Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 13:07   #46
BHPian

He truely was and shall remain "The King of Pop".
RIP MJ.
We love you.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:08   #47
BHPian

R.I.P MJ , the world will remember you as the moon walking prodigy , who enthralled a whole generation with his music across cultural barriers .
Old 29th June 2009, 14:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Still can't believe it. Seems too harsh to be true. No words can describe the grief. Hope he rests in peace.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:16   #49
BHPian

I think most people had a love-hate relationship with MJ. Whichever it was, you just couldn't ignore him. Most of us have grown up with or enjoyed his music some time or the other. I wouldn't really say it is a loss because he was past his prime. Although selfish, we got the best of him, and he will always be remembered for it. R.I.P. MJ!

An interesting point to note though. Post the internet (read social networking/twittering/blogging) boom since the late 90s, this is the first time a world celebrity has died, igniting such massive public reaction. (IMHO, the last one was Lady Diana)

It has resulted in outages in Wikipedia, Google and numerous news sites today. A few interesting reads:
Michael Jackson is dead: internet feels strain - Telegraph
AOL Confirms AIM Outage After Jackson's Death - News and Analysis by PC Magazine
http://www.canada.com/entertainment/...174/story.html

Last but not the least, an interesting FB update of a friend's -
XXX is thinking that it probably isn't just a coincidence that Sickipedia crashes when a certain pop star is RIP.

Cheers!
Old 29th June 2009, 15:13   #50
BHPian

Gone Too Soon

Michael Jackson - Gone Too Soon!!!

Like A Comet
Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky
Gone Too Soon

Like A Rainbow
Fading In The Twinkling Of An Eye
Gone Too Soon

Shiny And Sparkly
And Splendidly Bright
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like The Loss Of Sunlight
On A Cloudy Afternoon
Gone Too Soon

Like A Castle
Built Upon A Sandy Beach
Gone Too Soon

Like A Perfect Flower
That Is Just Beyond Your Reach
Gone Too Soon

Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like A Sunset
Dying With The Rising Of The Moon
Gone Too Soon

Gone Too Soon
Old 29th June 2009, 15:18   #51
Senior - BHPian

My icon. Gone too soon.

The King is dead. Long live the King! His music shall remain forever.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Michael Jackson - Gone Too Soon!!!
i was thinking of the exact same song yesterday
Old 29th June 2009, 16:17   #53
BANNED

Woke up pretty early that morning. Looked for the newspaper on the doorstep, wasnt there yet. Turned on the TV, got to a News Channel, turned on the volume a bit and was walking towards the bathroom. When i hear this:

"Michael Jackson leaves behind 3 children....." And the world around me shuts off.

"LEAVES BEHIND???", fearing the worse i turn back to watch the news. A lump rises in my throat as i watch the news unfold. Something within was lost... lost forever.

RIP MJ.
Old 29th June 2009, 17:06   #54
BHPian

Will always miss you MJ!

I'm just shocked, utter deep shocked like a bullet shot in my heart!

I've grown up with his music, from impressing my friends in school with casettes to posters and paper cuts of my purse and books, its all coming back now and pains learning the fact he is no more!

He lost his childhood too early at age 6 when he landed in music industry and nothing stopped him thereafter!

He did confessed in a interview on BBC, he never had a good childhood. The song "Childhood" was written by him which he only dreamt of.

At age 25, he was the King of Pop! Little he knew his later 25 years would be living in Hell! Addicted to fame and a thrill to be the king of pop and unique proved too costly and sadly his life :((

He saw the best of the life and the worst in his 50 years down on Earth. Probably GOD had enough of it.

His videos were ahead of time and unique. His dance steps, clothing, artists everything uncomparable!

His songs always echoed his own life. One of the following lyrics say so much about his end of his life!

I am the damned
I am the dead
I am the agony inside
The dying head
This is injustice
Woe unto thee
I pray this punishment
Would have mercy on me..

Song - "Who is It?"

GOD bless your soul, MJ! You will always remain a Legend King of Pop and immortal in our hearts!
Old 30th June 2009, 09:16   #55
BHPian

Feels really sad to see the state MJ was in - these are the results of the leaked out autopsy report
The shock findings of the Michael Jackson autopsy | The Sun |News
Old 30th June 2009, 09:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

I was crying while I watched the news that day morning.

Like many others here, I also grew up listening to his songs which I listen today as well.

I still remember the day way back in the late 80s, the day I became an instant fan of Jacko when I happened to listen to a cassette which had an assortment of his songs, from various albums like Bad, thriller, off the walll etc. That was titled "I love to dance", I still have that 90 minutes cassette.

I have the ending lines from his song "Will you be there"

"I'll never let you part.... for you're always in my heart."

But, I wished I could sing,

"Just because you read it in the magazines and see it on the TV screens don't make it factual..."

if he was still alive.

RIP MJ!

Last edited by clevermax : 30th June 2009 at 09:36.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:34   #57
Senior - BHPian

R.I.P. MJ.Been to a couple of hotels for lunch and dinner, most of them were playing MJ hits.Proud to see so many fans of MJ around. I wouldnt be surprised if MJ's hits would once again, top the charts. So much and so many ppl listening to MJ songs at the sametime.(For past 3 days I'm listening to MJ songs continously @Home & in Car)We will Miss you MJ.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:00   #58
BHPian

One morning I'm in this long meeting in office. Suddenly I hear the opening notes of "Beat It!" from one of my colleague's laptop. Bit upset since he was disturbing everyone. Then he tells me he was fiddling around with some news link and that MJ is dead!

I was shocked. Of course I had heard that he was not keeping well of late, but this was shocking. I had grown up listening to this very song and so many other numbers such as Thriller, Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, Bad, The Way you make me feel (I still remember the scene from the video where the water hydrant goes off), etc.

My dad told me so often that he'd seen this guy as part of the Jackson Five in the late sixties. I remember how excited I was to buy the audio tape of Dangerous. I had just completed school then.

Feel very sad for MJ. I thought he would be around for much longer. Was actually hoping he'd make a comeback. Anyway, his music will live on forever.

Last edited by CBlazer : 30th June 2009 at 15:05.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
R.I.P. MJ.Been to a couple of hotels for lunch and dinner, most of them were playing MJ hits.Proud to see so many fans of MJ around. I wouldnt be surprised if MJ's hits would once again, top the charts. So much and so many ppl listening to MJ songs at the sametime.(For past 3 days I'm listening to MJ songs continously @Home & in Car)We will Miss you MJ.
MJ songs are at number one - as per sales charts of amazon,itunes, etc
And in addition to listening to mj at home, i have also been listening to my mj collection in my car

Last edited by jassi : 30th June 2009 at 15:55.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:59   #60
BHPian

There are very few legends who have innovated different styles in a genre like Pop which is stereotypical by nature, and the king is undoubtedly MJ. His songs, moves, grace and electrifying stage presence cannot be replaced by anyone else.

He was a desolate soul surrounded by hypes and critics, and even issues for which even till date there has been no concrete evidences. Unfortunately his eccentricities led him to places where he wouldnt have imagined to tread, that eventually slowed down his marvellously growing career.

Nevertheless, I have been fortunate enough to be part of a generation who has seen this stupendously talented guy rocking the world to his moves. I hope his memories stay for long so that the next generation gets a chance atleast to have a glimpse of it.

R.I.P MJ, you will be dearly missed !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks