Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 22:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

MJ last trip and stage appearance being shown live in CNN-IBN.
Old 7th July 2009, 22:39   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
MJ last trip and stage appearance being shown live in CNN-IBN.
oh thanks watching it on cnn now
Old 7th July 2009, 23:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

Live on the net

BBC World Service - News - LIVE: Michael Jackson Memorial
Old 7th July 2009, 23:16   #94
Senior - BHPian

cant forget the feeling in me - the hair on my hand standing up feeling when i saw MJ make a grand entry at Mumbai !! what a legend !
Old 8th July 2009, 00:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Goodbye to the greatest entertainer this World has ever seen.
Old 8th July 2009, 18:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

Michael Jackson's memorial really saddened me. Still can't believe that the greatest entertainer in the world is no more. I have been listening to MJ's songs and every song of his gives me goose bumps. There is nothing meaningless about his work. Every song says something, not just something but important stuff and it's said in such a simple and easy manner. The guy was a true legend and the world will never see another MJ again.

The worst part about the memorial was at the end when his daughter got up to say something about her dad. She could murmer just two lines before she burst out crying. It was so sad..

Rest in peace Michael Jackson.
Old 8th July 2009, 20:07   #97
Senior - BHPian

Was up till around 1am till the end. The last of what we can see, in reality, of the greatest musician that ever lived in these times, and one who transcended all borders!

He will surely be missed by millions.

Regardless of all this, he will be alive in the music he left behind.

And the part of asking his daughter to speak, I found that insensitive, since I noticed that her uncles and aunt was pushing her to say something; or was it just my mis-understanding?
Old 8th July 2009, 20:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

And the part of asking his daughter to speak, I found that insensitive, since I noticed that her uncles and aunt was pushing her to say something; or was it just my mis-understanding?
i felt that way too - but maybe she had expressed earlier that she wanted to say something, and at that moment when she got emotional they were just helping her -janet said 'speak louder'.
MJ's other 2 kids were obviously in no position to talk at that moment and weren't forced in anyway.
Old 30th August 2009, 17:33   #99
BHPian

Tribute to MJ - Sonu Nigaam (Composed by Saikat-Shankar)

A tribute to MJ. Composed by friends of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Fcr43QupKCo

Saikat Roy and Shankar R aren’t your typical music composer duo.
These techies have worked every inch of their way, without a godfather, up to break into one of the largest music industries in the world. True
to their IIT Kanpur roots, Saikat and Shankar have brought innovation
– the hallmark of this great institution, to the music industry.

They were featured on Channel V as the first Indian music directors to
compose an album entirely through collaborations over the internet
using social networking as mechanism to create a melting pot for
talent across the world. They take an innovative approach to creating
music by focusing on specific themes whether it’s a tribute to Michael
Jackson, a voice against social discrimination or like now as they
work towards strengthening the brand of their alma mater through an
anthem.

Highlighted work:

- Recorded song “Tum” with Kumar Sanu. Music composed by Saikat Roy and Shankar R
- Composing and co-producing a song with Sonu Niigaam paying tribute to
Michael Jackson
- Composed and recorded “Tere Liye” with Raman Mahadevan (sang Kholo
Kholo in movie Taare Zameen Par). Song released on United White Flag.
- Other singles compositions with Armaan Malik (child singer, has sung
Bam Bam Bhole in Taare Zameen pe, nephew of Anu Malik). Other projects
in pipeline include recordings with Udit Narayan, Abhijeet as well as
many new upcoming singers
- In addition they have already composed more than 70 songs for various
part time singers and short films in English, Hindi and Kannada
languages.

Contact Information

Saikat Roy : +91- 9880536801; saikat.roy@gmail.com
Saket Saurabh: +1-650-678-5467; saketsaurabh@gmail.com
Old 28th April 2010, 18:38   #100
BHPian

We have grown up listening to this man
thriller, beat it ... bad .. who is she and the list goes on

MISS YOU MJ
Old 29th April 2010, 18:39   #101
BHPian

I know its a old thread, but cudnt help but comment. I am feeling the loss till date. A part of me is lost forever and no one can fill that void. Badly miss u MJ !

I was seriously considering going to UK for his concert. To me it was once in a life opportunity to see the greatest entertainer live. Sadly it was not to be. But I did catch the movie This Is It, 1st day 1st show and was saddened even more. Movie showcased his raw talent, creativity, his quest for perfection, humbleness, electrifying dance moves, social message he was trying to spread thru his songs, the grandeur of the show they were trying to put together and whole lot more about him and the concert. It was just mindblowing what they were doing to do. I truly wish he performed atleast one show , I know I am being selfish but atleast he would have died on top of his game and the world would have got to see him doing what he does best one last time.
Old 24th June 2011, 07:16   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Michael Jackson ( 1958 - 2009 ) You shall be Missed !! RIP

MICHAEL JACKSON-THE LATE KING OF POP-A second death anniversary EVE tribute
As one who grew up listening to his music, the sense of loss for me is irreparable. Michael Jackson passed away on 26/06/2009 at age 50. Indeed, he had his last chart success in 1995 and was readying himself for a 50 concert tour of the U.K. beginning on July 13th, after staying away from the music scene since 1995.
Beginning his career in 1969 at age 11, as a child artiste, he was the lead singer of the pop group Jackson Five. Backed by his overbearing father Joe, himself a pop singer (remember his chart success “Breaking us in two” from the late 1970’s), the group members were his brothers and sisters. They tasted chart success with “I’ll be there,” “I want you back” , “Rock robin” and many other hits. Berry Gordy of Motown Records and pop star Diana Ross backed them. The genre was mainly Rhythm and Blues, gospel and pop.
The next phase was the star’s solo career that began with the release of his album “Off The Wall” in 1979. He created his own pop genre that became his signature soon. There were several chart toppers including the title track that topped charts worldwide. It was producer Quincy Jones backing him and the collaboration produced “Thriller” in 1982, the largest selling record album of all times. He became a megastar and it was the era of pop videos that had begun. Michael immaculate mannerisms on the videos, his famous moonwalk for the single “Thriller” and his white attire swayed an entire generation of fans worldwide. His stage presence was magnificent and is still unbeaten. Almost all singles from the album “Thriller” were chart toppers. The single “Beat It” had a “say no to drugs” message.
Always very forthcoming for charitable causes, in 1984 he brought together almost all the big names in the American pop industry under the “US Aid For Africa” umbrella. The song “We are the world” was recorded, released and became a monster hit. The proceeds were sent to the starvation hit “Horn of Africa.”
The star lately before his unfortunate demise had been on prescription drugs, much contrary to his “Beat it “message to the world 26 years ago. He had become addicted to anti anxiety pills and pain killers.
His later albums Bad, Dangerous, Invincible and HiStory sold very well but could not repeat the “Thriller’s” success. The star withdrew from the glare and became a recluse as several personal life controversies surfaced, though he was acquitted of all charges later on.Some allegations were made on him for monetary gains by fraudsters and money seekers.
As a child star, many predicted he would be a burn out, but this was disproved. He was a phenomenon and his megastar status relived the Elvis Presley era of the 1950’s and The Beatles era of the 1960’s. The King of Pop is no more. Neither “Dangerous” nor “Bad” He will be a “Thriller”, has made “HiStory” and will be “Invincible” with the iconic sensation he created.
His famous and recent Mumbai trip and concert in his fading years, showed the child-like persona he was. He had developed an instant rapport with India and with all his fans who had cheered him. Michael we miss you a lot!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 24th June 2011 at 07:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks