Team-BHP - Which watch do you own?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which watch do you own? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5927-watch-do-you-own-211.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_appasani (Post 4282484)
Thank you. Bought mine on CreationWatches.com. They unlisted my watch but they have another monster.

If you are keen on monster, grab one as soon as you find one.

Thanks for this Satish. I'm considering getting a Seiko Monster soon provided I get the caliber and colour I want.

Picked up this beauty a month or so back. I was looking for an affordable divers watch for my collection, which was yet to have one. After a fair bit of online research, it came down to a toss up between the Orient Ray II and the Orient Mako II, and of course the legendary Seiko SKX 009. Finally picked up the Mako because of its cleaner aesthetic and sporty looks. The Seiko lost out because it has neither hacking nor hand winding, and both are important for me, especially the hand winding bit. The Orients have been recently upgraded to a newer in house movement which offers hacking as well as hand winding. The bracelet is quite comfortable and solid, but plan to put this on a blue rubber strap at some point.

The blue sunburst dial on the Mako is a sight to behold when it catches a bit of sunlight. Has to be one of the most radiant blue dials that I have come across in the affordable watches segment. Overall build quality is pretty darn good and imparts a feeling of solidity when on the wrist. Enjoying my time with the Mako!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4282899)

The blue sunburst dial on the Mako is a sight to behold when it catches a bit of sunlight. Has to be one of the most radiant blue dials that I have come across in the affordable watches segment. Overall build quality is pretty darn good and imparts a feeling of solidity when on the wrist. Enjoying my time with the Mako!

Lovely instrument, Congratulations. :thumbs up
I am looking for the exact one, but cannot find it in orient india website. Can You help me with the shop where You got this from? And if possible, share the price also please.

Posting pics of some of my watches. Will try to post more later.

Presently, own about 30 watches collected over a long period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 4282988)
Lovely instrument, Congratulations. :thumbs up
I am looking for the exact one, but cannot find it in orient india website. Can You help me with the shop where You got this from? And if possible, share the price also please.

I bought this in Europe when I was there a couple of months back. However, it is now available on Amazon India where you can pick it up for around INR 15K or so. Slightly more expensive here, but its sold on the Amazon Global site and therefore includes customs duties etc. From my experience with the watch, I would say its worth the price!

Orient India has an extremely limited collection, and some of the best models are either not available, or priced quite a bit higher than the global prices for the same models.

Here is the Amazon India link:
https://www.amazon.in/Orient-Japanes...orient+mako+ii

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4283531)
I bought this in Europe when I was there a couple of months back. However, it is now available on Amazon India where you can pick it up for around INR 15K or so. Slightly more expensive here, but its sold on the Amazon Global site and therefore includes customs duties etc. From my experience with the watch, I would say its worth the price!

Thank You so much. :thumbs up
I was a little apprehensive looking at the orient india website; glad to know its retailing on amazon. Will dive into this right away.

A few more :

1. Traser H3 : The periphery of the dial, near the indices and the hands are embedded with Tritium filled gas tubes. ( You can see them in the attached picture. ) Tritium, H3, is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen which emits radioactive rays . These rays excite the luminescent coating on the inside of these gas tubes, which then luminesce. As the half life of Tritium is more than 20 years, the luminescence also lasts more than 20 years. Even after 20 years, the luminescence will diminish, not vanish altogether. There is no necessity of incident light falling on the dial as is the case with luminova or superluminova paint coatings only. So, the time can be deciphered even if the watch is in the dark for many hours ( like 20 years )😊. The radioactivity is very less. Even in the case of accidental breakage of all tubes, the radioactivity that will escape is less than what one is exposed to in a day out in the sunlight.

2. TX : A perpetual calendar, a premium brand of Timex, now defunct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider (Post 4283175)
Posting pics of some of my watches. Will try to post more later.

Presently, own about 30 watches collected over a long period.

That Timex is super-cool!
Can we have the model number, please? :)

Timex withdrew their TX premium brand as I mentioned above. So, you probably won't get it now. It was ordered from their U.S. website a few years back. It has a chamfered case which is not distinguishable in the pic. The dial is smaller and the case tapers out towards the bottom. i.e. the diameter at the upper edge is smaller than the diameter at the bottom edge of the case.

Looks fabulous !!! Is one of my regularly worn watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yash1229 (Post 4287905)

Are you asking the Timex model no. or the TX model no. ? I thought you wanted the TX model no. which was also a Timex owned brand, but then saw your quote from my earlier post. Will try to send you the Timex perpetual calendar number tomorrow :thumbs up.

Which is worth to buy among these:
Tissot PRS516 - 36K.
Seiko Presage - 44K.
Any other automatics in this price range?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yash1229 (Post 4287905)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider (Post 4288047)
Are you asking the Timex model no. or the TX model no. ? I thought you wanted the TX model no. which was also a Timex owned brand, but then saw your quote from my earlier post. Will try to send you the Timex perpetual calendar number tomorrow :thumbs up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TX-T3B771-M.../dp/B001XCVJQI -- TX T3B771 Multifunctional Perpetual Calendar Bracelet Watch With White Dial Sculpted Dial and Blue Accents

is this the same one that you have RedRaider?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 4288528)
Which is worth to buy among these:
Tissot PRS516 - 36K.
Seiko Presage - 44K.
Any other automatics in this price range?

The Tissot PRS516 @36k won't be an automatic movement one. It'll be quartz. The automatic is over 45 I think. Check ethos watches dot com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aston Singh (Post 4288551)
The Tissot PRS516 @36k won't be an automatic movement one. It'll be quartz. The automatic is over 45 I think. Check ethos watches dot com

It is Automatic. Got a call from Ethos, they are offering for 33K

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 4288564)
It is Automatic. Got a call from Ethos, they are offering for 33K

Oh okay. I thought it was a chronograph automatic. My bad.
And yes 10% on Tissot is what they usually give.