Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2020, 21:57   #6841
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

There seems to be some error in the formatting of the news section. The first line of the text is overlapping the ad. I've shared a screenshot below:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_202006142119022.png
Torque_Curve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 13:30   #6842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fache89 View Post
Ideally it should help other users to learn something about a fellow BHPian.
My request would be an extension of the above suggestion by fache89

Could we have an option to subscribe to 'all posts by the member' on that day or week. We would be able to 'follow' a member's posts on varied topics.
roamingrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 19:18   #6843
BHPian

Re: Subscribe to Team-BHP's Daily Newsletter!

While I appreciate the newsletter concept, the popup encountered on every page visit asking to subscribe feels a bit irritating and desperate. I'm talking about this:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200620-unexpected-easter-eggs-cars-jeep-tata.png
srinath.s is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 20:20   #6844
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath.s View Post
While I appreciate the newsletter concept, the popup encountered on every page visit asking to subscribe feels a bit irritating and desperate.
I think that will appear only when you visit the forum as a 'guest' and not as a member.

Try signing in and see if that pop-up appears or not.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 20:28   #6845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I think that will appear only when you visit the forum as a 'guest' and not as a member.

Try signing in and see if that pop-up appears or not.

We should consider the fact that there is a vast number of readers who read the forum without being member.
rjainv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 20:32   #6846
BHPian

Also the fact that even if I am a member, I don’t necessarily need to login to browse the site, which is what I do all the time anyway. I login only if I need to post.
srinath.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 01:40   #6847
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatia.D17 View Post
The text in the posts would look more pleasing to the eyes if they were justified.
I used to be a huge fan of justified text - however, while it certainly looks good (symmetry et al), it is not optimal for reading. This is an often debated topic (as well as line-length), but I think the majority is in favour of left-aligned text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
The first line of the text is overlapping the ad. I've shared a screenshot below
Seems to be an oversized ad (though hard to say for sure from your screenshot). Will have this fixed.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath.s View Post
While I appreciate the newsletter concept, the popup encountered on every page visit asking to subscribe feels a bit irritating and desperate. I'm talking about this:
This is most certainly NOT supposed to display on every page.

It's supposed to display just once (to guests only).

However, there seems to be a bug in this case, since it's showing repeatedly.

Could you please tell me:
1) Which browser are you using
2) Are you using incognito mode?
3) Is the pop-up showing on every page as you browse? (it will only show up once you scroll past 50%)
4) If you click close, and then scroll down further, does it show up again on the same page? (it should not!)

Thanks!

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th June 2020 at 01:41.
Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 09:42   #6848
BHPian

Re: The Depression Thread: Let's openly talk about this elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[b]
@ BHPians: If you would rather post about your experience anonymously, please share it via this page & we'll have it posted. Anonymity guaranteed.
Small suggestion:

Quoting from the contact us link provided above:

"Team-BHP is incredibly serious about maintaining your privacy; do include a mention of whether you prefer to remain anonymous or be duly credited in the article. If anonymous, only GTO will know your identity."

With all due respect, It is not anonymous if even one person knows about it. Request you to create a form or feedback page kind of link to achieve true anonymity.
roamer012 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 15:40   #6849
BHPian

Re: Introducing Push Notifications on Team-BHP.com!

Thank you for the welcome gift (push notifications)! This is the first announcement I am seeing after my membership got approved yesterday.

Just curious! Any plan to launch a Windows App on Microsoft Store for Team-BHP?

We don't need to keep a browser tab open always in that case. Sorry, if I am asking for too much.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th June 2020 at 16:06. Reason: Moved your post to the suggestions thread. Welcome aboard! :)
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 20:42   #6850
Senior - BHPian

Im not sure if this has been pointed out earlier, but I face a technical snag in my team bhp iOS App. If I use quotation and few other symbols, there is an error while the message gets posted. I see this with a lot of others as well. Im not sure if this is specific to iOS. This really makes it hard to be grammatically correct at times.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 14:36   #6851
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
With all due respect, It is not anonymous if even one person knows about it. Request you to create a form or feedback page kind of link to achieve true anonymity.
There's many levels of anonymity.

For what you speak of we do offer this contact form, which is "truly anonymous".

But to address the other side of the coin, you have to understand that it's not that straightforward.

If someone wrote to us anonymously saying "Maruti is going to buy Mahindra" -- it would be a joke and we wouldn't dare share that untrusted information on the forum.

However, if a know person wrote in with the same info, there would be a much higher likelihood of that being trustable/accurate information, based on who they were, and their past record of sharing information. This is where the anonymity comes in. Their ID would not be known to anyone other than GTO.

So in short, things that are posted on the forum 'anonymously' can't always be anonymously sent in.

As for the example of GTO's post in the depression thread, he's used the same wording from this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
Just curious! Any plan to launch a Windows App on Microsoft Store for Team-BHP?
Sorry, but no plans for this at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
If I use quotation and few other symbols, there is an error while the message gets posted.
We've actually stopped support of the iOS app since quite a while, so I suggest you use the Smartphone Skin in your browser instead.

If you mean the post gets successfully posted, but with errors -- please report the post the next time it happens, and I'll see if there's an easy workaround.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th June 2020 at 14:38.
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 17:29   #6852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
There's many levels of anonymity.

For what you speak of we do offer this contact form, which is "truly anonymous".
Thanks for your response and understanding the issue at hand. My point was precisely to change the link from Contact Us>Share to Contact Us>Speak since the matter at hand was non automotive and not for sharing of industry news/scoop. For rest of the part, your point is well taken. Thus i once again would request to change the link in original post of GTO from share to speak in the depression thread (The Depression Thread: Let's openly talk about this elephant in the room).
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 14:54   #6853
GTB
BHPian

In our new 'Daily' newsletter, after subscribing there is an option to check recent newsletters. When you click on it, you're redirected to a new webpage. This page doesn't have our Team-Bhp icon (favicon).

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-daily-newsletter.png  

Last edited by GTB : 8th July 2020 at 14:58.
GTB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 09:58   #6854
Senior - BHPian

Dutee Chand to sell gifted BMW to meet Olympic training expenses.

This is super sad, and someone as fast as she is deserves a fast ride like a Beemer. Is there something we as BHPians can do to help? Like a fundraiser event? (yes I will donate as well, if such an event is organized)

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...xpenses/619893
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:34   #6855
BHPian

The quality of the content and sense of community here is outstanding, better than on any other Indian forum I have come across. However, the site looks a bit dated and is missing some of the functionality and many of the bells and whistles of other forum platforms. I am active on a few forums that use Discourse (PLEX and Mac Power Users are good examples) and I could not recommend it more. I am not sure if it would be possible to migrate to another platform given the amount (and wealth!) of content and number of users here but if it is at all possible then I would strongly urge you to consider Discourse.

Last edited by Anjadekar : 16th July 2020 at 13:38.
Anjadekar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks