Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2020, 19:08   #6811
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Is there a way to directly link the thread/post in an Instagram post. I know it isn't a big issue but wee bit painful to search for it on team bhp after seeing it on Instagram.

I keep seeing ads on Insta which directly link to the post but I am not sure if that feature is enabled only for ads.

This request is after the thread on the used A class which took a bit of time to search for.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 19:41   #6812
Distinguished - BHPian

There is something much easier than any email, and I'm sure we all do it anyway: open the site, logged in, and check subscribed/unread/new (according to choice and how much time one has) posts.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 11:20   #6813
BHPian

I do not know whether this is a case of my not knowing how to do this, or if the feature I am looking for is not available in this forum. If it is the latter, I request the admins to provide such a feature, if vBulletin has it available. Well...

I am trying to find a way where I can look at all my posts, and/or all threads started by me. I have seen a link in some other forums I am part of that just says somewhere - "My posts". I do not remember if it was under "Quick Links" or as a link under "User CP", but it was there.

On TBHP, there is no way I can quickly find my posts other than going to "Members List, "Search Members", typing my name, and clicking the "Find" button next to my name to find all my posts.

Like I said at the beginning, I do not know if this is a case of my not knowing how to operate this forum software or if this i a feature that is not available on TBHP.

Subscribing to threads I am afraid is not a solution, because there could be threads I am subscribed to where I have not necessarily participated - I might have subscribed just to keep track of what is going on.

Thank you and cheers

Last edited by tilt : 27th April 2020 at 11:23.
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 11:34   #6814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

I am trying to find a way where I can look at all my posts, and/or all threads started by me. I have seen a link in some other forums I am part of that just says somewhere - "My posts". I do not remember if it was under "Quick Links" or as a link under "User CP", but it was there.
This is fairly simple just click on your avatar and it will open your public profile. You will find 'all posts by tilt' and 'all threads by tilt'. Alternatively you can go to quick links to view your public profile.
PetrolheadRup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 11:39   #6815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolheadRup View Post
This is fairly simple just click on your avatar and it will open your public profile. You will find 'all posts by tilt' and 'all threads by tilt'. Alternatively you can go to quick links to view your public profile.
How do you go about searching your avatar? Actually finding your avatar is again not straight forward, not available readily anywhere. Whenever I have to find my posts, I go to Inbox, check any messages which has link to my any of the posts quoted and in that post click on the avatar, that is quite long process.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 11:42   #6816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
How do you go about searching your avatar? Actually finding your avatar is again not straight forward, not available readily anywhere. Whenever I have to find my posts, I go to Inbox, check any messages which has link to my any of the posts quoted and in that post click on the avatar, that is quite long process.

KK
That is why I have mentioned that you can go to quick links also (quick links is not shown in smartphone view though)
PetrolheadRup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 11:45   #6817
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
How do you go about searching your avatar?
What he means is, click either on the profile Avatar or handle name. In your case the "HakunaMatata" image beside your handle shall directly take you to your profile.

Or, click on the handle, a drop menu appears, you can go to your profile from there it else go to the list of all posts made and/or threads created by you.

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th April 2020 at 11:47.
Old 27th April 2020, 11:48   #6818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What he means is click either on the profile Avatar or handle name. In your case the "HakunaMatata" image beside your handle shall directly take you to your profile.

Or, click on the handle, a drop menu appears, you can go to your profile from there it else go to the list of all posts made and/or threads created by you.
Right, that I understood, but my question is how do go to the page of your profile name or profile pic, assuming you are currently in new posts tab.

Edit - I am asking for the mobile site. I guess even tilt's question is also same.

Quote:
That is why I have mentioned that you can go to quick links also (quick links is not shown in smartphone view though)
Yes, that's exactly the issue, I rarely check from the laptop, it's almost always from the mobile, so it's cumbersome to find the profile and posts.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 27th April 2020 at 11:57.
Old 27th April 2020, 13:56   #6819
BANNED

Quote:
Right, that I understood, but my question is how do go to the page of your profile name or profile pic, assuming you are currently in new posts tab.

Edit - I am asking for the mobile site. I guess even tilt's question is also same.
Apologies as I thought you were on desktop.

From the mobile skin, ask you can do is, go to USER CP and then jump to subscriptions. Can't think of any other way round to reach your profile.
Old 28th April 2020, 12:27   #6820
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*

*SNIP*
Er... no, my question was about the desktop browser mode; and my question was answered.
I do not use my mobile for anything other than phone calls and the occasional WhatsApp (only when I am not at my desktop, else even that is on the desktop).

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 01:04   #6821
BHPian

Hi All,

Is there a dark mode version of the website available for mobiles? I see that the desktop page has a 'BHP Black' mode, do we have something similar for mobiles?
srikanthmadhava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 04:05   #6822
Senior - BHPian

For the official reviews, can each post have a "Skip section" link at the very top? I never read the ICE reviews for example and it would be nice to able to skip that section with a single click instead of scrolling down.

Not a big issue but just a minor tweak for improved user experience.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 10:25   #6823
BHPian

This is not Carnival review!
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-carnival_aura.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 19th May 2020 at 10:57.
k_kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 12:36   #6824
BHPian

To the moderators,
Can we have a Seltos IVT short TBHP review once the things settle down?

Since this variant is a preferred choice for a lot of people but hardly any good and honest reviews are available for this variant.

Or rather the creta petrol IVT review since the new creta review is pending?
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 17:57   #6825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Can we get an option to edit the capitalization of our username?
Unlikely, but you can still give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post
Although if there are any plugins being installed, that needs to be taken care of and of course the theme.
Yes, there are tons. Quite frankly this isn't an idea we're entertaining at the moment, simply because its too massive a switch. Appreciate your offer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Do we have something like off-line reading?
On mobile, chrome has a "Download (arrow)" option if you click the [...] menu in the top right. Though that would be for the page (not full thread).

Quote:
1. I feel the entire T-BHP is more 4-wheeler centric.
Yes the majority of mentions is about us being a Car website, which is primarily what we are. Will keep your point in mind when re-working any of that "About Us" text, or writing new descriptions.

Quote:
2. The weekend update mails, could it be consolidated into one single mail instead of one for each thread? Every sunday, there is a series of emails from t-bhp on each thread I have participated.
Good point. Our emails notification system does need a major overhaul. It's on the list of things to be done, albeit not immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Is there a way to directly link the thread/post in an Instagram post.
Yes. You'll find the link in our bio.

www.team-bhp.com/instagram

That will show you ALL our instagram post images, and clicking any image will take you directly to that specific thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I keep seeing ads on Insta which directly link to the post but I am not sure if that feature is enabled only for ads.
Yes, this would be just ads.

For Stories, there is an option to "swipe up" to visit the link, and we shall be implementing that as soon as our Instagram account crosses 10k followers (this week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
Is there a dark mode version of the website available for mobiles?
This is one of the top requests for the Smartphone skin, and it's very close to the top of the list for the next round of updates. Unfortunately can't give you a timeline though.

A lot of new OSes now have dark mode which even changes the look of pages in the browser. Have you tried that as a stop-gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
For the official reviews, can each post have a "Skip section" link at the very top?
Interesting idea. However, not sure we'd want to have a "skip this" link at the start of every post.

Here's a workaround: CTRL+F (find in page) and search for #. That will take you to each new post (since the post number is mentioned with a # at the top right of each).

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_kumar View Post
This is not Carnival review!
That was fast. I see in the log that the title was updated within 1 minute of posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Can we have a Seltos IVT short TBHP review once the things settle down?
Will let GTO answer this one.

Thanks,
Rehaan.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th May 2020 at 17:59.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks