Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2018, 19:55   #6511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Has this resolved itself?

Do check whether you're on http or httpS (or being switched between the two) -- as it's possible to be logged in on one and not on the other -- leading you to believe you're being logged out.
Hi Rehaan, i was out of town for 2 weeks, so i wasn't able to login to Team Bhp in between. Now am back to town and will check with my Jiofi. If the problem persists, will surely revert back.

Last edited by Samba : 2nd June 2018 at 19:57.
Old 7th June 2018, 15:40   #6512
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Use Cloudflare as a reverse proxy, maybe?
Thanks. We had actually considered Cloudflare around the time of moving to E2E but had decided against it at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Btw, one feature request - can we have the ability to save a reply post as a draft, and resume editing it
I did look at a plugin that enabled this some time back, but there were major issues that popped up even in basic testing, so decided to play it safe. Will revisit this. Perhaps a manual "save draft" button could be a workable compromise?
Old 7th June 2018, 22:43   #6513
BHPian

Dear Mods, May I suggest for a small addition which could be a lot helpful to many, especially mobile users. As there are a huge number of posts in TBHP today and all posts (irrespective of new, old, very old) are displayed under NEW POSTS section in forum, it will be convenient for users to view the start date (date of 1st post) of a particular thread before opening that thread. Thus one can know beforehand if a thread is discussing a new topic or old. Therefore will it be possible to display the date on the list, below the heading or author's name. I have marked red in the below screenshot where I think is the apt place to add date. Thank you.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_20180608_005347.jpg
Old 7th June 2018, 23:05   #6514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Dear Mods, May I suggest for a small addition which could be a lot helpful to many, especially mobile users. As there are a huge number of posts in TBHP today and all posts (irrespective of new, old, very old) are displayed under NEW POSTS section in forum, it will be convenient for users to view the start date (date of 1st post) of a particular thread before opening that thread. Thus one can know beforehand if a thread is discussing a new topic or old. Therefore will it be possible to display the date on the list, below the heading or author's name. I have marked red in the below screenshot where I think is the apt place to add date. Thank you.

Attachment 1769423

No harm having the feature of course but in my experience, actually the discussion on many old threads simply evolve with time so I've found most often they still remain topical. For instance a "what automatic hatch" thread will simply evolve to discuss current day options. Or a particular car review launched at a point in time will simply add on the years of experience since that review. I would go by the latest discussion on the thread without overly judging its start date.
Old 8th June 2018, 11:07   #6515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Dear Mods, May I suggest for a small addition which could be a lot helpful to many, especially mobile users. As there are a huge number of posts in TBHP today and all posts (irrespective of new, old, very old) are displayed under NEW POSTS section in forum, it will be convenient for users to view the start date (date of 1st post) of a particular thread before opening that thread. Thus one can know beforehand if a thread is discussing a new topic or old. Therefore will it be possible to display the date on the list, below the heading or author's name. I have marked red in the below screenshot where I think is the apt place to add date. Thank you. *SNIP*
Don't hold your breath on this. I have been asking for this very feature for a while and it has been shot down every time, either by the mods or by other members, like the member who replied to your request just above my post.

I think it is a relevant and useful feature to have, and it is available in other forums I visit; but people here do not seem to share my opinion.

Cheers and good luck.
Old 8th June 2018, 16:42   #6516
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm afraid that it is a down-vote from me too. New posts is new posts, regardless of the age of the thread.

The thing that occurs to me on some forums (not so much here ) is that I would rather see the name of the last-poster rather than the thread starter. On some other forums, this has a direct effect on whether I go there or not!
Old 13th June 2018, 16:15   #6517
BHPian

When I am looking at the list of threads in a forum, there are two columns to the Left of the column of the thread title; these have two icons, the first one looks like an open envelope and the second column icon varies - sometimes a smiley, sometimes a Green arrow, sometimes a Caution triangle, sometimes what looks like a stack of papers etc.

What are those two columns, what do they signify, and what am I supposed to understand and infer about the thread from those two columns? What purpose do they serve and do they even need to exist?

This is on a desktop computer, not a phone or iPad.
Old 13th June 2018, 18:06   #6518
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that the second one, with a smiley, is a smiley given to thread by the OP
Old 13th June 2018, 18:16   #6519
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
What are those two columns, what do they signify, and what am I supposed to understand and infer about the thread from those two columns? What purpose do they serve and do they even need to exist?
I think first one indicates if you have unread posts in that thread. Second one is an icon that a thread starter can choose when creating a thread (if not specified it defaults to one of the icons).
Old 19th June 2018, 17:37   #6520
BHPian

There are lot of comments all over the forum about build quality and its relation to safety etc.

I don't think its necessarily true light build quality means car is less safe, but the same time I think it could be true.

Can we publish a article on build quality of cars in India and its relation to safety. Basis this maybe in TBHP car reviews mention as per us particular car is XYZ% safe etc. This of course does not mean drivers start testing this out and ignore road safety.
Old 19th June 2018, 20:13   #6521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
... ... ... Can we publish a article on build quality of cars in India and its relation to safety.
I think that a lot has been written about the difference between true structural safety and perception thereof. Much of it falls flat in the face of either brand "loyalty" or the misconception that, when a car meets a concrete block, the result should be cement powder and an unchanged car --- with dead occupants. Those people are not very good at listening!

It might be a good idea to have one of the posts/threads about what actually contributes to safety in car design/build as a regular/permanent Hot topic.

Maybe there is already: I usually interact with the site through new/subscribed posts rather that the front page <Blush>
Old 19th June 2018, 20:55   #6522
BHPian

I would like to see two change,
One, App should have a Hot thread section just like landing page seen in website.
Second, While going through website, would like current page numbers displayed. In a different colour, in current format it's difficult to distinguish.
Old 2nd July 2018, 16:09   #6523
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to blacklist a thread? Some of the new threads are absolutely thoughtless (IMHO) or irrelevant and people go on commenting, thus the threads keep on popping up on 'New Posts' page. I want to see the new posts and new threads, but want to exclude any of the non-relevant threads irrespective of their activeness on forum.

Any way to do this?

Last edited by ani_meher : 2nd July 2018 at 16:13. Reason: toned down the message!
Old 2nd July 2018, 16:35   #6524
BHPian

An "ignore this thread" implementation similar to the "subscribe to this thread" may help in this case.

Last edited by SDP : 4th July 2018 at 00:33. Reason: Removed irrelevant quote
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:30   #6525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is there any way to blacklist a thread? Some of the new threads are absolutely thoughtless (IMHO) or irrelevant and people go on commenting, thus the threads keep on popping up on 'New Posts' page. I want to see the new posts and new threads, but want to exclude any of the non-relevant threads irrespective of their activeness on forum.

Any way to do this?
Unsubscribe option is already available for this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks