Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 21:42   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Weight Loss Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
I have reduced my calorie intake to 1500 calories per day.
10kms walking daily morning.
Drink plenty of water and Eat lots of apple.
Sunday is a holiday for my body, as i eat anything and everything i like.

will keep you guys updated. stay tuned.

Note: and oh yea... i never stay away from colas, a half liter coke pet bottle gives you around 220 calories, so i take it
Mate, all the best! I sincerely hope you achieve your goal! Just a word of caution though:

Colas may have "only" 220 calories, but they have a TON of sugar! This sugar gets stored in your body as fat. So, please dont focus only on the calories part. Calories are good in moderation. Sugar through colas are among the worst!

Also, re-think the Sunday holiday rule. I also followed this for a short while but what I found was that all the efforts I put in for the first 6 days was ruined by an overdose of Sundays! Have whatever you want that day, but dont overeat so much that you feel ridiculously full.

Apples are a great idea.

Another suggestion I can give is to join a gym or do some basic strength training at home. The more muscles your body has, the more calories you burn while just sitting at a table.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 22:02   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
All the best!
How tall are you?
thanks amitoj!
I am 5'10 and 31.

@Noopster: thanks a lot for your advice. At the moment, I have started my 25/30 minutes walk and plan to up it after a week or so. Also soon i am going to join my office weekend cricket group. There are no reliable and affordable gyms nearby and also work timings! So hoping to keep slow and steady.
Also resuming some food habits that had helped me lose weight in the past. Almonds and brown bread veggie sandwiches at snack time to begin with along with goodbye to rice and late dinners!
Old 4th December 2011, 22:42   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The more muscles your body has, the more calories you burn while just sitting at a table.
But that depends on which study you refer to.

Some people say that one pound of muscle will burn 50 cals a day.
Some give the number at 6 cals per pound of muscle and 2 per pound of fat.
Old 4th December 2011, 23:55   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Mate, all the best! I sincerely hope you achieve your goal! Just a word of caution though:

Colas may have "only" 220 calories, but they have a TON of sugar! This sugar gets stored in your body as fat. So, please dont focus only on the calories part. Calories are good in moderation. Sugar through colas are among the worst!

Also, re-think the Sunday holiday rule. I also followed this for a short while but what I found was that all the efforts I put in for the first 6 days was ruined by an overdose of Sundays! Have whatever you want that day, but dont overeat so much that you feel ridiculously full.

Apples are a great idea.

Another suggestion I can give is to join a gym or do some basic strength training at home. The more muscles your body has, the more calories you burn while just sitting at a table.

THanks for the kind advice dude, will surely omit cola from my list.

The sunday Holiday thing is going for a toss now after i read your post. Going to stick to veggies with fruit sunday

lets hope for the best and this time i will sure HIT the target.
Old 5th December 2011, 00:42   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
But that depends on which study you refer to.

Some people say that one pound of muscle will burn 50 cals a day.
Some give the number at 6 cals per pound of muscle and 2 per pound of fat.
I'm not too concerned with the numbers. Most studies (or articles) claim that more muscle = more calories burnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
THanks for the kind advice dude, will surely omit cola from my list.

The sunday Holiday thing is going for a toss now after i read your post. Going to stick to veggies with fruit sunday

lets hope for the best and this time i will sure HIT the target.
NO!!! Please dont do that! I will feel bad! I'm just saying, dont go berserk! I dont want to sound like an old uncle (I look it, thanks to my size, but am just 25) but I've been there, done that.

Noawadays, even on my "cheat days", I eat everything but in moderation. I also try to have 2 or 3 cheat meals through the week so the temptation to binge is much lesser.

For example, tonight, I had a great Chinese meal. I didnt have any sweets. Some other time during the week, I will have a normal meal but have a small dessert to satisfy my craving. I'm trying to spread out my calorie intake even while I'm "cheating" on my diet! Instead of having 1000 calories in a single meal, I would rather have 2 great meals of 500 calories each!

And if you do eat non-veg, make sure you eat a good amount of fish and some amount of chicken.
Old 5th December 2011, 10:21   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And if you do eat non-veg, make sure you eat a good amount of fish and some amount of chicken.
The fish should be small and the chicken shouldn't be the local one (it is red meat), but the regular poultry one.

I have a question. I regularly used to walk/jog earlier. Have started from the 1st Dec (a mere coincidence). The weather is cooler now, but how to walk/jog in summer months? The sun is out by 5-5:30 am and I hate going out in the sun. Its just too sweaty then. I do free hand exercises in my room, but any other alternative? Its too busy/dusty to walk/jog in the evening.

I am 5"11 and weight swings between 85-90. I am doing whatever I can do to reduce the bulging tires & build stamina. I eat everything, but in moderation.
Old 5th December 2011, 20:11   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The fish should be small and the chicken shouldn't be the local one (it is red meat), but the regular poultry one.

I have a question. I regularly used to walk/jog earlier. Have started from the 1st Dec (a mere coincidence). The weather is cooler now, but how to walk/jog in summer months? The sun is out by 5-5:30 am and I hate going out in the sun. Its just too sweaty then. I do free hand exercises in my room, but any other alternative? Its too busy/dusty to walk/jog in the evening.

I am 5"11 and weight swings between 85-90. I am doing whatever I can do to reduce the bulging tires & build stamina. I eat everything, but in moderation.
Well, sweat it out! Then come back and take a cold shower! That's the best thing! Or wake up at 4:00 am and go for a jog! :P
Old 5th December 2011, 20:59   #203
BANNED

how to do lose weight on the sides mainly ?
Old 5th December 2011, 21:01   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

And what makes you scared of sweat.
When i am running,i love to sweat,and i do a lot,even in this weather,when winters have set in.
Old 6th December 2011, 10:43   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, sweat it out! Then come back and take a cold shower! That's the best thing! Or wake up at 4:00 am and go for a jog! :P
I was/am complaining more about the harsh sun. It seems I got to wake up early. In winters I can afford to go out even after 7, but in summers? Have to be out before 6am at any cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
And what makes you scared of sweat.
When i am running,i love to sweat,and i do a lot,even in this weather,when winters have set in.
Old 6th December 2011, 10:48   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
how to do lose weight on the sides mainly ?
Sorry jesal, but it does not work that way.
You need to follow proper diet and regular exercise. It will start reducing the overall fat % in your body. Once that starts, the sides will start shrinking.

Take care.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 11:14   #207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Sorry jesal, but it does not work that way.
You need to follow proper diet and regular exercise. It will start reducing the overall fat % in your body. Once that starts, the sides will start shrinking.

Take care.
ok that dint come out right, what i meant was does exercising on that part work at all ? i have started to walk on the beach, swim and do the basics like taking the stairs and walking to places that are near by.
Old 6th December 2011, 21:27   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
ok that dint come out right, what i meant was does exercising on that part work at all ? i have started to walk on the beach, swim and do the basics like taking the stairs and walking to places that are near by.
Yes it does,it would take a month or so of regular work out before results start showing up.
Old 7th December 2011, 17:02   #209
Senior - BHPian

Will having biscuits (namely parle-g and Marie) and tea in the evening help in this weight reducing cause?
Old 7th December 2011, 18:43   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_
Will having biscuits (namely parle-g and Marie) and tea in the evening help in this weight reducing cause?
It has to be a bigger approach. If you are replacing samosa pakora with biscuits, it may help. If you are replacing chips with biscuits it may or may not help.
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks