Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 19:14   #151
BHPian

I own Polaraid Aviator, Miami Blues aviator, fast track aviator, fast track biker glass, fast track casual. I owned them and thanks to my friends that now i am left with only Polaraid.
Old 11th February 2010, 22:19   #152
Senior - BHPian

Any Ray ban dealer in Bangalore who offers TBHP discount? :-))
Old 11th February 2010, 23:02   #153
Senior - BHPian

The thread title seems weird. I feel 'wear ' should be removed.
Old 25th February 2010, 13:00   #154
Senior - BHPian

I have a Kenneth Cole Reaction.
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:26   #155
BHPian

@MODS didn't find any other thread, so thought of posting it here itself instead of creating a new one.

Is this FAKE or REAL ?
eBay India: Ray Ban Aviator Mercury Golden Sunglasses @ 1Rs Auction (item 250589839492 end time 03-Mar-2010 22:50:04 IST)

Got this Link via a Friend, who was searching for a new pair. He told Me that He had contacted the seller asking whether these are genuine? and the Seller said YES, they are genuine and If He felt they are fake or He is not satisfied with the product then He can send back the product and get 100% money back (Point to note that the seller is a powerseller and has a very good feedback)

Old 3rd March 2010, 10:37   #156
Senior - BHPian

^^ I would be very careful with such deals. The number of fake Ray Ban Aviators available in the market is huge and some are very good copies as well. I would suggest buying from a store where he can atleast check and get a warranty.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:46   #157
BHPian

any websites other than ebay, who ship to India the original branded sunglasses? I am looking for Polaroid Glasses.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:07   #158
Senior - BHPian

Anti-Glare Glasses for Computer?

What is Glare?
Glare is the harsh, high intensity light that falls on your eyes as a result of reflections from other objects. If somebody users a mirror to direct sun-rays to your eyes, what you see is a ‘glare’. Other cases where you can experience glare: Skiing (reflection from snow), Desert (reflection from the hot sand), sailing (reflection from the water), reflection from glass such as windshield, window panes, etc.

How is normal custom-made ‘anti-glare’ glass produced?
Anti-glare coating is ‘painted’ on the glass. This coating ‘easily’ wears away with normal use such as wiping with a cloth, touching with hands, placing in pocket along with other objects, etc

Would we have glare from a computer screen?
If you have light sources such as open windows or lamps directly behind you, you could get a glare as a result of reflections from the computer screen. The best way to prevent this is to remove light sources behind you, and switch on the lights on the ceiling (not wearing anti-glare glasses!!!). If the screen is too bright, you could reduce the brightness/contrast.

What is the harmful effect of computer screens?
Radiations from a CRT computer screen are mainly Ultraviolet-A, Ultraviolet-B, Infra-red and small amount of X-rays.

Ultraviolet-A: prolonged exposure causes cataract, though there are differences of opinion on this.
Ultraviolet-B: prolonged exposure causes cataract, no doubt.
Infrared: prolonged exposure causes cataract (By the way, cataract is the condition in which the lens of your eyes darken, so the only solution is to get it replaced by an artificial lens).
X-rays: cause heating and damage to cells (though most CRT screens have very minimal, almost nil radiation beyond 85 centimeter)

Besides, all these rays are known to cause fatigue, even if only the eyes are exposed.

In that case, what glasses do you need to work on CRT screen?
You need glasses that block atleast 99% of UV-A, UV-B and Infra-red rays. Good brands of Sun-glasses have this protection (if you don’t like the dark shade of Sun-glasses, you could try the photo-chromatic option). Some brands of Sun-glasses also have plain glasses with these protections, but make sure that it’s a reliable brand (it is also advised to buy glasses that have protective substances embedded, rather than just a coating).

Anything else about plain-glasses?
The ‘power’ of a plain-glass needs to be exactly zero, else your eye-sight would be affected in the long-run.

Note:
If you are really particular about custom-made plain-glasses, polycarbonate lenses are a good option, as they have inbuilt UV protection, and are more break resistant. Reputed branded lenses have a good range of Polycarbonate lenses.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:06   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
What is Glare?

Would we have glare from a computer screen?
I don't think the effect on eyes is significant compared to a few minutes outside in sun. Definitely not enough to warrant use of eye glasses for somebody who doesn't usually wear one.

X-rays and electromagnetic radiation will have effect on rest of your body, and glasses will not help you there.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:17   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

I own a Fast Track and a Rayban Aviator.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:34   #161
Senior - BHPian

Got myself a pair of Carrera Sunglasses last month. Glasses are fantastic but they need to be handled carefully as the frame is quite delicate.

Sorry for the poor pic quality, taken from my BB.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img00112201004062023.jpg  

Old 7th April 2010, 16:31   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I don't think the effect on eyes is significant compared to a few minutes outside in sun. Definitely not enough to warrant use of eye glasses for somebody who doesn't usually wear one.
What about people like me who spend the whole day in front of the computer as part of our job?
Old 7th April 2010, 17:35   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about people like me who spend the whole day in front of the computer as part of our job?
as I said, you should have more worries about EM radiation. Also back problems and carpel tunnel.

I am not saying there is no harm from UV coming from CRT, but it's negligible compared to what our eyes are used to from sunlight.
Old 7th April 2010, 20:30   #164
BHPian

i own RayBan aviators, (the one im wearing in my avatar), and Dunlop shades aswell..
Planning to get a RayBan Wayfarer also.. anyone here who also shares my love for Wayfarers??
Old 7th April 2010, 20:55   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Yes radiation from the PC display does cause strain to the human eyes.
Hence it is recommended to take short breaks after prolonged exposure to the PC.Also, specially coated glasses can be used.An ophthalmologist would suggest the proper shades that can be used for driving as well as for protection against PC radiation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks