Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2009, 15:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Here's Mine! Ray-Ban Aviator Driving Sunglasses.
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img_4338-large.jpg
Old 21st February 2009, 15:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Love the Aviators, very nice.

I have a pair of Aviators, a couple from Killer Loop and one inexpensive plastic Fastrack. The Killer Loop and Fastrack are always in the car but I NEVER wear them. Wearing sunglasses somehow isn't a habit. Just bought and kept.

Here are the twosome from the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-p1110119-large.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-p1110120-large.jpg  

Old 21st February 2009, 18:13   #18
BHPian

I have just one, Oakley HalfX. cost app 20k, bought it app 6yrs back in the US. Awesome glasses I must say. Used them everywhere, from a sea side to snow clad mountains and also in dark cloudy conditions (changing weather). No problems whatsoever.

Cheers,
Shrey
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-oakley.jpg  

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 21st February 2009 at 18:22.
Old 21st February 2009, 18:25   #19
BHPian

I love my Oakley - been using it for the last 6 years. Time to look for another pair i guess
Old 22nd February 2009, 14:26   #20
BHPian

if u gonna drive car..then go for a rayban aviator series..if its gonna be bike, then plan for something that covers your eyes very close..
Old 22nd February 2009, 14:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

i wear custom made sunglasses when i drive. got them made with numbered lenses because i have a very high power. anyways they are aviators. will try posting a picture of them soon..
Old 22nd February 2009, 15:02   #22
BHPian

Tag

I use a TAG RIMLESS CURVE, light and flexible, easy to handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-tagheuerzenith5106sunglassesblackgradientgreylenses.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2009, 16:13   #23
BHPian

Using Oakleys since last year.. One is Monster Pup and other is Twitch.
Also have another frame from Oakleys : Crosshair, but thats kept for the numbered glasses.
Old 22nd February 2009, 16:45   #24
BHPian

Since I need correction and cant stand contacts . I was always stuck buying cheapo sunglasses as putting in prescription lenses in them.

Managed to get a pair of oakleys with prescriptions in them cost me a bomb though

Only isues is when my power changes. No one in India can so the the high curvature prescriptions.

Finally got a pair of rudy projects that take a prescription insert. No all I need is 500Rs plastic lenses when my power changes
Old 22nd February 2009, 16:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Finally got a pair of rudy projects that take a prescription insert. No all I need is 500Rs plastic lenses when my power changes
Can you post the pic of your sunglasses with details?

As i wear spects, i think i also need something like yours.

For time being, i wear custom made sunglasses. Look at my avtar pic on left side.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 22nd February 2009 at 16:56.
Old 22nd February 2009, 18:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Do not wear sunglasses as my eye power is -2/-4, my normal eyeglasses protect me adequately, do not go out too much in the afternoon sun, and feel too much of a bother carrying powered sunglasses and eyeglasses around.
Old 22nd February 2009, 18:17   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
HI All,
I am sure almost everyone who drives a car here will be wearing sunglasses(exceptions might be people wearing spectacles).
I am sorry - I don't get the connection - why should almost everyone
who drives a car here be wearing sunglasses?
Old 22nd February 2009, 18:21   #28
BHPian

Rayban 'Ambermatic'

I own Rayban 'Ambermatic' for 13 years.
'Ambermatic ' is not available nowadays, it is supposed to increase the contrast.
Old 22nd February 2009, 23:43   #29
BHPian

i own a emporio armani, oklay, porche, rayban and a fastrac also. i keep all of them in my car.
Old 23rd February 2009, 00:20   #30
BHPian

Have been using a pair of aviators from '97, still going strong although the rim gold plating has almost vanished at places, these saved me an eye quite sometime back, so this pair is all the more special to me.

Got another pair of Aviators last year, different tint

Apart from that I use a pair from Polaroid, not much in use these days, they are light and good, just got tired of the rectangular shape.. whereas I haven't tired of the classic Aviator shape after 12 years of constant use!

Use a pair of amber Aviator clone from Titan Fast Track range for driving at night, keeps the glares off and the drive pleasant most of the time, pretty good.

If you have someone who can procure in the US, have a look at AO General Sunglasses

If buying Ray-Ban from the online or street shops, be very cautious. Ebay has some guidelines for identifying fakes at eBay Guides - Identifying Fake Raybans on eBay,. There are other info on the net on this too, I do not have the links right now, you can always search for the same. In simple words, be careful of exotic colors in lenses, the genuine Ray-Bans are pretty limited in tint choice. Buying them from abroad makes sense as most of the good Aviators like those of the Outdoorsman range with wire loop rims are not heard of in most Indian merchant establishments.

Be prepared to pay in the range of 3k for a good pair of glasses, worth the money I'd tell you, for many years to come. My roomie had his pair of Ray-ban run over by a jeep, all crushed but restored to original shape in their Rajasthan facility, glass unbroken

Cheers!

Most Viewed