Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 12:02   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Guys,
Slightly : My idea of a cool Bolero.
1. CRDe engine The DI Turbo is simple, no infestation of sensors, but underpowered. I'd still prefer it to the CRDe. There are reports that acceleration is improved by a custom filter and getting rid of the BS3 limiters in the exhaust. How true is this? anybodies guess really.
2. 4WD, Manual shift, no electronic shift.
3. 5 speed, 1 reverse. 5th. overdrive
4. Power steering. Lets aim higher. I already have power steering. It really needs to be adaptive, speed sensitive power steering. At the moment it is really twitchy at speeds > 60kph. Takes a little getting used to, and the driver gets automatically sensitized to gentle steering actuation at higher speeds. If the power steering itself is sensitized to stiffen steering input at greater speeds, it'd be perfect.
5. Higher Ground Clearance 200mm minimum.
6. Options for fitting of winch in the front, tow hook at the rear.
7. Better brakes/ braking? My brakes are new, and tend to lock if used like any other car. Again, needs a little getting used to, but don't think I need a booster.
8. Better seats? This point will never be debated against by anybody who's driven the Bolero. The seats resemble badly made sofa's in the previous century. They may be comfy to sit and watch TV on, but not for long drives with terrible lumbar support and non existent thigh support. Mine's got a lean in one direction to top all this. Gets me really wild sometimes. Have to go to an upholstery guy and get him to firm up the spongy foam with some coir etc.
9. Rear windscreen wiper and defogger. Driving in the rains on NH4 was very scary with the back completely fogged at times, and covered in muck and slush thrown by the rear wheels.
10. Push release cable driven fuel lid opener. Okay, this is a convenience that may seem out of place in a UV. But what the hey, I want it.

Gautam.

The Bolero is priced well for a car of its size. Some may argue that its still an outdated machine with an outdated engine, obsolete looks, zero aerodynamics, poor handling, terribly bouncy suspension etc. But that does not take away from the fact that it is a VFM product that can be used as a daily commuter, highway mile eater, people mover, load carrier etc with no fuss whatsover. It's not luck or chance that Mahindra sell so many of the Bolero's, whether they be camper's, Plus', SLX's, VLX's whatever.

Cheers,
Old 4th August 2009, 12:13   #77
BHPian

Hi! Nice Bolero, but whats so special on the special edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
@darxide
Some Photos of my Bolero Special Edition. These pics. were originally posted in the thread "08 Special Edition Bolero Launched"

Old 4th August 2009, 12:14   #78
BHPian

@anupmathur, Ashley Nair point taken on the CRDe/i.
@Sriku, yep i forgot about the rear wash and wiper. The rear screen gets completely messed up in the rains, especially on the highways. A stop every half hour to get it cleaned or then pray for continuous heavy rains to wash it off, but doesn't always work!
@jgsolo27 good to see pics of your ride here. Browsed through the KOYAS website. They have good stuff for the Bolero.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:27   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Hi! Nice Bolero, but whats so special on the special edition.
Just a few additions over and above SLX! The color (with some stickers), the aluminium mesh in the front grill, european leather seats etc.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:55   #80
NIP
Senior - BHPian

The front grill on the spl edition completely kills it. No offence, but looks like a gate to some building ripped off and installed here. Otherwise looks great !
Old 4th August 2009, 14:01   #81
jp1
BHPian

I am having my wish list for the past 8 years since the time I own the Bolero, I mentioned it in the forum couple of times, Here it goes again...

- CRde - Wish granted last year, i.e after I bought my 2nd Bolero
- Crde with 4x4 with manual shift, to keep the price low. no need of Borg warner, with differentials locks it will be better. Even Ford endeavour comes with Manual shift, why not Bolero.
- Better brakes
- 2nd row seats foldable

Is this too much to ask.. Mahindra? You have has everything at your disposal to make such a vehicle without any additional research.

Hope Mahindra will listen and do something about it. It can be easily done, but not sure why they are not doing it. Wrote few mails to them and they acknowledged the same...that's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Guys,
Lovely pics of our rides. Sounding repetitive, but what the hell, am really glad that I own a Bolero! Keep the pics coming people.
@ Darxide- more work for you, making collages of all the pics!

Slightly : My idea of a cool Bolero.
1. CRDe engine
2. 4WD, Manual shift, no electronic shift.
3. 5 speed, 1 reverse. 5th. overdrive
4. Power steering.
5. Higher Ground Clearance 200mm minimum.
6. Options for fitting of winch in the front, tow hook at the rear.
7. Better brakes/ braking?
8. Better seats?

Guys feel free to add on to the above.

So is anyone at Mahindra listening?
Dhabhar Behram Sir, your input will be greatly appreciated and valued!

Gautam.

Last edited by jp1 : 4th August 2009 at 14:02.
Old 4th August 2009, 14:26   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
The front grill on the spl edition completely kills it. No offence, but looks like a gate to some building ripped off and installed here. Otherwise looks great !
Do you mean the front Bumper/Bull Bar? Yes, it does kill the looks. It did not come fitted, but was fitted later by me. I am removing it shortly!
Old 4th August 2009, 17:03   #83
BHPian

Here are a few pics of my bolo. All stock.

All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-3.jpg
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-1.jpg
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-2.jpg

@jgsolo27: I'll repeat what I've already told you - The design of alloys you have suits the bolo THE best. There's an old bolo for sale in the second hand car dealers showroom next door, its got these alloys (but not AURA) and I've been eyeing them for quite some time. But they won't sell the alloys separately . Hmm... might have to pay them a little visit at night!
Old 4th August 2009, 17:25   #84
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
@jgsolo27: I'll repeat what I've already told you - The design of alloys you have suits the bolo THE best. There's an old bolo for sale in the second hand car dealers showroom next door, its got these alloys (but not AURA) and I've been eyeing them for quite some time. But they won't sell the alloys separately . Hmm... might have to pay them a little visit at night!
Actually there are LOTS of newer alloys (models) available in the market now. I think you should spend some time scouting around. You'd be surprised !
Old 4th August 2009, 18:06   #85
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

love the alloys - i had the same ones on my old Dark Green Bolero - these are the Aura B 1560 15 inch type with 5 spokes in hyper silver colour. they look absolutely the best on the Bolero.

the early scorpios used to come with 15 inch wheels and these particular alloys used to look superb on the scorpio too. unfortunately this design of alloys doesnt come in the 16 inch size or I would quite happily have bought the same ones for my new scorpio when I bought that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
@darxide
Some Photos of my Bolero Special Edition. These pics. were originally posted in the thread "08 Special Edition Bolero Launched"

Old 4th August 2009, 18:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of the Bolero DI we had bought and sold in 2006...
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-dscn0913.jpg  

All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-dscn0914.jpg  

All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-image103ps.jpg  

Old 4th August 2009, 19:38   #87
Senior - BHPian

Mine is absolutely stock right upto the Horn! I have not upgraded to alloys because I fear they will get warped very soon due to extra affinity to go offroad /pot holes at high speeds. But if there are heavy duty alloys which will not getwarped easily, I might get them on. Any inputs, people?
Old 5th August 2009, 10:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Mine is absolutely stock right upto the Horn! I have not upgraded to alloys because I fear they will get warped very soon due to extra affinity to go offroad /pot holes at high speeds. But if there are heavy duty alloys which will not getwarped easily, I might get them on. Any inputs, people?
i agree witth you,the alloys we get here are mostly for cosmetic use and are really not reliable and damage prone especially when used off road. most of these are mass produced in taiwan or china.
you can however check on 4x4 sites in the US,theyve got some real hot and capable looking wheels. but again the issue is not only with the hi price and head aches of importing them but also the wierd 160 PCD our bolero wheels have
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-6945.jpg  

All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-images.jpg  

Old 5th August 2009, 10:52   #89
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the indian made aura alloys are certainly not cosmetic - my personal experience
im not saying ive gone severely off road in my old 2WD bolero but I ve done quite a bit of it in the 3 years I had that jeep.

also a great deal of hill driving in coorg/ ooty / munnar etc at good speeds over mostly pot-holed roads - not to mention our very own dear bangalore pot holes.

nothing ever happened to my B1560 aura alloys - indeed the person who bought the jeep even commented on the excellent condition of the tyres and wheels and paid me a premium for that jeep (compared with the ruling market prices at the time of sale in 2008 March).

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
i agree witth you,the alloys we get here are mostly for cosmetic use and are really not reliable and damage prone especially when used off road. most of these are mass produced in taiwan or china.
you can however check on 4x4 sites in the US,theyve got some real hot and capable looking wheels. but again the issue is not only with the hi price and head aches of importing them but also the wierd 160 PCD our bolero wheels have
Old 5th August 2009, 11:07   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the indian made aura alloys are certainly not cosmetic - my personal experience
im not saying ive gone severely off road in my old 2WD bolero but I ve done quite a bit of it in the 3 years I had that jeep.

also a great deal of hill driving in coorg/ ooty / munnar etc at good speeds over mostly pot-holed roads - not to mention our very own dear bangalore pot holes.

nothing ever happened to my B1560 aura alloys - indeed the person who bought the jeep even commented on the excellent condition of the tyres and wheels and paid me a premium for that jeep (compared with the ruling market prices at the time of sale in 2008 March).

cheers
true even iv'e heard that aura was good tough brand sadly they dont make auras anymore. but their designs were uninspiring to say the least.
any wheel be it a steel rim or alloy doesnt realy stand a chance in avoiding dents and scratches when driven hard over rocky and broken terrain. thats why after fitting my alloys and tires which cost me a bomb, i totally stay off the beaten path. the best is to stick to the original steel rims and standard tires without those ridiculous wheel caps if planning some serious off roading

Last edited by darxide : 5th August 2009 at 11:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks