Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2019, 12:12   #6766
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

One suggestion regarding the official reviews. I see this statement in quite a few reviews -

Quote:
Back seat's width makes it better for 2 adults and a kid, rather than 3 adults
To me, this statement seems a bit misleading, since people come in all shapes and sizes. Maybe a general dimension of the adult can be mentioned alongside.

For example -

Quote:
Back seat's width makes it better for 2 adults and a kid, rather than 3 adults. (Adult being taller than 5.8 feet and heavier than 75 kgs)
Old 6th January 2020, 22:22   #6767
BHPian

I am not able to play embedded videos while using team bhp app in iPad using version 13.1.3. If I click on the video thumbnail the app simply closes abruptly. What could be the issue ?
Old 29th February 2020, 10:18   #6768
BHPian

Three suggestions for the "Classifieds" section

1. Many ads have photos that are wrong orientation. The person posting the ad just have to rotate the photo before posting them up - and that's not taken care of.
Like the one in the post below - 5 out of the 8 photos have wrong orientation.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ti/Gypsy.html/

Can this be nipped in the bud? Just bring down those photos.

I'm a person who uses my laptop to see bigger/better pictures. I cannot rotate my laptop screen (especially, when I'm browsing from office)

2. A comments section can be added to the classifieds-post - where only members can comment (of course, our own strict & much-needed Team-BHP posting rules should be adhered to).
This will help in getting some basic info which will be helpful for others who are also looking out - like say, for example, for the above Maruti-Gypsy post I can comment something like, "Hey, can you post some interior shots of the rear seats please?"

3. Lastly (not an important point though), posting the ad of the same car repeatedly should be stopped. I see a Red-Mahindra MM550 (with the same price tag ) being posted repeatedly by a dealer. If your car is not being sold, it is just that your pricing is really not right.

Cheers!

Last edited by callvvijay : 29th February 2020 at 10:20.
callvvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 10:44   #6769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
1. Many ads have photos that are wrong orientation. [...]
Can this be nipped in the bud? Just bring down those photos.
No need to bring down the photos; with some little coding (which might already be available as open source) this can be fixed. Basically use image Exif data to determine orientation, and use an image manipulation library to rotate.

Quote:
I'm a person who uses my laptop to see bigger/better pictures. I cannot rotate my laptop screen (especially, when I'm browsing from office)
In the mean time, if your browser is Chrome then you can use this extension to deal with these mis-oriented photos:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jjlgjhho?hl=en

Right click on the image > Open image in new tab > E or Q to rotate the image clockwise or anticlockwise.
Old 29th February 2020, 11:10   #6770
BHPian

Quote:

*SNIP*

2. A comments section can be added to the classifieds-post - where only members can comment (of course, our own strict & much-needed Team-BHP posting rules should be adhered to).
This will help in getting some basic info which will be helpful for others who are also looking out - like say, for example, for the above Maruti-Gypsy post I can comment something like, "Hey, can you post some interior shots of the rear seats please?"

*SNIP*

I too have wondered why classified ads do not have a comments section where members could have a conversation with the seller. This would remove the seller from having to respond to the same queries from multple people (eg.: asking for more pictures, asking for more details on mods etc., asking about specific problems faced by that make and model); and it would also help potential buyers who may not have the requisite experience or expertise to think of specific questions that other more knowledgeable people might think of asking.

Then I realised one thing - not all sellers are members; and therefore they would not be able to respond to any posts in the comment section. I do not know how this issue could be addressed.

Maybe comments could be enabled for those ads posted by members - they surely will be able to respond to the group rather than multiple individuals.

I do not know if TBHP gets any revenue from ads posted by non-members and/or dealers - if TBHP gets no revenue from these, maybe ads could be restricted to members only? After all, non-members and dealers have many other avenues to post ads; and all our members I am sure are familar with all those platforms and will certainly not restrict their search to TBHP alone.

Cheers

Last edited by Sheel : 29th February 2020 at 11:21. Reason: As requested.
Old 16th March 2020, 21:11   #6771
GTB
BHPian

Hello,

Quick links seem to be buggy. Sometimes it is displayed as a link and when you click on it is redirected to the same page. It supposed to show a popup with links. Recorded a video of the same, will post it if needed.

Also, when clicked on quick links or search or thread tools, the popup is always displayed for other links when hovered. this is how it is designed?
(I cannot upload the video for this one. I can E-Mail it if needed)

Thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by GTB : 16th March 2020 at 21:24.
GTB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 21:34   #6772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Quick links seem to be buggy. Sometimes it is displayed as a link and when you click on it is redirected to the same page. It supposed to show a popup with links. Recorded a video of the same, will post it if needed.
+1. Even, I am facing the same.

Also, some threads, especially 'CoronaVirus' thread, does NOT get marked read, even after you click the thread link. i.e. It remains marked unread. This would be a bug, and it happens for some other threads also.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 21:40   #6773
GTB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
+
Also, some threads, especially 'CoronaVirus' thread, does NOT get marked read, even after you click the thread link. i.e. It remains marked unread.
Yes, I did notice that as well. Maybe it is something to do with saving all your read-threads on the server. If it is based on your browser, the browser would automatically mark all your visited pages. After a while, you must see them marked read I believe.
Old 17th March 2020, 04:07   #6774
BHPian

How about creating YouTube content for Team-BHP channel. The content right now is too old & very few videos being uploaded off late. If we could have video reviews of new car launches to start with it would be great. Team-BHP reviews are something that many people look forward to, having video review as well puts across a few points much better than reading out those reviews.
Old 17th March 2020, 14:13   #6775
GTB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
How about creating YouTube content for Team-BHP channel.
I remember, One of the administrators has already answered this question/suggestion in some other Thread (maybe in one of the official reviews). As far as I remember, Team-Bhp prefers detailed-lengthy reviews than making video content.
Old 18th March 2020, 15:11   #6776
Senior - BHPian

Are we adding new sub-section in shifting gears?
Name:  NewSection.png
Views: 388
Size:  21.9 KB

Hope thanks button has been enabled in 'shifting gears' only due to Covid-19 situation. If yes, very thoughtful.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-thanks-button.png

EDIT: Saw the announcement (The "Thank You" Feature of Team-BHP) late.

Last edited by sukiwa : 18th March 2020 at 15:19. Reason: addition
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:15   #6777
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Quick links seem to be buggy. Sometimes it is displayed as a link and when you click on it is redirected to the same page. It supposed to show a popup with links.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
+1. Even, I am facing the same.
Just dropping a quick note to say this should be fixed now!
Old 23rd March 2020, 18:40   #6778
BHPian

In most reviews, I notice we are calling out cars which have ISOFIX seats. A suggestion - can we also talk of a) how easy or difficult it is to set up a child seat in the rear b) Impact on front seat position because of child seat being fitted and c) Pic of fitted child seat?

I am specifically talking of child seats because every time we visit India, I borrow a child seat from a relative and keep it ready for my son's use. However, for most travels, people are reluctant to use them citing how difficult it is to use or remove etc etc.

I personally have noticed that a lot of European cars have very clear slots for ISOFIX anchors, which make it very easy to fit child seats. However, in other cars, it seems to be hidden behind the cushion, making it fairly difficult to access, esp when dark.
prashanthyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 01:16   #6779
GTB
BHPian

Is it possible to save a post ( an informative post from a thread)?
It would be good to have all the helpful posts(from various threads) in one place.
Old 27th March 2020, 06:51   #6780
BHPian

Dear mods,

I recently felt our home page appeared cluttered with shining GIFs advertisements right at the center prime reading zone (in mobile website layout). Sometimes the GIFs look like real buttons and kind of confuses readers with forum links placed above the add zone.

A screenshot for reference.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-571a2f8f9ae641d3b799e3db9f730c37.jpeg

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 27th March 2020 at 07:06.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks