Team-BHP - Which watch do you own?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which watch do you own? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5927-watch-do-you-own-60.html)

try Global Shopping: Buy from International Stores like Amazon, Victoria to avoid extra cost - they get it to you for a commission.

NOTE: I don't know how they do it - and don't take up the option if it is illegal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2293966)
Heera Panna has some very convincing fakes in told. Tell your friend to check there.

I thought Heera Panna has been closed since months now. Last time when I was in Mumbai. the main entrance of HP was closed as if its gone for good.

Got two watches this weekend. So now, 6 watches in my kitty. :D

1. Maxima
2. Two Fossil steel chronos
3. Fossil steel chrono automatic
4. Esprit steel

Now, in the hunt for a Tommy. stupid:

Hi fellow watchers :D

I have,
1.) Swiss army XLT Chrono summit
2.) Seiko Kinetic 2001, 50M
3.) Swatch Irony
4.) Casio Twin Sensor
5.) Timex Dual Time (my first watch from my first salary)
6.) West End (1959) Split seconds

Cheers

For me,

Casio Protrek - 10bars
Casio G-Shock
Swatch Chrono - 100m
Seiko Chrono - 100m
Tissot Classic 1853

Salut

added to my collection

EF-540D-1AV

Which watch do you own?-ef540d1av_l-medium.jpg

a couple of 8 year old g-shocks.
A couple of timex expeditions which i got in exchange for a tissot i was given(didnt trust myself to be able to take care of such an expensive watch)
a chinese wind-up cartier,for all of 100 RMB, which is surprisingly sturdy(:))
And this, "beinghuman" watch, from my wife.

slightly OT but on a recent trip abroad I observed a very good number of superbly kept genuine pre-owned Omegas, Rolexes, IWC, Panerai, Patek Philippe etc. Very good condition indeed.
Extremely reasonable prices - complete history of ownership, papers, original packaging etc. Sold to consumers with a proper invoice and warranty from the re-selling jeweller. And these Jewellers are very well respected with world wide renown.
Considering that some of the examples I saw were about 50% of the price of a new one of the same kind, it looks an extremely viable proposition - especially since these examples were for the most part, between 2 and 3 years old!

@nick17- i was contemplating earlier buying the same watch. Can you post a pick of the watch on your wrist?

@harry: just clicked, from my e63 camera, apologies for the BQ images

overall its a nice watch :)

Which watch do you own?-01042011-medium.jpg

Which watch do you own?-01042011001-medium.jpg

Which watch do you own?-01042011002-medium.jpg

It's raining edifices here. Great looking watch and now even i am tempted to buy one:D

What's the price Nick?

It would be appreciated when price info is also shared along with pictures

@mobike: thank you..its a gift from my wife, the price was around 7K after SBI Card discount...

OT
Anybody know where I can get my Swatch serviced in Chennai?
The problem is, the seconds hand works, but no movement in others.

If I remember right, there's a Swatch showroom in Spencer Plaza. They might be able to point you to an authorised service centre for Swatch.

You can also try Helvetica (in Spencers too), Zimson or Doshi; they also have a good reputation.

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 2305978)
OT
Anybody know where I can get my Swatch serviced in Chennai?
The problem is, the seconds hand works, but no movement in others.

There is a dedicated Swatch show room, next to a Titan Showroom, in Spencer's Plaza. I'm not sure whether they take up watches for servicing, but you can try there.