Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2020, 19:21   #6901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Is it possible to see a whole thread - ONLY, by the pictures in that thread?
Mods, I have a related query. Is it possible to view all posts of a thread in a single page?

Currently (by default) each page is limited to 15 posts. Is there any option to increase this post limit to say 50 or 100?
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 20:03   #6902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Currently (by default) each page is limited to 15 posts. Is there any option to increase this post limit to say 50 or 100?
It is available within the vB package. Indiamike has it. But, finding that it screws up some of the pointers, I went back to the default.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 17:41   #6903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
Also a nice feature to have will be if user can customize his homepage a little by having a few threads he wants pinned to a section of homepage.
Others have answered your first query.

As for the part quoted above, I suggest using thread subscriptions.

Then when you visit your UserCP - all those threads show up there.

As someone recently mentioned, you can change your default subscription mode to subscribe you to all threads you reply in (but never send you an email), and then automatically that list of stuff you're interested in & have replied to will keep growing, and will be visible to you every time you go to your UserCP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Today I noticed that underlined text and hyperlinked text both look the same. It would be nice for UX if there is some way of distinguishing between the two.
Dang, this is true. It's always been a fun guessing game for me, but I guess it is also a usability issue!

I've tried a few alternates, but nothing has looked good, and some alternatives (eg. coloured underline) had major browser compatibility issues. Will see if i can figure something out to resolve this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Can we have BABY ON BOARD suction placard for cars with a T-BHP twist on it?
Yes, it's definitely on the wish-list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
If it suits the Mods, can we change the text on the Tab to something more neutral like "Redlining the Automotive Scene" or "Definitive Indian Car Community" on the homepage too?
Actually for our Forum homepage it does say "The Definitive Indian Car Community". I think the fact that we are incredibly trusted is something important to mention, albeit i see your point of it being a self-attestation. There's also SEO concerns etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
So if I have to add a post to one my own threads, I have to search for that particular thread and then go about it.
To easily locate your own threads, you could click on your name (next to any post of yours) and select "Find all Threads"

Or you could bookmark this link : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/searc...&starteronly=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Can you make those pictures downloadable for BHPians?
If there's some specific ones you want, do request it here and I'll try:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post3431255 (Post your personal Wallpapers here.)

Also another related thread (Team-BHP Cover pages for Facebook! *Download HERE*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
I'm new here and as far I've searched I've found no thread for general discussion or a chatroom as such.
This is a suggestion that used to come up 5 times a month in the past (maybe 8-12 years ago), but interestingly not so much lately!

The fact is that with so many members, chat moves too fast, is too confusing, is too disorganized and is not archived / searchable for other member's information - hence we've never really been keen on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Is it possible to see a whole thread - ONLY, by the pictures in that thread?
If not, can it be made possible.
In addition to Adwaith's reply:

1) We will hopefully be offering a new solution for this soon

2) You can use our Photogallery. In the 'search' box, enter one or more keywords from the TITLE of the thread you want (that search box is basically a title search). Avoid <3 character words. The results will be all pictures from those threads! (Eg. if i search for "suggestions" i will get all the pictures from this thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Is it possible to view all posts of a thread in a single page?
We're hoping to have a solution for this as well, before the end of the year. Will make the browsing experience more seamless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is available within the vB package.
I think we disabled it, since it was messing with the page numbers and a few other things.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th August 2020 at 17:42.
Rehaan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 18:55   #6904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
This is a suggestion that used to come up 5 times a month in the past (maybe 8-12 years ago), but interestingly not so much lately!

The fact is that with so many members, chat moves too fast, is too confusing, is too disorganized and is not archived / searchable for other member's information - hence we've never really been keen on it.
Thanks for your reply. Would you please consider my request for general BHPian banter?

Thanks!
Old 28th August 2020, 14:02   #6905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Dang, this is true. It's always been a fun guessing game for me, but I guess it is also a usability issue!

I've tried a few alternates, but nothing has looked good, and some alternatives (eg. coloured underline) had major browser compatibility issues.
Generally, on the web underline indicates clickability. So you could just get rid of underline as a means of emphasis.

But if that is not feasible you could try one of three options:
  1. Different colour for links. Usual web approach; but tough to do given the multiple skins.
  2. Different font for links. Might look awkward, but worth trying. Best to use a fixed-width font then?
  3. Different background for links. Might be worse than #2 because this could produce readability issues.
All assuming we want to retain underlined text as-is. Combinations are also possible (eg: font+background, like Stack Overflow's code formatting).

A 4th option is the Wikipedia solution - collect all the links at the bottom of the page. If possible provide this as an option to the reader?
Old 29th August 2020, 09:08   #6906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
So you could just get rid of underline as a means of emphasis.
Instead of underline, *Bold* could be used for emphasis.
Old 29th August 2020, 17:10   #6907
Distinguished - BHPian

Underline is not really appropriate for emphasis in text: italics is the long-established tool for the job.

When we had this conversation on Indiamike some years ago, for some reason it was not possible to use the shade of blue that was once usual for links, we didn't like underline, and dashed underline was settled on as an acceptable compromise.

Name:  Screenshot at 20200829 170932.png
Views: 432
Size:  13.9 KB
Old 31st August 2020, 23:22   #6908
Distinguished - BHPian

Can we have the newsletter popup being asked only once for each user? Currently I have seen that pop-up come numerous times; not sure if it's a time-bound check that happens or it appears every-time I login into team-bhp.

Ideal (and good forum/web based) logic would dictate the question to be asked once and allow the user to check/un-check the option in settings later if s/he wants to change.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 23:29   #6909
Senior - BHPian

Dear mods/and developers?
Just curious - Is there any reason we don't have 1*, 2*, 3*, and 4* along with 5* in thread rating?
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-hiluxau.jpg
landcruiser123 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 11:44   #6910
Senior - BHPian

Suggestion: Team BHP membership ID card

Since Team BHP stickers are readily available for everyone, why not have Team BHP ID cards for members? From some time, I had this in mind that all Team BHP members should have an ID card.

The ID card is optional and can be sold online like other Team BHP merchandise.

Some of the details on the card can be name, Team BHP ID, date of birth and some other emergency details like Blood group, emergency contacts etc.

The card should have options for Team BHP logo like "Live to Drive" etc., and most of the information should be optional as well. Like some people may not want to have some personal details, so this can be omitted.

The details can be printed on solid plastic like a credit / debit card with embossed details to make it look elegant and can be reasonably priced on the website.

I have prepared a sample just for reference and computer experts / designers can prepare a proper one after approval from the appropriate persons.

Front (sample only):

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-slide1.jpg

Back (sample only):

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-slide2.jpg

I am sure this can be a hit.

Dear mods: Please merge into an existing thread if this thread does not deserve an independent discussion.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 5th September 2020 at 11:45.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 11:18   #6911
Distinguished - BHPian

One more request (and this is a realistic/serious one) - can we expand on the smiley list? In the Whatsapp age (yup, Kalyug is passe - we have moved on), the limited smiley palate on this forum feels so... err... old-school

If not all, maybe a few extra key ones. For example, one important smiley needed on this forum is the "facepalm" smiley - I seriously see a very relevant need for it atleast 20-30% of the daily posts
ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 20:55   #6912
Distinguished - BHPian

I especially need facepalm and Blush --- as I often make stupid-mistake statements! <BLUSH>
Old 9th September 2020, 00:23   #6913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Dear mods/and developers?
Just curious - Is there any reason we don't have 1*, 2*, 3*, and 4* along with 5* in thread rating?
Attachment 2050049
As far as I know there were instances of people voting 1 star due to rivalry issues rather than based on thread content. Thus, the lower ratings were removed. If the thread is fantastic you give it a 5 star rating else don’t give any.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 15:56   #6914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Thus, the lower ratings were removed.
Sorry to say but this defeats the purpose of thread ratings and is also misleading for non-members.

Why not just disable the rating system?

Last edited by self_driven : 9th September 2020 at 15:58.
Old 9th September 2020, 23:51   #6915
BHPian

Mods, it'd be awesome if the infractions disappear from the user CP after a certain amount of time has passed since they have expired. My infractions are now 5+ years old, but they still stare at me whenever I open the forum.

Thanks.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks