Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 02:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

The only singer I revered enough to have a poster of him in my room :(
Still remember the poster of the album "Bad" proudly adorning the walls.
RIP Michael, you were the greatest.

Last edited by sammyboy : 29th June 2009 at 02:52.
Old 29th June 2009, 03:07   #32
BHPian

Amazing showman, and performer. I will never forget seeing him perform in Bombay, it was just amazing and totally out of this world.

He was truely the greatest.
Old 29th June 2009, 09:43   #33
BHPian

The Best! He pioneered many new concepts in pop music including lively dance sequences, made best best use of television as a medium, excellent beats which will make even a staunch non-angrezi tap his/her feet, and of course the most popular figure, ever.

Just think of 750 million records he sold! If you think it over and consider that each of them was sold to one individual, it covers almost 12% of the entire population of the planet! I cant think of any more popular person ever lived on earth.
Old 29th June 2009, 09:44   #34
BHPian

RIP MJ. You will live on in our hearts forever.

I wanted to see his comeback. Never expected his end so soon. Till today, I am smitten by his moonwalk. Like many others here, my room adorned an MJ poster as well - the only poster of any pop/movie or sports star, the rest were all of cars and bikes.
Old 29th June 2009, 09:47   #35
BANNED

Sad to hear about his demise.

I forced Dad to get a music system home those days only because of his music.

May his Soul Rest in Peace.
Old 29th June 2009, 10:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exactly. No one will be able to replicate the achievements of these two legends.
The music, the videos, the concerts, the impact - all in a different league. Today's artists just come and go, you never know.
MJ will be missed.
RIP Michael.
Michael Jackson, musician par excellence, pioneered extravagant music videos, wild live shows, great dancer, great thinker and self destructive.

I grew up grooving to the wicked sounds of in the closet, the absolutely brillaint JAM, the crazy video of remember the time and the smooth 'liberian girl'.

Your style of dressing, your trade marked move were truly distinct and made you what you are today.

I can say this, the heights that you have acheived, NO one, not u2, not pink floyd, not beatles, not rolling stones have or will ever acheive. You truly are great michael.

A small note from a loving fan of yours Michael.

Forever: Michael Jackson.
Old 29th June 2009, 10:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

One of the greatest showmans of our times ! You will be missed ! RIP !
Old 29th June 2009, 10:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

'Dont stop till you get enough'

The best entertainer of our lifetime.
Old 29th June 2009, 10:50   #39
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I remember when ABBA, Boney M, Tina Charles, and the Bee Gees seemed to be the rave at parties during my teenage years Michael Jackson's Off the Wall took pop music to another plane. I don't hesitate in saying that album remains one of my all time favourites. I still get the goosebumps when some DJ plays a track from that album.

His unhappy life and sad end raises some questions in my mind. If only MJ had had a happier childhood and a strong supportive family throughout his short life, he may have found the strength to handle the pressures of his extreme success.

Perhaps all of us need to recommit to ensuring children in our lives get a warm loving and fun filled childhood. For that alone can give an adult the sense of balance and maturity to handle the pressures of adult life.

This morning's paper carried an article about teenage school girls in Hongkong (one in every ten!!!) resorting to prostitution to pay for designer wear and luxury goodies.

Could it be that the focus in society the worldover has shifted a tad bit too much toward the acquisition of material wealth, comforts, and fame and less on values and human relationships?

Just a short while back there was news of a near total mental collapse of Britney Spears.

Both MJ and Britany are child stars. One seriously questions the sensibility in the recent spate of child shows on Indian TV where you see them performing.

The real world is a cold and ruthless place. Most definitely not for children to encounter at their tender age. Children are best left being just that, children.

To all those parents who are driving their kids to be super successful, perhaps you are harming them more than helping them. Ease up and let those kids have fun. Our childhood is just that, for plain and simple mindless fun. Not stage shows and competitions.

I hope the world learns from the pain super successful stars like MJ and Britany feel. They both had parents/guardians driving them to perform. If only they had been allowed to play a little longer.

Its sad

Last edited by DKG : 29th June 2009 at 10:55.
Old 29th June 2009, 11:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

His music video 'Thriller' was judged to be the best music video of the millennium. It was released in the late 80s and somewhere around Y2K it still won that award. Speaks tons about his acheivement. What a dancer. RIP!
Old 29th June 2009, 11:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post

I hope the world learns from the pain super successful stars like MJ and Britany feel. They both had parents/guardians driving them to perform. If only they had been allowed to play a little longer.

Its sad

Agree with you.

But then another question comes in mind - "if they were allowed to be just like kids, will we get people like MJ... ?? " In that sense, they are more kind of "sacrifices", for others "happiness".

R.I.P MJ.
Old 29th June 2009, 12:12   #42
BHPian

It is a colossal loss to the whole world. His eternal music is to stay forever. One cannot stop feeling sad for him. Did he deserve such a horrifying death?? Effected in all the possible ways- Physically, mentally and financially. RIP MJ.
Old 29th June 2009, 12:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

I have never felt as much sad on the death of any celebrity as I felt for MJ.

RIP oh King of POP
Old 29th June 2009, 12:40   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually I wrote an email to those in my circle expressing the way I felt.

I'd like to share it with you.

------------------------------------------------

I now share my Birthday with the death anniversary of one of the greatest icons of modern music – Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson was one of the greatest musical geniuses the world has known. With his soulful sweet voice, deeply-troubled persona – a shy person yet madly rebellious dancer – there is nobody who didn’t know him.

I remember when Thriller was released. My uncle bought me a 12” record and I must have worn out the needle and the record with the number of times I played it. I was young and I can never forget standing sideways and doing the little hair and body flick step he did with all the ghoulish creatures in the music video.
My Mom would make me do that step when we had guests

Come on, do your favourite Michael Jackson step, come on, show Uncle how well you do that and I would do it, till finally one day the embarrassment meant more to me than the moonwalk.

Two days ago I visited michaeljacksonlive.com something I have never done before. I read about the concert in London. This is it, said Michael Jackson. This is the last time I’m performing live. I was compelled to go through the site, watch the hysteria around the HIStory video (with Michael walking in his military uniform and the girls screaming and passing out) and then surfed a bit more on the internet, read about his various plastic surgeries and controversies. I don’t know why I wanted to do it, read about Michael Jackson and see what he was up to.

This morning I woke up to find an SMS from Nitrous. The King of Pop is dead! and I thought What? How? Impossible! A quick visit to the news sites and it was confirmed.

He was dead before he reached the hospital. Michael Jackson, the incredible entertainer and outstanding musician whose life was riddled with more controversy than any other celebrity has ever known.
He was a freak, they say, a disturbed personality with a terrible childhood.

I quote from his song “Childhood”

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for the world that I come from
'Cause I've been looking around
In the lost and found of my heart...
No one understands me
They view it as such strange eccentricities...
'Cause I keep kidding around
Like a child, but pardon me...

People say I'm not okay
'Cause I love such elementary things...
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the Childhood
I've never known...

Did Michael Jackson truly do the awful things everyone said he did? I don’t know.
Did Michael Jackson leave a trail of incredible music behind him? Absolutely yes!

Yes, I would have preferred if he had to return to the arena with millions of people watching him, I would have loved to see people forget everything and enjoy the entertainer he was rather than read all the bad press about him. I would have loved it if Michael Jackson had died back at the top of his game instead of dying as an eccentric recluse, addicted to painkillers.

But he didn’t.

He’s gone now and all we have left is a little music he made.

When you listen to his beautiful music, remember him. Think of Michael Jackson.

He was a great man.

Michael Jackson ( 1958 - 2009 ) You shall be Missed !! RIP-michael_jackson_by_cippo_92.jpg
Michael J. Jackson. 29th August 1958 – 25th June 2009
(Image by cippo)

Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like A Sunset
Dying With The Rising Of The Moon
Gone Too Soon

Gone Too Soon.

---------------------------------

I got some beautiful, memorable heart-felt responses and I realised that day why I keep my friends close to my heart (and on my mailing list).

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 29th June 2009 at 12:44.
Old 29th June 2009, 12:52   #45
BHPian

RIP MJ. Performer of the Century. There will never be another "Thriller".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks