make a religious place nearby, get ten people who claim that they have been worshipping here for 20 years. Problem will get solved automatically. This is how things work in this corner of the world. Good luck!
A full fledged temple was demolished to construct the Tilak Nagar metro station. Sreedharan does not stop at anything to get work done. Good or bad is for people to decide.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:48   #21
BANNED

Nikhil,
Sad to hear your case, I know of the place you are talking about. And not only the business, guys, that stretch of road from Southend circle to the end of the raod some 3 kms down south is THE most beautiful stretch in the whole of Bangalore and it is with pride that I say this. It's absolutely beautiful, with lush green parks on both sides and the fully grown canopy of tress forming an umbrella like structure overhead almost for the entire stretch.

The Metro is needed but the way they have been going about choosing the way has been totally devoid of any reasoning or logic. These government buffoons are $crewing up my city in the name of development and I hate them for this.

Nikhil, I think there is some case pending before the court about the park destruction which is a continuation of RV road. We need big publicity and outcry to stop this rape of our Garden city , I am willing to participate if there is an organised revolt against demolishing this scenic route.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil - You should not blame metro for the issue you are facing. Metro will do good to Bangalore. Think of what Delhi has become after its metro. Mumbai's lifeline is the local train network. You may not want the metro but most people in Bangalore want Metro.

There are other ways to fight the case that includes proper representation and a good compensation. Let us hope things work out just fine for you and many others in that building and let us also hope that Metro gets commissioned as soon as possible in Bangalore.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:58   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
And not only the business, guys, that stretch of road from Southend circle to the end of the raod some 3 kms down south is THE most beautiful stretch in the whole of Bangalore and it is with pride that I say this. It's absolutely beautiful, with lush green parks on both sides and the fully grown canopy of tress forming an umbrella like structure overhead almost for the entire stretch.
I walked, cycled and jogged on this road practically everyday between 1982-88. Unlike now it was very clean and green then, imagine this road without any dust if you can. I can't believe they are busting this entire stretch for metro, but then it is better than destroying homes.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:11   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
@tsk1979: People actually take such advise and have made life difficult for everyone.

I know its a very bad position to be in but lot of people have felt the pain and given up when they understand the larger picture.

Try and get the best compensation possible and share it among your employees.
I fully agree.

I think you should co-ordinate with the landowner and the government and share the compensation liberally with your employees.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Nikhil,
Sad to hear your case, I know of the place you are talking about. And not only the business, guys, that stretch of road from Southend circle to the end of the raod some 3 kms down south is THE most beautiful stretch in the whole of Bangalore and it is with pride that I say this. It's absolutely beautiful, with lush green parks on both sides and the fully grown canopy of tress forming an umbrella like structure overhead almost for the entire stretch.
I agree with you. This is one of my favourite roads and I am lucky to take that road to my office almost everyday. The very fact that Metro is coming here makes me think that these people will carelessly cut down trees and make this road as bad as any other road in Bangalore.

Even now, two wheelers should be very happy to drive on this road during peak summer afternoons I guess.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:27   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Wow! So does this mean they are bringing down all the building on the same line as your shop?

Bad, very bad! Improper planning and then mess up the common mans life! God save us!
Yes. Almost all buildings till Bangalore Hospital.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Well, its sad.

But for people complaining that land is being acquired to build roads, petro-chem complex, Is there something else you can do to feed the growing population ? How can you build manufacturing, road/infrastructure without ground beneath?

Even if done very well such activities will always have such effects. Maybe the most intelligent people can do this such that it affects only a handful of houses/buildings. But is that good for those affected?
Old 13th February 2009, 12:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Well, its sad.

But for people complaining that land is being acquired to build roads, petro-chem complex, Is there something else you can do to feed the growing population ? How can you build manufacturing, road/infrastructure without ground beneath?

Even if done very well such activities will always have such effects. Maybe the most intelligent people can do this such that it affects only a handful of houses/buildings. But is that good for those affected?
YOu dont get the point do you? There govt land 300 metres down the road. Instead of using that for the station, they want to displace dozens of people.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
There govt land 300 metres down the road. Instead of using that for the station, they want to displace dozens of people.
There must be a good reason for Govt to do that, else what would they get (apart from abuses, curses etc) by harrassing general public?

Also remember they have to even justify & convince the court for their actions, and court will decide based on the facts & figures only, and their first priority would be to safeguard the interests of the people & not the Govt.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:41   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
and their first priority would be to safeguard the interests of the people & not the Govt.
I highly doubt that now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks