Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 16:16   #91
BHPian

Very Tragic. I hope that the person responsible is caught and punished to the full extent of the law.

My condolences Dueller.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

NO ! Can't be true !

Anish,

This is shocking ! Please accept my condolences. May Tarun RIP.

And Anish, I will be on the look out for the white accent in Navi Mumbai. Just call for anything.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:26   #93
BHPian

How cruel and insensitive can people get? May Tarun's soul rest in peace. My heartfelt condolences to the family and friends.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:39   #94
Senior - BHPian

Bad, Cruel world. 2nd Bhpian in 2009.

hope the white car guy faces Justice...!!!

RIP Tarun.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:06   #95
BHPian

GOD! i'm deeply shocked to hear this news!! I did read the accident news on paper. i'm more shocked it was your brother.

One thing I've observed on Palm Beach Road where bikers ride on the 1st fast lane. Even bikers with their families and kids They are not aware they are driving on a dangerous lane on a high speed road. These are the ones who are more prone to fatal accidents.

I hope the accent guy is caught very soon and punished severely.

Very sorry to hear this tragic news, buddy! May his soul rest in peace!

Last edited by rudrah : 9th September 2009 at 17:08.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:07   #96
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear about this. May Tarun's soul rest in peace.

Dueller: Giving your cell number to fellow t-bhpians in Mumbai will be a good idea so that they can contact you immediately if any of them happen to see a white accent with damages. May be Mods can help you out with this. (A PM to all Mumbai members?)

The car driver must be found out and brought to justice.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:20   #97
BHPian

RIP Tarun. I sincerely hope the erring driver of the accent is brought to book.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:24   #98
BHPian

Be strong in the aftermath. The guilty will be apprehended one way or the other.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

Really sad to hear the news Dueller.My condolences. Hope the culprit gets caught.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:38   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
... Usually the glass marking has the date
Yes, it is a White Accent manufactured in the year 2000. Identified by the marking on the windshield and non-clear tail lamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
RIP Tarun.
Any news of the other guy ? I hope he is ok and may be able to tell what exactly happened.
Unfortunately, both are no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
This is really bad news. RIP Tarun.

Dueller - Keep a watch at the local garages and authorised Hyundai in and around Navi Mumbai. Chances are that the car would visit a private garage to avoid detection. Also check out with the RTO for details of a white Accent. Check with the locals too if they spotted any such white car. Check with asurrounding building residents / watchmen if they have a white Accent in their premises.

Mostly I feel that to keep a low profile, the car would be kept under covers in the owners premises or hidden away in a basement / pvt garage.
I did check out every garage between Kopar Khairane and Vashi today. Also left a word with the garage owners. Sharayu Hyundai in Turbhe was the last option, no trace there either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
R.I.P Tarun,
I suggest you put an ad in the papers? or contact a journalist from the media who can put this incident in the papers regarding the white accent, this killer has to be put to justice, we have to get him.
The report has appeared in DNA Navi Mumbai & Lokasatta. However, details of the killer car have not been published for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Also check for CCTV cameras in businesses few 100s of meters up and down the street where the accident has happened. If it was a hit and run case he probably was caught with his wrecked car by some camera on the way. As berj79 has stated, drinking must have been involved with this accident, and if night clubs have any record of this car (video footage/valet slip) it will probably help you find these crooks quicker.
Palm Beach road is a high speed highway with no businesses on the road. However, there are residential buildings adjacent to the accident spot. I'm trying to contact the owners to know if they saw anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Really sad news Dueller!
My heartfelt condolences
RIP tacho

I hope the culprits are caught and severely punished.

Members: Please keep a lookout for the said car in adjacent district workshops as well. If the car driver knows what has happened, he will not risk getting the car repaired in Mumbai. He may not even try to get it repaired anytime soon making the tracing difficult.
Exactly, that is the reason a high-ranking police official has put pressure on the cops where the case is registered. They have promised to send out wireless messages to traffic police men and other police stations across MH to trace the car based on the assumed damages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
My deepest condolences to your family and pray god gives you and your family the strength to tide over this tragedy.

Also, as stated by you, the car did crash into the barricades after the incident and there is a probablity that the car might have suffered some major damage and in all probablity would have limped to the nearest garage from the site of the accident. Did you notice any oil slicks around the barricade area ? Maybe a quick scan for garages around that locality that stay open past midnight might help. Also if there are any toll booths on that road or any petrol pumps, it might be worth a few queries in those places.
From the parts we found, it appears that the car lost control after bumping off the bike and spun around and crashed backwards into the barricades. There were no parts from the front of the car. The car would have sustained damage to its side and back, broken rear windshield and probably missing a bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonorm View Post
It makes me sad to read such instances where a life could have been saved but owing to one's selfish nature that innocent lives were lost.

My heart felt condolences to you and your family Dueller.

R.I.P. Tarun.

Hopefully the culprits are found soon and punished suitably.
The FIR has framed two rounds of charges for "culpable homicide not amounting to murder" and "rash driving on public roads"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Thats very sad. How old was he?

May his soul rest in peace
Just 23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
NO ! Can't be true !

Anish,

This is shocking ! Please accept my condolences. May Tarun RIP.

And Anish, I will be on the look out for the white accent in Navi Mumbai. Just call for anything.
Thanks, N_C. Right now, my primary objective is to trace down that S-O-A-B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Very sorry to hear about this. May Tarun's soul rest in peace.

Dueller: Giving your cell number to fellow t-bhpians in Mumbai will be a good idea so that they can contact you immediately if any of them happen to see a white accent with damages. May be Mods can help you out with this. (A PM to all Mumbai members?)

The car driver must be found out and brought to justice.
This is a great idea. Any Mumbai Team-BHPians coming across a White Hyundai Accent year 2000 model (non-clear lens tail lamps) with damage to its back & sides, shattered rear windshield and probably missing a bumper please contact me on 98210 36888.

@MODS: Can you send out a description of this car to Mumbai team-bhpians? From the experience of BHPians in spotting stolen cars, I have faith that so many eyes cannot miss the killer car. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:43   #101
BHPian

Very sorry to hear about this DueLLeR. My condolences to you and your family.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:50   #102
BHPian

My condolences. Rest In Peace Tacho.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:58   #103
Senior - BHPian

Dueller, words fail me.. Hope you and your family find the inner strength to face this untimely loss of a loved one.
Old 9th September 2009, 18:05   #104
BHPian

My sincere condolence on this tragic incident. I hope justice is done soon.
Old 9th September 2009, 18:12   #105
BHPian

Ho Very Sad Dueller, My Sincere condolences to you & your family. RIP Tarun!!

Bring him to justice mate! Would pray that you get him

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks