Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2020, 09:41   #6781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Can we have a new section " Trivia Of The Day " in the home page ? It can be updated with interesting facts on a particular car or a manufacturer or anything that entices interest. Also it could be about a long forgotten snippet of a landmark event or about a revolution that shaped the industry in a particular era etc

Example - the origin and backdrop of 3 point seat belt and its inventor or The Spirit of Ecstasy Story etc.

These interesting trivia must have been discussed in many threads sometime for sure. But to have all such things in one place would be really nice especially for the newer generation that's getting bitten by the automotive bug . It should have the repository like any other session where one can go back and access the previous trivia.

How would this be for a start ? Source: Wikipedia

"The Spirit of Ecstasy is the bonnet ornament sculpture on Rolls-Royce cars. It is in the form of a woman leaning forwards with her arms outstretched behind and above her. Billowing cloth runs from her arms to her back, resembling wings.

The Whisper, precursor to the Spirit of Ecstasy

The first Rolls-Royce motorcars did not feature radiator mascots; they simply carried the Rolls-Royce emblem. When Baron John Montagu commissioned his friend, sculptor Charles Robinson Sykes, who worked in London under the nobleman's patronage, to sculpt a personal mascot for the bonnet of his 1909 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, Sykes chose Eleanor Velasco Thornton as his model. Sykes originally crafted a figurine of her in fluttering robes, having placed one forefinger against her lips – to symbolize the secret of their love affair. The figurine was consequently named The Whisper and is on display at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu along with other Spirit of Ecstasy figurines.Only three or four castings were ever made, and only two are believed to have survived."

Team bhpians can contribute to this and Mods can select them and update on a daily basis.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 27th March 2020 at 09:43.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 11:44   #6782
Senior - BHPian

I think enabling the 'Thanks' button for the Shifting gears section was a bad idea. Shifting gears section sees a lot of politically inclined posts. It is difficult to avoid such posts in shifting gears section because the topics there are always related to government policies, locations, commodity prices etc. Posts in that section inflate the Thanks count pretty fast. Also, that section does not get added to a user's number of posts. So it leads to a disproportionate 'thanks to post' ratio. You cannot rely on a person's 'thanks to post' ratio to assess his credibility in automotive-related matters anymore.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 15:43   #6783
AZT
BHPian

Can we have a know your distinguished BHPian's thread for those willing to share. I think we will find many good vehicle and life stories.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 14:44   #6784
GTB
BHPian

After voting on a Poll, a text is displayed for the Logged-In User. This text is not readable, could the colour of the text be changed to white for better readability? I am on BHP Silver Theme.
Attached Images

Old 15th April 2020, 17:16   #6785
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys just wanted there is a security error being raised when we logon to teambhp saying that the connection is not secure.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200415194511_chrome.jpg
vibbs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 17:28   #6786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Hey guys just wanted there is a security error being raised when we logon to teambhp saying that the connection is not secure.
Just a hostname mismatch. The cert was issued for tt.team-bhp.com not www.team-bhp.com

Quote:
This server could not prove that it is www.team-bhp.com; its security certificate is from tt.team-bhp.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 19:09   #6787
GTB
BHPian

When I clicked on one of the most viewed articles, the image is not displayed properly/in its dedicated section.

P.S: I couldn't reproduce the bug again.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-mostviewed.png  

Old 15th April 2020, 19:21   #6788
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread, but can we upload multiple images though an android phone?
Old 15th April 2020, 19:36   #6789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
You cannot rely on a person's 'thanks to post' ratio to assess his credibility in automotive-related matters anymore.
Not a great way to assess a member's credibility in automotive-related matters on the forum tbh, since the 'Thanks' feature was introduced only in 2011. Old members must have written thousands of posts in the 7 years before that, so their number of posts will also be much higher than the number of thanks they've received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread, but can we upload multiple images though an android phone?
Screenshots attached:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1.png

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-2.png

Also, go through this thread (*NEW*: Improved attachment uploading on Team-BHP!).

Last edited by boniver : 15th April 2020 at 19:43.
boniver is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 19:56   #6790
BHPian

Thanks, but I am not able to upload multiple images nor am I getting an option to do so. Have attached a screenshot of what option I get. But clicking on that enables me to select only one image.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200415195552088.jpg  

Old 16th April 2020, 08:45   #6791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I am not able to upload multiple images nor am I getting an option to do so. Have attached a screenshot of what option I get. But clicking on that enables me to select only one image.
After clicking on Choose Files, go to your folder and long press on the first image to start selecting images. After that short tap to select multiple images.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 12:55   #6792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
After clicking on Choose Files, go to your folder and long press on the first image to start selecting images. After that short tap to select multiple images.
Tried that too but can select only one image.
Am I missing something or some issue with my phone or any settings ?
Old 16th April 2020, 14:01   #6793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tried that too but can select only one image.
Am I missing something or some issue with my phone or any settings ?
Same issue with me too. Tried the same steps mentioned in previous post.
Old 16th April 2020, 15:53   #6794
BHPian

Has Team-bhp ever considered moving to xenforo from vBulletin? One major reason I find is, xenforo looks a feels more modern with more refined functionality (for forum maintenance and admins). Another being, xenforo seems multi-fold more mobile-friendly to me. Also their pricing seems more straight forward. A lot cheaper initial license and support renewals are much much cheaper with no obligation to renew.

A good wysiwyg editor and a good mobile compatibility is all I need right now.
Old 16th April 2020, 16:30   #6795
BANNED

Quote:
Tried that too but can select only one image. Am I missing something or some issue with my phone or any settings ?
Any error being displayed when you try to select the second image to upload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Same issue with me too. Tried the same steps mentioned in previous post.
I'm able to attach 10 images from my mobile using Chrome. Can you clear cache and see if it helps.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200416162826.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200416162829.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200416162859.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks