Team-BHP - Which watch do you own?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which watch do you own? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5927-watch-do-you-own-219.html)

Lovely choice and a very beautiful watch. The colour is so royal and the contrast just kills everything. Enjoy your new companion. Sieko 5's are built to last.

How reliable is creationwatches.com ? And when they dispatch by DHL Express, what about the customs duty ?

Does DHL collect the customs duty paid at the time of delivery ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider (Post 4340728)
How reliable is creationwatches.com ? And when they dispatch by DHL Express, what about the customs duty ?

Does DHL collect the customs duty paid at the time of delivery ?

Creation Watches are generally reliable and sell genuine products. the customs duty is to be paid by you, and while I do not have first hand experience of this, there are other member who have commented (earlier on this thread) on the same. I do believe DHL will collect the customs costs from you at the time of delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4340957)
Creation Watches are generally reliable and sell genuine products. the customs duty is to be paid by you, and while I do not have first hand experience of this, there are other member who have commented (earlier on this thread) on the same. I do believe DHL will collect the customs costs from you at the time of delivery.

Thank you.

On a side note, my Orient is keeping perfect time for more than a month now, variation of only a few seconds, whereas the Seiko falls behind about 5 minutes a month.

I am a big G-Shock fan. I used to own many G-Shocks in the past. These are my current possessions.

My all-time favourite G-Shock (G619).

Which watch do you own?-g2.jpg

Bought this recently (Oct2017). G-Shock (G435)

Which watch do you own?-g.jpg

Casio SGW-450H-1ACF twin Sensor watch with Altimeter, Barometer and Thermometer. An amazing companion for my treks and travels in the Himalayas.

Which watch do you own?-cas1.jpg

Just Recently one of my UK-based friends gifted me this Festina Watch. I didn't know much about Festina watches. As per Festina official website, Festina group comprises five brands of watches: Festina, Lotus, Jaguar, Candino and Calypso, and two brands of jewellery: Lotus Style and Lotus Silver.

Which watch do you own?-fest.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider (Post 4340974)
Thank you.

On a side note, my Orient is keeping perfect time for more than a month now, variation of only a few seconds, whereas the Seiko falls behind about 5 minutes a month.

Yup my Orient Bambino and Mako are also keeping great time. The Bambino is my daily wearer to office, while the Mako is a weekend watch. While I haven't really measured the accuracy, I can see that the Orients keep great time. That said, my Seikos also keep similarly good time. 5 minutes in a month is actually well within the specified tolerances for the lower end Seiko movements (7S26 or 4R36 etc), roughly losing about 10 seconds a day. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Cant beat them Japs for value for money!

Can someone recommend a decent watch case/watch holder to store about 3-4 watches?
The watches are about more than 5yrs old(1 is a Casio Edifice,another some unknown brand) & have started to rust, i do not know what to do with them apart from perhaps giving it to a roadside watch shop for cleaning/polishing!

@PPS - Search on amazon dot in. There are many cases available for a price starting from 600 Rupees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 4342167)
Can someone recommend a decent watch case/watch holder to store about 3-4 watches?
The watches are about more than 5yrs old(1 is a Casio Edifice,another some unknown brand) & have started to rust, i do not know what to do with them apart from perhaps giving it to a roadside watch shop for cleaning/polishing!

This is what I ordered from Amazon and they are of really good quality

Fico Brown Watch case For 12 Watches https://www.amazon.in/dp/B014G4DV9M/..._oYP2txLjuokrw

I thought I'd lost this somewhere on the road many months ago.... my daily wear at that time...

Which watch do you own?-img_20180119_20534401.jpeg

Rather unusual vintage Citizen Automatic with PVD case, gold-tone outer bezel/hands/figures/recessed crown, and a second crown at 10 o'clock which motivates a rotating inner ring (purportedly for daily timing duties, but I mostly just like spinning it round and round when feeling fidgety).

Around 40mm case... Certainly unique, only wish it had some lume...

Which watch do you own?-img_20180119_19474001.jpeg

Put on my overalls after a long while today, and happily found this in the pocket!

I think I paid somewhere around rs200 for this one, and while it wouldn't have been a big financial loss, it would not likely have been replaceable.

-Eric

Seems that Omega have fixed on Omega Speedmaster Pro (1974 vintage) My son gave it in on 30 June and was informed earlier this week that it is fixed. Thanks to SS_traveller who told me of the Omega Service Centre in Delhi. Our son will inspect it and then collect. Damages (a lot) are about 70k.

Which watches do I own is different from what I wear. Ownership - a Rolex, a Longines, a Armani - gifts not purchases. Wear - none; done away with wearing watches a long time ago. My wife on the other hand has about 15 watches - one for each occasion, each colour combination.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4344793)
Which watches do I own is different from what I wear. Ownership - a Rolex, a Longines, a Armani - gifts not purchases. Wear - none; done away with wearing watches a long time ago.

If you ever plan any giveaway of those watches, do let me know. lol:

Anybody used or know about this brand of watches called Vordich, their designs are kickass and their prices are tempting, looking to order one today. Please do share if anyone has experience with the brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 4344819)
If you ever plan any giveaway of those watches, do let me know. lol:

Tejas dikra, you're a man after my own heart. I will keep your request in mind.:)