Team-BHP - Which watch do you own?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which watch do you own? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5927-watch-do-you-own-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naparajito (Post 2894087)
We've got some of the rarest pieces which are present on the earth today. I've two uncles, both of them are antique watch collectors. One of them gifted me one of these, when i passed my 10th exams with good marks :)

http://titanworld.com/in/watches/products/?id=306

Any chance that we get to see some of them on this thread (the collection of watches, not necessarily the collectors... :p )?

The Octane is really a very good but under-rated watch. They're chunky and durable, and I like them. Picked up one some years ago, will post up a pic sometime.

This is my tissot touch

Which watch do you own?-photo.jpg

-Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by v&v (Post 2894300)
Thanks Robimahanta and yes its really good watch in black and steel combination. Wished the dial around 48mm then it would have been prefect.
Didn't search online but enquired at Ethos and got feedback.

Well somehow I don't like watches beyond 43mm.

Anything above 45mm is really saying: “Look at me -- I’m so uninteresting that I have to strap a train clock to my wrist to get attention.”
[COLOR=#000000]
Read more: http://www.askmen.com/fashion/mens-w...#ixzz25fRhgKHV
[/COLOR]

Guys, any idea how much would a leather strap (like the ones pictured below) of Titan Edge cost? I have a Seiko dress watch and need to change the strap. As the dial is thin and almost similar to those of Edge, am thinking of going for it. The colour would be brown with a little bit of design on it.

Pics - courtesy Titan website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SankalpDesai (Post 2894682)
Guys, any idea how much would a leather strap (like the ones pictured below) of Titan Edge cost? I have a Seiko dress watch and need to change the strap. As the dial is thin and almost similar to those of Edge, am thinking of going for it. The colour would be brown with a little bit of design on it.

Pics - courtesy Titan website.

Should not be more than 500 bucks. For all my HMTs, I use Titan crocs and the maximum I've paid is 450 bucks. You may get some for more than that though I'm not sure.

My latest acquisitions:

HMT Pilot
Which watch do you own?-hmt-pilot-bd-2012-2.jpg

HMT Janta
Which watch do you own?-img_20120906_143755.jpg

I am planning to visit HMT house near Mekhri circle on this saturday. How is their collection/price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2894882)
I am planning to visit HMT house near Mekhri circle on this saturday. How is their collection/price?

You will get in hand winds -
Akash
Pilot
Janata
Jhalak
Sona
Kanchan
Jayanth
Amitabh
Kohinoor

In Automatics -
NASS -02,03,04
ADSL -02, 04

Plenty of quartz watches but I get the feeling you are not interested in them.

Do give your name and contact number to them in case you don't find the model you are looking for. They will get back to you.

^^
It was your posts here and other forum made me think about getting HMT:D.

Thanks for the list and yes I am not a fan of Quartz also leather/PU straps.

Very tight on budget, hope HMT wont burn a hole in my pocket.

- I have an old cheap ORIENT hand wind watch - Which needs total restoration including strap/case plating. Is it possible in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh
^^
It was your posts here and other forum made me think about getting HMT:D.

Thanks for the list and yes I am not a fan of Quartz also leather/PU straps.

If you are planing to visit this Saturday don't bother as they will be closed on second Saturday's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2894944)
^^

You can't get more bang for your buck anywhere than HMT. I purchased Pilot for Rs.786 and Janta for Rs.744 which have reliable mechanical movements (in use since '60s), can anyone (a watch company) beat that?

Infact, I wanted to buy an automatic (ADSL series) too but the Delhi showroom didn't have even a single piece of ANY automatic in stock! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2894944)

- I have an old cheap ORIENT hand wind watch - Which needs total restoration including strap/case plating. Is it possible in Bangalore?

Not at all. Mechanical range starts from INR 750 and goes upto INR 1200 I think. Some premium models are above that. Automatics starts from 2K. Pretty reliable and accurate for the price you pay, in fact for many times the price.

On the ORIENT, yes it can be done. Please check my earlier posts of yesterday and you will find the details of the shops I go to. You can even give to Zimsons or Rodeo drive but they will be slightly expensive.

Puneet, nice pics again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puneet.S (Post 2894836)
My latest acquisitions:

The two classics from HMT! Many congratulations.
Are they readily available at HMT stores?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVH (Post 2895018)
Puneet, nice pics again.

Thanks JVH!

Quote:

Originally Posted by C300 (Post 2895132)
The two classics from HMT! Many congratulations.
Are they readily available at HMT stores?

Thank you! They should be available without much waiting. Though the Pilot i bought was Delhi showroom's last piece - they expect more stock in 2 weeks time (I hope to buy an automatic or two when that happens).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puneet.S (Post 2895541)
Thank you! They should be available without much waiting. Though the Pilot i bought was Delhi showroom's last piece - they expect more stock in 2 weeks time (I hope to buy an automatic or two when that happens).

Thanks for the info.
As per HMT website, they have recently launched the NASS automatic which looks good. The price is Rs 2200 which IMO is unbelievable VFM for a mechanical Automatic.