Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2021, 10:01   #7141
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I keep getting logged out from forum every 30 seconds or 1 minutes. Any clues.
Old 22nd May 2021, 10:32   #7142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Even I feel this endless scrolling a little annoying
I am also firmly in this school of thought. This endless scrolling is a UX disaster. Apart from all the issues others have mentioned, there are two more. Suppose I am in 500th page (last page) of a thread, and then:

1. If I click on the previous page ("499" in the page navigation strip), the URL does not change. So when I share the URL of page 499 it still is hardcoded to take the recipient to the 500th page.

2. If I click on any page, all the intermediate pages are loaded as I scoll. This results in not just unnecessary traffic, but also badly degraded UX in case of End button press.

Not sure what problem this was supposed to solve. The previous UX was just fine, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I keep getting logged out from forum every 30 seconds or 1 minutes. Any clues.
You might have some cookie clearing/expiry mechanism setup. Check your browser settings or installed extensions. I have one called Cookie Auto Delete whose function produces this behaviour.
binand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 11:11   #7143
BHPian

While using images and other content from Team-bhp, do other websites request permission from/pay royalties to team-bhp or just cite the source? Just curious.

Example:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot-20210526-105553.png
Nexusios1521 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 11:54   #7144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
While using images and other content from Team-bhp, do other websites request permission from/pay royalties to team-bhp or just cite the source?
Generally on the Internet, respect for copyright and creator rights is more of an exception than the norm.

Having said that, the picture you cite as an example seems to be from the official Skoda media kit, usable by all media outlets.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...via-press-kit/
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 11:49   #7145
BHPian

Is there any section like "what car" for motorcycle and scooters ? I have a query regarding scooter purchase, not sure where to post it.
Old 27th May 2021, 12:45   #7146
BHPian

Search function is not working on computer/laptop. It is showing no results for any queries. While it is working fine on mobile site.
Old 29th May 2021, 13:10   #7147
BHPian

Some feedback from my end:

1. We need a Reddit style thread system quite badly. The entire interface has very quickly started showing its age now.

2. Bike content: I know we've started adding user reviews to the homepage box which is fine. But I don't know how I feel about adding bike reviews. I think bikes are a very different interested when compared to cars.

I know team-bhp will always have it's loyalists. But I think the time has come to make some drastic changes to the site. We do have an active community, so I think it's possible to do it while keeping them engaged every step of the way.
SS8939 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 00:16   #7148
BANNED

I might get a lot of backlash for this comment, but can we please have less of kids who are in the age-group of 12-15 years of age?
I sometimes ponder what really do they bring to the forum?
16, I can understand. A 16 year-old can have applied for a learning license and can legally drive, and is in a position to assimilate the discussions on the forum, and is in a position to concentrate his or her thoughts in concise, precise manner. Not any younger than that.
turbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 01:10   #7149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
I might get a lot of backlash for this comment, but can we please have less of kids who are in the age-group of 12-15 years of age?
16, I can understand. A 16 year-old can have applied for a learning license and can legally drive, and is in a position to assimilate the discussions on the forum, and is in a position to concentrate his or her thoughts in concise, precise manner. Not any younger than that.
I beg to differ. I don't think the forum accepts members based on what they bring to it only and nor is this a place where each and every member is entitled or obliged to preach. It's meant for newbies, youngsters, travellers and the likes with each getting to learn something different. If one would guage all new members by what they bring to this forum, I have observed certain adults as well who have little to contribute but still lurk around and learn a lot.

I was 14 when I joined myself. Didn't have much to share but 5 years later, I have learnt a lot from teamBHP (continue to do so in fact) and have also started giving back to the forum. That's what the end goal is. I can bet 7-8 out of 10 members who join the forum so with an intention to learn more than to preach. Not being able to drive is an issue, there's no two ways about that, but I don't think that has ever stopped me from contributing to the forum in my own way. Unless and until there isn't any mention of underage driving, I don't see this as an issue at all.
vishy76 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 01:15   #7150
BHPian

Quote:
Hey , come on man ! I thought TeamBHP is a place that encourages enthusiasts irrespective of their age. Of course, one who has attained the legal age that allows him/her to drive would have a more apt and valid point when it comes to driving and discussing a car. But what's really wrong if it's someone who is in their early teens and is genuinely interested and passionate, but is looking for the right kind of community ?
The forum already has a strict set of criteria and rules when it comes to membership.

The forum is also a great platform for them to learn and discover new things to expand knowledge and a means by which they will become safe and responsible drivers once they are old enough. Haven't you heard of the saying 'Start them young' . Passion for cars is something that should be encouraged and expanded, not demeaned.
BeemerBug_06 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 01:21   #7151
BHPian

Quote:
I would appreciate if no sort of discrimination is practiced on this forum on the basis of age of members. It has been proven innumerable times on here that knowledge doesn't have an age.

There is a reason why one has to write an essay while applying for membership which is then manually evaluated by the mods to ensure quality of the forum before approving the membership.

Please introspect about the topic in question before coming and replying out loud henceforth.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Aditya : 8th June 2021 at 07:00. Reason: Please keep the discussion cordial
sodapop is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 01:29   #7152
BANNED

Quote:
I might get a lot of backlash for this comment, but can we please have fewer kids who are in the age group of 12-15 years of age? I sometimes ponder what do they bring to the forum?
You can't paint everyone with the same brush. I have seen a few BHPians like viXit, Varun_HexaGuy, Vishy76 who had joined in the same age as you have an objection with but their contribution is equally great and I can more than some BHPian's out there. The 'Thanks count' may or may not matter but it does speak a lot that they know what they type and contribute on the forum.

Team-BHP is equal for everyone and age is just a number buddy and if that was genuinely an objection, forum moderators wouldn't have approved their application in the first place. This forum is a place to 'Learn' and 'Share'. It can't be that if one doesn't share then he/she can't be a part of the forum. You plant a seed today thinking you can expect fruits from it the next day onwards. Even nature takes an year or two minimum for it to grow into a plant/tree and grow big enough to give back the world - fruits. The same is the case here also, members joining at 13 years can learn, read and imbibe as much as they want and contribute when they find it deemed fit. I have given the members profile link above, check their ownership reviews, they have posted in such a way that many of us were in shock with the quality of the matter. It doesn't mean that have illegally driven, they have shared the experiences as a passenger and now that they are 18, they can legally drive and contribute even more.

I am genuinely not sure what made you post this and what is that you are trying to communicate.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th May 2021 at 01:45.
a4anurag is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 06:16   #7153
BANNED

Quite a backlash, just as I had expected, but with all due respect to the members, they're entitled to their opinion, I'm entitled to mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You can't paint everyone with the same brush. I have seen a few BHPians like viXit, Varun_HexaGuy, Vishy76

I am genuinely not sure what made you post this and what is that you are trying to communicate.

To be extremely honest, I cant recall one memorable post by either of these accounts, except for Varun_HexaGuy, who has been a stellar contributor, to give credit where it is due. He, IIRC, also made a post, in this very thread a couple of pages ago about how Team-BHP is not the same it was a couple of years ago, and how standards for new members, and the quality of content in general is falling on Team-BHP.

And as for your second part of the quoted post, I do realize that there is a human on the other end of the screen, and in this case, a human of 13-14 years of age, and therefore I shall refrain from publicly calling them out, and naming and shaming the members/posts.

However, if you (or the moderation team, for whom post #7148 was originally intended) do still insist on knowing what led me to this midnight rant, I am always a PM away. Lets not wash the dirty linen in public, especially when its kids we're talking about.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th June 2021 at 07:05. Reason: Quoted text and reply deleted
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 07:22   #7154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Is there any section like "what car" for motorcycle and scooters ? I have a query regarding scooter purchase, not sure where to post it.
Whatever make / model you have shortlisted, please see if there is a thread / discussion about it, should have. We have a detailed thread on almost all of them, here is the one for Ather, there are similar ones for Vespa and countless thread for Honda / TVS / Yamaha scooters, but still, if your query remains unanswered, please create a new thread in Assembly Line with all details.

Thanks.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 13:09   #7155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Not being able to drive is an issue, there's no two ways about that, but I don't think that has ever stopped me from contributing to the forum in my own way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerBug_06 View Post
The forum is also a great platform for them to learn and discover new things to expand knowledge and a means by which they will become safe and responsible drivers once they are old enough. Haven't you heard of the saying 'Start them young' . Passion for cars is something that should be encouraged and expanded, not demeaned.

Perspective, experience, real world knowledge, on road experience, plus numerous other scientific things which is needed to understand automobile can not be understood or brought on by a teen. Driving is not something where a young perspective is needed because one gets better in driving with experience and mileage. Travelling and experiencing something new is also restricted for teens by their parents and whatever they experience is influenced by choices that their parents make. A young mind does not compute all that but of course there are some exceptions, maybe all those young exceptions are here . An automobile is something you can not talk about unless you have driven extensively let alone on the basis of fun weekend drive.

There is no two ways about letting them start young but I think bhpian Turbo was saying that to learn you need not be a member. I learned about tbhp in its very early days by an automobile modifier in Mumbai. I started being regular around 2007 and joined in 2019. I have learned a lot in a decade plus here and I do not post regularly because some posters here are truly masters of their craft and have great knowledge who explain better than me and some are simply not worth the time. A teen mind is impressionable, they can not unlearn what they have gathered from those worthless posts, so everyone needs to be careful about them. Thanks button is massively misunderstood and 2 thanks or likes(other SM sites) can alter a teen mind and pull them towards an echo chamber where manipulation is easy.

One can take knowledge from a 10 year child but that child has spent all those year learning about that one thing or an octogenarian who has an experience of a lifetime but times have changed now. In today's time no can can know if the preacher is a 15 year teen who has not even completed their regular studies or a neckbeard who has never left their house in an year and has no friends or real world knowledge. Gaining knowledge is important but knowing whom to take the knowledge from is also equally or more important, teens lack these oversights.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th June 2021 at 07:11. Reason: Quoted text and reply deleted
Sran is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks