Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 14:33   #6616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If a person has made 1 post, and that post has received 46 thanks, then the total number of thanks that person has received has to be 46, no?

Attachment 1802258
No. I think there's some "back-end " thanking also fine, for reporting a post(?).
Old 26th September 2018, 15:59   #6617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If a person has made 1 post, and that post has received 46 thanks, then the total number of thanks that person has received has to be 46, no?

Attachment 1802258
Maybe a deleted post which was thanked. AFAIK, thank count wont decrease though the posts are deleted.
Old 27th September 2018, 18:57   #6618
Senior - BHPian

Our backend guru seems to be in an extended but intermittent meditation today. Been getting this screen at frequent intervals since this evening. Have seen it at least half a dozen times in a span of 2-3 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20180927184948318_com.chrome.beta.png  

Old 27th September 2018, 19:54   #6619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Our backend guru seems to be in an extended but intermittent meditation today. Been getting this screen at frequent intervals since this evening. Have seen it at least half a dozen times in a span of 2-3 hours.
Managed to get out of this error after multiple 'Refresh'

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Maybe a deleted post which was thanked.
If a post is worthy to be thanked, why was that deleted?
Old 27th September 2018, 20:08   #6620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Managed to get out of this error after multiple 'Refresh'
I am used to seeing this error at 4.00AM regularly. Otherwise, have encountered it only occasionally. Today was different. It kept haunting me; at various time points and across different browsers too. Hope it will be exorcised soon .
Old 28th September 2018, 23:40   #6621
BHPian

Do team bhp have a YouTube channel ?

I really wish to see something similar for team bhp reviews .

https://www.youtube.com/user/TTACVideo
Old 29th September 2018, 08:06   #6622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cijo View Post
Do team bhp have a YouTube channel?
I really wish to see something similar for team bhp reviews.
This is a commonly expressed sentiment, and one for which GTO had previously given this explanation as to why there aren't official videos for the reviews:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The observations + pictures alone fill our time up with the car pretty quickly. It'll be impossible to squeeze a high-quality video into the current system. I'd prefer to focus on text + pictures for now; there are many high-quality videos online, but no one covers a car quite like we do in text + images.
I'm just one user, but I agree with GTO. On the wider internet, I might be in the minority, but I do prefer the written word & pictures for anything that isn't dynamic/in motion (i.e. anything that doesn't require animation or a video). It might not be as effort-free as sitting back and watching a video, but I do find that the reward of reading a review is greater (there's always a little titbit of information waiting to be uncovered).

Also, the information density of video reviews is quite low - if you see typical reviews of Indian cars, even if the videos run for 5-8 minutes, the points they cover can be distilled down to just a few lines, the rest is B-roll, tracking shots, etc. To make a video that is as in-depth as TBHP's official reviews would require a runtime of 30-60 minutes, which would mean easily an order of magnitude (or two) more of prep work behind the scenes.

That said, to hear the roar of an engine during a fast run is always a thrilling experience But that's what we've got karan561's video reviews for!

Last edited by arunphilip : 29th September 2018 at 08:12.
Old 29th September 2018, 08:16   #6623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I'm just one user, but I agree with GTO. On the wider internet, I might be in the minority, but I do prefer the written word & pictures for anything that isn't dynamic/in motion.

That said, to hear the roar of an engine during a fast run is always a thrilling experience!
One more user here. Love the written reviews. These are also easier to search, quote and comment on. Not to mention the lesser bandwidth requirement.

But one thing our reviews could do with, are short video/audio clips of relevant features. Eg. Engine noise, in-cabin NVH, exhaust sound, workings of moving parts, etc. These should not add to the prep work and can very well done on a smartphone.
Old 29th September 2018, 09:07   #6624
BHPian

Suggestion / Desires:

1. We could have a parked thread on any of the Team-BHP forums, (maybe in the Indian Car Scene), which serves as an Archive of all Recalls made by Indian manufacturers in the past, so that members ( and visitors ) in general have credible information regarding the same.
It's true that many manufacturers do directly call up the car owners affected by the recall, but this thread could work like a one-stop measure.

2. Kind of wishful thinking, but I often wish that we could have filters in the post, working like hashtags, which the members are allowed to tag their post, from a pre-defined set of options. It could make traversing the threads easier, especially the Official Review threads, which then become a pseudo Owner's Manual for that car.

Example of Tags : Grievance, Discovery, Query, Advice, Tinkering, etc.

3. This one is absolute utopian desire:
We follow this really interesting concept of Quoting back earlier posts, for adding context. I really wished if we had a forward linking concept too. It could help reduce traversal times on the forum.

Example : If someone posted a query on Pg 2 of a thread, but it was later quoted back in Pg 5 with a response, the post on Pg 2 would provide a direct link to the Pg 5 response also.

Cheers.

Last edited by sharktale : 29th September 2018 at 09:08. Reason: spacing
Old 29th September 2018, 14:51   #6625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I'm just one user, but I agree with GTO. On the wider internet, I might be in the minority, but I do prefer the written word & pictures for anything that isn't dynamic/in motion (i.e. anything that doesn't require animation or a video). It might not be as effort-free as sitting back and watching a video, but I do find that the reward of reading a review is greater (there's always a little titbit of information waiting to be uncovered).
Add me to the list. I spend plenty of time watching stuff on youtube, but when it comes to the forum, I prefer to stick with the written word and still photographs. Video interrupts that flow. In some ways, I regret that dash cams have given rise to a huge increase in videos posted here. But... in other ways, ie when they are short and to the point, I don't. There really is no better way, for instance, to show a few seconds of madcap suicidal driving: words couldn't describe it.

And while I'm on a technology rant ...

Screen prints. Error codes, courier tracking, etc etc etc. All that kind of stuff. Makes me want to shout out "I believe you, for god's sake! On this one, I do not need a picture!

Last edited by Samurai : 29th September 2018 at 16:03. Reason: 4 smileys
Old 4th October 2018, 14:17   #6626
BHPian

Can we have few of the following:

1. Announcement box for what HOT is coming as next Review with expected waiting days. (say top-left corner of LATEST portion).

2. Trackers for fuel price, sales figures, price, fatal-accidents etc (drop down for selection)

Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 18:52   #6627
Senior - BHPian

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20181005184519474.jpeg

How is that the bhpian posted a post but the No. of Posts is Zero?
This post has been posted more than 48 hrs ago. But the Counter has not recorded the post count.
Old 5th October 2018, 19:44   #6628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
How is that the bhpian posted a post but the No. of Posts is Zero?
Simple.

Since the oil being referred to here is of the cooking variety ( ), the thread is placed in the Shifting Gears section: anything posted here isn't added to members' post count.

One can say that these are countless and thankless posts .
Old 5th October 2018, 19:53   #6629
BHPian

We all wait for the official review here of a latest released car in Indian market which always happens irrespective of the manufacturer providing the car or not

My suggestion is if you can take us back in time and officially review - with all details like for a latest car - an old car which is not in sale now or which were released before the official reviews of TBHP went live. Examples would be M800, Esteem, Swift 1st generation, Sumo, Qualis, etc. I understand getting these cars for review will be quite tough but I'm also sure that many of us own these old cars and would be happy to provide them for a review.

There are few reviews of old cars by members but an official review will still be the best IMHO.
Old 9th October 2018, 13:30   #6630
BHPian

Just thinking, TBHP can have a section called dealer rating where there can be city wise, brand wise filtering. People can evaluate and rate the dealers. Something like a zomato for auto dealers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks