Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2021, 09:31   #7051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I think we need some changes in the way COTY is selected. This year's COTY was decided the moment the original poster announced his vote. I feel the poll was a bit biased by moderator votes and prevented the true picture from emerging. Could be prevented to an extend by my moderators choosing to vote and announce at the end of the poll and not in the beginning.
padmrajravi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 11:43   #7052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Like few recent posts here, i am noticing these Nexa advertisements quite frequently.

Attachment 2128653
Attachment 2128654
That is a dealer ad.

I believe Team-BHP blocks advertisements from carmaker websites from posting ads. But car manufacturers have found a workaround for this - by having dealer websites put up adverts on our website. Other than Citroen who’s official website put an ad (I reported it some posts above), manufacturers like Volvo & Renault were using dealer websites to post ads that were same as the ones on their official websites.

This problem needs to be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Ads are personalized by google based on what you've been doing around the web (not on team-bhp), like I see completely different stuff, nothing related to cars often.
What you said is true, but Team-BHP has specifically blocked carmaker websites from posting ads through Google.

So, https://www.marutisuzuki.com/ would not be able to post an ad on Team-BHP. But it’s dealer - Kataria from Koramangala whose website is https://www.nexaofkoramangala.com/ would bypass the blocking thingy. Either way, MSIL ends up advertising its cars on TBHP.

What’s wrong with this is that this goes against Team-BHP’s policy —

Quote:
We are a completely independent website and do NOT accept any advertisements or payments from automobile manufacturers.
Thanks!
EightSix

Last edited by EightSix : 5th March 2021 at 11:52.
EightSix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 18:58   #7053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
That is a dealer ad.

I believe Team-BHP blocks advertisements from carmaker websites from posting ads.

What you said is true, but Team-BHP has specifically blocked carmaker websites from posting ads through Google.

What’s wrong with this is that this goes against Team-BHP’s policy —

Thanks!
EightSix
Today I have observed an advertisement from CFMOTO while browsing from my phone. Is it a glitch or bike advertisements are allowed?. I noticed it for the first time.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20210306185054247_com.android.chrome.jpg
WhiteFang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 19:16   #7054
BHPian

Can we have an option to sort a thread by the number of 'thanks' a post has received? Most of the threads in Team-BHP is very long and quiet difficult to read all the posts. You could argue that it would be difficult to understand the context that way, for that there can be some link to the actual page of the post in the thread.
binoyyj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 19:27   #7055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I think we need some changes in the way COTY is selected. This year's COTY was decided the moment the original poster announced his vote. I feel the poll was a bit biased by moderator votes and prevented the true picture from emerging. Could be prevented to an extend by my moderators choosing to vote and announce at the end of the poll and not in the beginning.
+1 to this.

I would add it should be spelt out what comprises car of the year award. How much weightage is for the enthusiasts car factor, how much is for what could be the most popular seller. Or is it the design engineering, reliability? After sales service and over all experience anyone? COTY means too many different things to too many people. And quite often, though not always, but often enough at Team BHP COTY Awards we, the members, pick cars that within a year turn out to be bummers. Maybe time we reviewed how we state the case and how we select. The chances are that Team BHP's COTY will soon be way more visible than the awards the industry gives to itself. So we need to step up to make our selection by drivers and owners way more bullet proof. How - err well I don't really know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
Can we have an option to sort a thread by the number of 'thanks' a post has received? Most of the threads in Team-BHP is very long and quiet difficult to read all the posts. You could argue that it would be difficult to understand the context that way, for that there can be some link to the actual page of the post in the thread.
Agree wholeheartedly

Last edited by V.Narayan : 6th March 2021 at 19:29.
V.Narayan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 19:37   #7056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I think we need some changes in the way COTY is selected. This year's COTY was decided the moment the original poster announced his vote.
Agree with this. The fact is that GTO and the other Mods are respected - and many of us would find our views getting slanted by their opinions. Hence I would suggest that the Mods keep their votes confidential - at least until the last couple of days before the poll closes.

Also agree that COTY means different things to different people. But ultimately, it is selected based on votes of a diverse and knowledgable user base - viz all of us BHPians - and hence I would value it more than the opinion of individual journalists or experts.
Hayek is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 10:06   #7057
BHPian

I was wondering whether TBHP can encourage more DIY. One would be to have a complete section for TBHP. More and more young people are looking to do their own work on embellishing their cars and fitting accessories. I remember when I was young the real problem was that without the internet locating parts and materials was a nightmare. Sometimes the local hardware man helped and sometimes the scrap parts guy or in Delhi a visit to Jumma Masjid. My grandfather was an ardent visitor to Jumma Masjid from Amritsar and always bought some spares to work on his 3 or 4 second hand cars.

More DIY would add a lot of personal flavour and help those who want to do stuff themselves but are either too hesitant or do not get the right information. I do admit that there are the occasional DIY articles but more would be even better.

It is possible that there is a lot of DIY going on but not enough people give write ups. Maybe one can give a best DIY prize every month to encourage members to give write ups.
ashokabs is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:36   #7058
BANNED

Screen space taken over by Ad's recently

This is on top of every page and is sort of a video that plays everytime page changes/refreshed
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20210309182619.jpg

Takes up the whole screen space.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20210309182605.jpg

@MODS please look into this ASAP. Thank you.
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 10:14   #7059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Screen space taken over by Ad's recently
Switch to Brave browser and feel the difference not only on Team BHP but for other sites as well.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 12:17   #7060
BHPian

Hmm... What is this? The list of links at the top of the page has an entry "Turtle Wax" which leads to the turtle wax website.

Have ads become so intrusive that they now show as a link that is part of the forum sections itself?

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screen-shot-20210312-12.15.01-pm.png  

tilt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 19:56   #7061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
Never ever should be done. It will create an echo chamber and will be detrimental for the forum. Just like there should never be a dislike button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Hmm... What is this? The list of links at the top of the page has an entry "Turtle Wax" which leads to the turtle wax website.

Have ads become so intrusive that they now show as a link that is part of the forum sections itself?

Cheers
I was thinking that it is an affiliate link and up keep of a site do need money so it's not that bad. Apollo ads are another matter and it seems they want to compete with the hate zomato receive on YT.
Sran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 12:05   #7062
BHPian

Hi mods,

I used 1&1's website checker for my website recently to see if it is fully optimized. Out of curiosity, I tried the Team-BHP website address and it gave me some points where you could improve this site -

Create a touch icon for bookmarks. This is how I see Team-BHP's bookmark in my browser —

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-5f99fcc3ce784b8ca0b6abca21e7042c.jpeg

◘ Our homepage does not have a sufficient amount of content with 437 words. It says - "Provide more content to compel people to visit your website. Your website should have at least 500 words."

Activate CDN. A Content Delivery Network (CDN) optimizes the delivery of the content of your website to your visitors. It is especially useful if you have visitors that view your website from a variety of geographic regions.

Optimize the size of Team-BHP.com so that it loads faster. The transmitted volume of our HTML at 134 KB is extensive. It should be no more than 64 KB.

And here is some feedback —

I love the recent Team-BHP news post where you have linked the Skoda Kushaq’s launch event livestream. Do the same for all new cars please. Would be cool if I can watch new car launches from the Team-BHP page itself.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-52e1dc669d4e4331b7cd9c26c4f74727.jpeg

Edit - Here is a more professional audit of the site from a different tool. Unfortunately, I am on the free plan, so can’t give much detailed info.

https://sitechecker.pro/app/main/pro.../audit/summary

Last edited by EightSix : 18th March 2021 at 12:23.
EightSix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 13:34   #7063
BHPian

Re: The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!

Hi Mods!

While I'm ok with seeing ads in banner or in the page the scroll up ads on the side that pop up with every new page click are getting really annoying. If I go from page 1 to page 2 of a thread the ad pops up every single time. initially the ad was small now its huge and covers content. what is worse its auto-loading videos and chewing up enormous bandwith as well. I checked the headers and the ads are being injected upon the team bhp page by a third party vendor. is there a way to stop this.

Also why does Turtle Wax occupy the place holder bar between luxury cars and sell your car :/
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot-20210318-13.30.21.png  

Last edited by shady_lawyer : 18th March 2021 at 13:42.
shady_lawyer is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 14:01   #7064
BANNED

Apollo tyre advertisement is regular now a days but now seeing even longer banners of Sony too.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20210323135245.jpg
Old 29th March 2021, 15:46   #7065
S15
BANNED

Can we please ban the term "tincan".

Looks pretty immature in our forum.
S15 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks