Team-BHP - Which watch do you own?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which watch do you own? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5927-watch-do-you-own-110.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rki2007 (Post 2926538)
I have a friend of mine who is crazy about watches. These are her collections.

Good to finally see some ladies' watches in here!
Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2926618)
An old one i still use.

Nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2926618)
An old one i still use.

That is one beautiful watch. And an Automatic. What else do you want?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SankalpDesai

That is one beautiful watch. And an Automatic. What else do you want?

Yeah, so it is.
For both office, and the night out.just the Sapphire on the crown is missing.

Need to buy a digital watch. I have started jogging / running again and need a watch with the following functionalities to track (basic) performance:
I do not want to spend thousands on it. I know a G-Shock type thing would probably have it all; but do not want to spend that much. There are other Casio digital watches I saw; starting at Rs 400. Any feedback on "non G shock" casio digital watches (ones that would suit the above requirements).

Also; did not see too great a discount online (10% standard). Any preffered ? If the delivery time would exceed a week; I would rather but it from a store. Suggestion on "where to buy" would be most appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad (Post 2927697)
Need to buy a digital watch. I have started jogging / running again and need a watch with the following functionalities to track (basic) performance:

Perhaps you are looking for this? http://www.flipkart.com/timex-expedition-analog-digital-watch-unisex/p/itmd9gjgbgpp3gyv?pid=WATD9H77MKCGVQZH&ref=691123b5-a4c5-4d68-8b2c-8e4c776f88ab

It has got everything that you've listed as your requirement. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parthasarathig (Post 2927954)

Thanks, but its more expensive that the casios I have seen. Not loving the design either. Plus, the strap is leather. After prolonged usage and ingesting too much sweat (which it will); the leather straps begin to wither away (especially at the hinges). And if I am spending 3k, I do not mind spending a little more and getting me a entry level G shock.

I do not want anything analog. Pure digital watch with varied settings. I think casios rule the roost in this dept. Feedback on different models would be most helpful. I am planning to buy one over the weekend.

^^^Why not get the famed Casio Terrorist watch for around Rs. 400 which has been discussed earlier? It meets all your requirements, except that it does not have multiple alarms, IIRC. Unless you have seen my earlier post in this thread, I have one that might be like 15 years old or more, and in perfect condition.

Quote:

• Stopwatch (to time laps, track time between walk, jog and sprint)
  • Alarms - preferably multiple alarm settings
  • Should have a backlight (I go for my runs real early in the morning. Its pretty dark then)
  • Must be durable
  • Cheaper the better.
I do not want to spend thousands on it. I know a G-Shock type thing would probably have it all; but do not want to spend that much. There are other Casio digital watches I saw; starting at Rs 400. Any feedback on "non G shock" casio digital watches (ones that would suit the above requirements).

Also; did not see too great a discount online (10% standard). Any preffered ? If the delivery time would exceed a week; I would rather but it from a store. Suggestion on "where to buy" would be most appreciated.

Checkout timex ironman range too. Also, look at battery replacement options before buying since you will be depleting it pretty quick if you use all these functions. USB charged watches might be another option.

Additionally, you need somebody else to track lap times, it's pretty to check lap times yourself.

Quote:

Need to buy a digital watch.

Check out the Sonata Ocean range of watches. They have all the features you need plus will cost less than a thousand. A couple of samples given below:

http://www.flipkart.com/sonata-ocean...TDBTVGRJYKCWQG

http://www.flipkart.com/sonata-ocean...1-44c78e781de9

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 2927996)
^^^Why not get the famed Casio Terrorist watch for around Rs. 400 which has been discussed earlier?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekiny2k (Post 2928007)
Checkout timex ironman range too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 2928052)
Check out the Sonata Ocean range of watches.

Many thanks for your suggestiions.

Ordered the Casio "Osama Bin Laden" aka "Terrorist watch" from flipkart last night for Rs 401. To be delivered on the 15th.

My collection till date, favorites being the submariner and the hmt.

Which watch do you own?-jean-mart.jpg

This watch was gifted to my father.
Now i have it.
This was a limited edition watch.
Its functioning till now considering it is more than 30 years old and on original machinery except strap and cell which we replace every year.

Specifications:-

JM
Jean Martin
Mineral Glass
23k Gold Plated
Stainless Steel back
A-023.

Guess the time :)

Which watch do you own?-20120930kps_4258-tbhp.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by palash987 (Post 2930135)

This watch was gifted to my father.
Now i have it.
This was a limited edition watch.
Its functioning till now considering it is more than 30 years old and on original machinery except strap and cell which we replace every year.

Specifications:-

JM
Jean Martin
Mineral Glass
23k Gold Plated
Stainless Steel back
A-023.

Hey,

Can you post a clearer picture? Never heard of this brand before. Is it Swiss?

Horologists in Pune, need your advice.

I've recently got hold of a vintage Swiss watch. It's an Omax, Geneve. The dial says 'Swiss Made' and is hand wound. It is in working condition but is in a sorry state and needs servicing immediately. Any suggestions where can I get it serviced? Need a reliable and reasonable watchmaker to service my prized possession. Suggestions welcome. (I wouldn't prefer going to C. T. Pundole as they DO NOT respect their customers. Especially the low end ones.)

Will post pics once I get it in a jealousy-inspiring condition... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 2931856)
Guess the time :)

Attachment 1000061

The mods might delete or merge this post, but I don't have an option but to post right below my previous post.

And the time is 9:43.