Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2021, 10:36   #7096
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
*SNIP*

Please table them. *SNIP*
Er... In the American sense or the British sense? They both have completely opposite meanings.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 10:45   #7097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rule 1.01 of any suggestion box is not to demean any suggestion or phooh-phooh a discussion. If there are some who wish to discuss the Thank You button please permit them to do so without intolerance or looking down the nose. You have a view, thank you for stating it. It is important and valuable. So are the views of others who are equal members.
Rule no: 1.01 (from wherever it has been quoted) applies in equal measure to the post quoted above. If a point is articulated well it is not phooh-phoohing a discussion. It is putting across a counterpoint. That needs to be accepted or countered for the content in the post rather than running down the member who posted it.

This is a discussion forum, and there will be views and counter views. That is what discussion forums are for. The only rule to follow are the rules of THIS forum.

If you have content to counter the point being made, please post the content. I am sure it will be appreciated and maybe countered in equal measure.

But do not post your opinions about the member who has posted the content.That is against Rule no:6 of THIS forum.

Quote:
Please table them. I'm sure we will all benefit from your thoughts and suggestion.
An earlier post has indicated that suggestions are to be made through a DM to the powers that be for consideration. That means there is no need to table them here.

Quote:
Those discussing the Thank You button are not stopping you from putting forth other issues, or are they?
You have a good sense of humour.

Last edited by AMG Power : 7th April 2021 at 11:10.
Old 7th April 2021, 12:55   #7098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
Can we have 'how many members have seen your post' function' and 'report user' function?
You can report a user/member by using the Report post feature.

Regarding the seen count for the post, can you share how would it be useful ? If there is a strong reason and the forum app supports it, it could be considered for implementation. Basically the idea is to keep the forum stable. Hence unless a native feature, but if this is available as a third party plug-in, then it may not be implemented.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 13:23   #7099
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the seen count for the post, can you share how would it be useful ?
Well, for the same purpose its there in the social media. To see whether your post is getting ignored or not. Sometimes, when someone asks a query(it maybe urgent) nobody replies or post anything further. But you can't be sure whether someone has seen that post or not. If this facility could be made available, the user can move on rather than waiting for a reply that may never come.
Old 7th April 2021, 13:58   #7100
BHPian

I'm not sure if it has been brought up and declined by the mods before, but I'd really like to separate the official review threads from owners discussing their experiences, issues and mods etc.

There is constantly a flurry of posts on really old 'official review' threads (for example: 4th Generation Honda City Review or Skoda Octavia Review); which makes occasional forum visitors like myself mistakenly think that it is a new review, or there is a discussion about the review.

Perhaps separate threads like '4th Gen Honda City Ownership discussion' might be useful, and not just from a search perspective (imagine quickly finding the ownership discussion for your own car model).
greenh0rn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 17:17   #7101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, for the same purpose its there in the social media. To see whether your post is getting ignored or not. Sometimes, when someone asks a query(it maybe urgent) nobody replies or post anything further. But you can't be sure whether someone has seen that post or not. If this facility could be made available, the user can move on rather than waiting for a reply that may never come.
Are you seriously interested in knowing how many members have seen your post? What purpose would this serve?

I don't know any forum that implements this. If you do know of a forum that does please let us know.

Last edited by navin : 7th April 2021 at 17:18.
Old 8th April 2021, 00:47   #7102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
I can’t believe that we have posts to discuss a thanks button!
I can. Likes, dislikes, the shades thereof, and their clicking, is hotly contested on many forums!
Quote:
Well, for the same purpose its there in the social media. To see whether your post is getting ignored or not.
I have read this entire page, including your post, but a mechanism to show that I read that post (except for thanks, or replying) would have to monitor my scrolling and detect my eye motion. I doubt that that is current-real-world possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
I'm not sure if it has been brought up and declined by the mods before, but I'd really like to separate the official review threads from owners discussing their experiences, issues and mods etc.
A very big thumbs-up, I-Like-It, and more, to that one. I would also like to see different iterations of models separated, especially in the case of vehicles that go on for ever.

The answer to such suggestions, in my experience, is that it is better to have fewer threads, as this is, in some way, cleaner, simpler, or just better-looking. I don't agree. a hierarchic thread system is an index into the information.

Yes, it would be more work, and harder to moderate. For example, a New Special Edition is one man's new model, and another's meaningless marketing ploy. No doubt mods would have to merge not-really-a-new-model threads on a regular basis. And maybe the opposite too.

I don't often wish more work on the mods. But changes along these lines could make the information easier to find and the forum an even better reference tool.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 13:33   #7103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
*SNIP*

There is constantly a flurry of posts on really old 'official review' threads (for example: 4th Generation Honda City Review or Skoda Octavia Review); which makes occasional forum visitors like myself mistakenly think that it is a new review, or there is a discussion about the review.

*SNIP*
I have been asking for something like this since September of 2016 and every time, it has been shot down by GTO and some other users saying this is a useless feature. Basically what I have been asking for is another field in the list of threads showing the name pf the user who started the thread and the date it was started. Refer posts below.

1. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4048509 (Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians)

2. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4337275 (Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians)

3. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4345297 (Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians)

4. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4411661 (Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians)

Cheers
Old 8th April 2021, 13:46   #7104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Are you seriously interested in knowing how many members have seen your post? What purpose would this serve?

I don't know any forum that implements this. If you do know of a forum that does please let us know.
I think this only makes sense if you start the thread. And it is more or less satisfied by the thread views counter, although that includes visitors.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 11:13   #7105
BHPian

Off late Tbhp has become very slow. The pages take ages to load. Also some threads I click on end up with a “back end fetch failure”.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-ffff93f66d534348b073245a6e89ec3c.png
drhoneycake is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 11:25   #7106
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support:

The intermittent page load issues are being investigated with our hosting provider.

Thanks for reporting these, and your support and understanding while we troubleshoot.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 11:33   #7107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Note from Support:

The intermittent page load issues are being investigated with our hosting provider.

Thanks for reporting these, and your support and understanding while we troubleshoot.
Thanks for putting this up, I was just about to upload the screenshots.

Would like to highlight one more point, this particular problem of 'Database fetch error' is persisting since a few days, and the loading time for pages has gone up considerably.

Amazingly, it's working well right now!
VKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 16:15   #7108
Senior - BHPian

Is it due to COVID that we haven't seen any official reviews of cars for a while now?

The six latest reviews on the homepage are all great but they are unoffical reviews (do not follow the review format) and not as detailed.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 20:01   #7109
Senior - BHPian

Dear mods, as the forum grows, new changes are important part of evolution and self improvement (Demming cycle?). Here are a couple of suggestions that I find useful:

1. Forum car reviews can be categorised as “Full length official review” and “mini official review” so that members know what to expect.

2. The model year of car reviewed should be added to the title. e.g. 5th gen Honda City (2020): Official full review.

3. Some owners post a small review in the official review thread after taking delivery of the car. One post at the end of all official full/mini reviews can be reserved for owner reviews posted within that thread. Whenever an owner posts a review in the official thread, they can report that post to get their link added in that post. This will be very useful. e.g. Harrier thread is already 60 pages long and around 15-20 owner reviews have been posted within that thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5031683 (2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review)

Team-BHP can mention that only those ownership reviews will be linked there that are not merely “took delivery today here are photos” kind of posts but describe the selection process, and initial likes and dislikes.
PaddleShifter is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 07:29   #7110
BHPian

There should be an option to undo Thanks if done by mistake.
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks