Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2018, 19:09   #6466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

This was my frist encounter with error 503. This popped up at SHIFTING GEARS section.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20180123163625.png

Last edited by SJM1214 : 23rd January 2018 at 19:15. Reason: Minor Change
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 17:19   #6467
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry about the stupid backend fetch error, guys! Have told E2E Networks to look into it and - among other things - they are recommending a hardware upgrade. Please cope up with this annoyance for a little more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I usually click on "New Posts" every day, and sometimes I see an interesting looking topic and open it, only to find that the post was created a few years ago and is really no longer relevant (or in some cases even valid because things have changed) in spite of its having new posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Exact my scenario and the reason to raise this up here. Sad to hear its not getting approved
Solutions:

1. Click on 'new topics' only .

2. Tip: Take your mouse over the thread title and check the thread number in the url. If it's 190,000 or over, that's a fairly recent thread. On the other hand, if it's 50,000 (as an example), that's an old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I also find it difficult to search for terms that are less than 4 characters long. For instance, I have been unable to search for "TSI".
Please refer to our announcement on searching through Team-BHP - link.
Old 25th January 2018, 14:44   #6468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*SNIP*
Solutions:

1. Click on 'new topics' only .

2. Tip: Take your mouse over the thread title and check the thread number in the url. If it's 190,000 or over, that's a fairly recent thread. On the other hand, if it's 50,000 (as an example), that's an old thread. *SNIP*
I am afraid your first suggestion does not help, GTO. I am interested in new posts in existing threads (say the Isuzu truck not delivered, or Bangalore-Chennai route queries, or Jetta threads etc.), not just new threads (topics).

My issue is that (with your second suggestion) not all archaic threads have so many posts. I cannot give examples off the top of my head, but I had indeed come across threads that have relatively few posts, but were started long ago, and had one new post since I last logged in; and since I search for "New Posts", this old thread pops up.

OK, what really is the issue with enabling the "Thread started on..." feature? I see it in many other forums operating on vBulletin. I can give you screenshots if you wish. VWvortex for example, under each thread mentions the OP who started the thread and the date the thread was started.

Cheers

Last edited by tilt : 25th January 2018 at 14:45. Reason: Added reference to VWVortex
Old 30th January 2018, 12:56   #6469
Senior - BHPian

Two suggestions: They are almost like bugs I guess.

1. Skins

When I log into the forum from my phone (browser, not the app), the normal skins don't work, and I have to select the mobile phone skin. The skin works great, by the way.

Now, when I log into the site from my laptop, the same skin is applied, and that really screws things up. If I select some other skin, like the "Forum Default" too, it's only optimized for a desktop/laptop, and it is unusable on a mobile device.

What is really needed is a mode called "Auto" which will detect the client device and use an appropriate skin.

2. Search

The mobile skin does not have an option to list search results as individual posts. This means if I am searching for all the posts of a member through the search panel, I can only see the threads in which the member has posted, but can't access the specific posts. This is a major discrepancy with the mobile skin.

Can these two issues be fixed?
Old 6th February 2018, 08:51   #6470
BHPian

Hi Mods!
My suggestion is that, the forum can trim it's members, by eliminating "Newbies" who joined long time back, maybe over 5 years, logged in for a couple of weeks, and then just left. It may reduce the number of total members, but I guess this is one of the very few forums which prefers qualitative output.
I am just sharing a screenshot of the 1st pg of the Members page, in which one can immediately identify, members who have NOT logged in post 2 weeks of activity, dating as back as 2008.
Looking forward to the opinion of other members.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screen-shot-20180206-8.46.15-am.png  

Old 6th February 2018, 10:15   #6471
BHPian

What annoys me the most is that you can’t search if the search term is 2 letters only. Very frustrating. How am I supposed to search for words like Polo/BMW “GT”, Moto “GP” and so on..? Please increase it to atleast 3 letters.
Old 7th February 2018, 04:20   #6472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sorry about the stupid backend fetch error, guys! Have told E2E Networks to look into it and - among other things - they are recommending a hardware upgrade. Please cope up with this annoyance for a little more time.
I guess the last week's downtime for SSD upgrade was for this reason. Sorry but the Backend Fetch error appeared again. And this time it stayed for more than 3 minutes. I am attaching only the first and last screenshots, but I can provide more if needed.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20180207025652.png

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20180207030002.png

Last edited by Leoshashi : 7th February 2018 at 04:21.
Old 11th February 2018, 10:05   #6473
Senior - BHPian

Why is it I am seeing this thread in this manner?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-rants_on_bangalore_s_traffic_situation__page_1029__teambhp__20180211_10.00.31.png

See the screen grab below the uploaded video . I am seeing this only in this thread and no other thread.

Edit : Apologies for the bad screen grab.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 11th February 2018 at 10:08.
Old 19th February 2018, 15:14   #6474
BHPian

EV news are increasing everyday with more and more posts coming up. Can we have a dedicated sub-section in Indian car scene for this? Currently its difficult to search existing threads on these topics.
Old 13th March 2018, 15:16   #6475
BHPian

Is it possible to have an option to be able to view all the subsequent messages where a particular message, or part of it, has been quoted while providing responses?

Currently, it's possible to find the question for which an answer has been provided. However, one has to sift through the entire thread to find responses to a query that may been asked to find the responses to it.
Old 13th March 2018, 23:45   #6476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Is it possible to have an option to be able to view all the subsequent messages where a particular message, or part of it, has been quoted while providing responses?
Like a threaded view of the thread?
Old 28th March 2018, 18:30   #6477
Distinguished - BHPian

Am facing a weird issue, when i login to Team Bhp using my JIOFI.

From both my laptops, most of the time i login to Team Bhp, it gets automatically logged out in 2-3 minutes. I tried with Vodafone wifi on the same laptops, it just worked fine.
But with Jiofi i do not face this issue for any other websites like gmail or yahoo or Facebook.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Edit : I use Google chrome & internet explorer. Facing the problem in both the browsers.

Last edited by Samba : 28th March 2018 at 18:53.
Old 28th March 2018, 18:52   #6478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
From both my laptops, most of the time i login to Team Bhp, it gets automatically logged out in 2-3 minutes.
Could be that Jio has a proxy in-between and that is munging the cookies/session data. Try using HTTPS with team-bhp.com which works just fine.
Old 31st March 2018, 12:01   #6479
BANNED

Whenever I check site through mobile browser using my login, I get only 'new posts' option while if I check the site without my login, I get option of 'today's posts'.
Is there any way to get 'today's posts' option after logging in too? I understand that it's something must have done for efficiency but I like browsing through entire day's posts instead of just new topics.
Is there any option to enable or disable it?
Apologies if it's silly question but gone through FAQ and couldn't find it. I am still getting myself familiar with all options.
Old 31st March 2018, 15:23   #6480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer 26 View Post
Is there any way to get 'today's posts' option after logging in too?
select the team-bhp tab in your mobile browser and select, 'request desktop view'. The page will automatically refresh and you will get the regular desktop version which has 'Today's Posts'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks