Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2021, 20:36   #7276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar Rao View Post
I need to ask about certain observations made by moderators about the usage of punctuation marks and capitals in my posts. I am unable to reply to personal messages and seek some clarifications. I request one of the senior members to guide me on this.
Hi,

Kindly browse through the ANNOUNCEMENTS section. You will find answers to all of your questions and much more there.

For instance, you have a specific (Expected Posting Etiquette) thread that would address your instant query.

Have a great time on the forum .
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 09:47   #7277
BHPian

A humble request to TBHPians, I have noticed that few members add the description or title below the photograph attached, I use a smaller laptop, the photo and the description doesn't fit in one frame, so first I see the photo and then the description, I have to scroll back up to visualize it, mobile users will also have the same problem.

Please try to add the title/description above the photograph attached.
FURY_44 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 23:23   #7278
BHPian

Am facing a typical issue. I use Microsoft Edge for browsing and here is the issue I face.

I typically go to the "New Posts" section and to look at the new messages. On that page, if I have to go to the 2nd, 3rd page and so on I have to click on the 'Next' / ">" button. However if I am in one of the actual threads and lets say I land on Page 3 of 12, then the moment I scroll down to the bottom of the page, the next page gets rendered automatically. I believe this is a feature in the browser.

What I am not able to understand is why wont it work when its listing the threads in the 'New Posts' page. Is there a different way the threads are rendered when multiple threads are listed as a result of a search and they render differently within the pages of a particular thread.

Question 1: Anyone else notice this ?
Question 2: Is there a way to fix this so that the pages get auto loaded ?

TIA.
GJ01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 01:04   #7279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
However if I am in one of the actual threads and lets say I land on Page 3 of 12, then the moment I scroll down to the bottom of the page, the next page gets rendered automatically. I believe this is a feature in the browser.
Not really, this was implemented on the forum sometime last year, called infinite scroll.

You can go back a few pages on this thread to see the discussion around it.

As you found out, it only works with threads.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 06:30   #7280
BHPian

The size of ads on mobile screen has increased and this is affecting the experience of reading threads. The ad is almost full screen and many times, you end up clicking on the ads even if you are not intending to.

Request to reduce the size of ads so that there is space above and below the ad to touch and scroll without triggering the ad.

Please refer to below screenshot.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_2022020306182622_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Everlearner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 08:10   #7281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
you end up clicking on the ads even if you are not intending to.
That might not be such a bad thing.
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:52   #7282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
The size of ads on mobile screen has increased and this is affecting the experience of reading threads. The ad is almost full screen and many times, you end up clicking on the ads even if you are not intending to.
Hello!

My recommendation to all Team-BHPians who are facing the problem of ads would be to use a browser with ad-blocking capabilities on the phone as well as laptops/PCs. I have been using Opera for about 6-7 months throughout my devices and I'm pleased to say that I've had a good experience with it as well. Before that, I used Brave, but IMO Opera's UI is much better than Brave especially on PC.
Old 3rd February 2022, 13:04   #7283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Hello!

My recommendation to all Team-BHPians who are facing the problem of ads would be to use a browser with ad-blocking capabilities on the phone as well as laptops/PCs. I have been using Opera for about 6-7 months throughout my devices and I'm pleased to say that I've had a good experience with it as well. Before that, I used Brave, but IMO Opera's UI is much better than Brave especially on PC.
Agree on this, but I don't want to stop teambhp from earning the ad revenue, just want that it should not hamper my reading experience.
Old 12th February 2022, 11:32   #7284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
What I am not able to understand is why wont it work when its listing the threads in the 'New Posts' page. Is there a different way the threads are rendered when multiple threads are listed as a result of a search and they render differently within the pages of a particular thread.
Agree on this. Just like infinite scrolling is supported for the posts within a thread, it will be good if it can be supported for "New Posts" also.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 16:05   #7285
Distinguished - BHPian

Let's have infinite scrolling working backwards as a priority!

Funny: I hated it when it was first introduced, now I'm complaining it doesn't work both ways
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 18:35   #7286
BHPian

Why am I being asked to identify boats and buses to get an access to the site?
corvus corax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 23:11   #7287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Let's have infinite scrolling working backwards as a priority!

Funny: I hated it when it was first introduced, now I'm complaining it doesn't work both ways
I agree.

Alternatively, right next to the 'Last Page' button, can you also keep the previous 2 page numbers? So, that I can go the second last page in the thread and read from there. Most of the time, I have to go back at least 1 or 2 pages in each thread. It would help if I can land in the second last page and then do infinite scroll from there.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 23:29   #7288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
A humble request to TBHPians, I have noticed that few members add the description or title below the photograph attached, I use a smaller laptop, the photo and the description doesn't fit in one frame, so first I see the photo and then the description, I have to scroll back up to visualize it, mobile users will also have the same problem.

Please try to add the title/description above the photograph attached.
Printing convention is that the description is always below the photo. So that is what most people are used to.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 01:00   #7289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
Why am I being asked to identify boats and buses to get an access to the site?
Are you using a public vpn service by any chance?
Old 15th February 2022, 07:13   #7290
BHPian

Quote:
Are you using a public vpn service by any chance?
At home I use Wi-fi. Outside, Jio data.
Actually, I only encounter this problem as I try to login from my new phone. In my previous device there was no such issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks