Team-BHP - Which watch do you own?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which watch do you own? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5927-watch-do-you-own-111.html)

Here is the clearer version:

Which watch do you own?-dscn2028.jpg

Yes.
It is swiss made.

Inherited this, It belonged to my grandfather and was given to him by Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on the completion of the Hirakud Dam

oh boy, some fancy watches here, i hope you guys realise that from this year onwards watches worth over 50k are liable for wealth tax? who knows if the taxmen are watching this:D
i have an HMT Avinash and currently wearing a circa 1975 Citizen CustomV2, also had a timex indiglo and seiko 5, but they were stolen long ago

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 897537)
Nothing to beat this for decades to come.cheers:

yours must be an older watch, since the lumens are very cleanly painted on, later ones are not so clean in workmanship. i would love an older jawan or pilot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad (Post 2928882)
Ordered the Casio "Osama Bin Laden" aka "Terrorist watch" from flipkart last night for Rs 401. To be delivered on the 15th.

Taking a cue from you, I also did the same. Got mine day before yesterday. A stock photo taken from the internet attached below.

Which watch do you own?-f91w.jpg

It's so light that I end up checking my wrist frequently to see if it's fallen off or still there :D

Cheers,
Vikram

This is my other timex, an Ironman that I still have not been able to figure out......:D

Which watch do you own?-dsc_00841.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 2934995)
Taking a cue from you, I also did the same. Got mine day before yesterday. A stock photo taken from the internet attached below.

It's so light that I end up checking my wrist frequently to see if it's fallen off or still there :D

Cheers,
Vikram

I am also getting this one.
Its so plain jane, its actually cool.
And, I think, on its way to displacing the Edifice as the TBHP watch :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2935010)
Its so plain jane, its actually cool.
And, I think, on its way to displacing the Edifice as the TBHP watch :)

Quote:

Got mine day before yesterday.

It sure is cool. I bought it primarily to time my runs. But I love it so much that I often wear it to work as well.

Be warned though; I have not met a single soul yet who liked this watch. My wife HATES it with a passion. :D

I dont know if it has anything to do with my greying hair; but I am really falling for such "simplistic things". I recently also got me an HMT Pilot. If this "terrorist watch" is your kind of thing; I suggest you get one (Pilot ie) for yourself real quick.

Edit - forgot to mention; flipkart delivered the watch real quick (2 days flat). Super impressed!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohit choudhary (Post 2931958)
Inherited this, It belonged to my grandfather and was given to him by Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on the completion of the Hirakud Dam

Can you post some clearer pics of that, please? :)
That is one special watch!
And are those stains on the glass? Have they been left there for some reason?

:D
Got it!!
So petite it is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2940492)
Got it!!
So petite it is!

Congrats and welcome to the club! Keep the time in 24 hours mode; it seems even more cool!

stupid:

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Taking a cue from you, I also did the same. Got mine day before yesterday. (Casio F91...)

I used to have the same watch (in black-n-yellow) during my student days and had it for nearly 7 years. Itching to do it all over again...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 2924979)
Genuine mother-of-pearl dial, not too sure about the quality of the stones though I was told they are diamonds. Cost about 28k INR, so I don't think I got diamonds! :D

agree:
1 carat = 1 Lakh approx. Perhaps they are white stones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2940492)
Got it!!
So petite it is!

clap: Excellent!!! Do let me know how others (friends, family, colleagues) react. My prediction - scrunchy noses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 2940653)
Congrats and welcome to the club! Keep the time in 24 hours mode; it seems even more cool!

stupid:

Cheers,
Vikram

Naaahh. I like the "AM / PM" thingy better. And just for arguing on this, must say that stupid: too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad (Post 2937332)
It sure is cool. I bought it primarily to time my runs. But I love it so much that I often wear it to work as well.

Be warned though; I have not met a single soul yet who liked this watch. My wife HATES it with a passion. :D

I dont know if it has anything to do with my greying hair; but I am really falling for such "simplistic things". I recently also got me an HMT Pilot. If this "terrorist watch" is your kind of thing; I suggest you get one (Pilot ie) for yourself real quick.

Edit - forgot to mention; flipkart delivered the watch real quick (2 days flat). Super impressed!!!

I quite agree. Actually, quite surprised that so many people here seem to be buying it. Its a super durable and functional watch but with an acrylic lens (hence more easily prone to scratching); but zero in the style/aesthetics dept. In fact most Casios seem poor in that department (except some from the Edifice range, IMO). I use mine where I'd not want to risk wearing better stuff. My friends call them "uncle watches". Shame, because I love their quality and durability.

Bought this Morellato watch yesterday through Myntra.com at 8PM and got it delivered today around 10:30 morning.. Superfast delivery clap:

Paid Rs. 7,746.. MRP was Rs. 11,760