Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 18:56   #31
BHPian

I am an alien -- and my wife will vouch for it. In the last decade of marriage there have been many instances when she was driven mad by me and said that my behaviour in not at all human -- its as if I am from some other planet\universe
Old 30th November 2009, 21:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
I am an alien -- and my wife will vouch for it. In the last decade of marriage there have been many instances when she was driven mad by me and said that my behaviour in not at all human -- its as if I am from some other planet\universe
Well, in that case... most of us married men are indeed Aliens
Old 1st December 2009, 20:06   #33

It seems you guys haven't read about the Disclosure project document. It is a 500 page report of authentic Army, airforce and other military reports along with radar reports from military and civilian sources of various encounters of humans with extra terrestrial crafts. Extremely boring stuff actually but with some exciting encounters where an ET craft shut down missiles facilities etc but it's 500 pages of undeniable, irrefutable evidence.

And if i remember properly all the evidence and witnesses testified in front of the US congress somewhere back in 2001/02. The subject is a matter of ridicule for many & was for me until i read that report. I suggest you guys do it as well.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Why are we so uncomfortable with the idea that there may be intelligent extraterrestrial life apart from th earth. In the vastness of the known universe there are billions of planets with earth like characteristics which could possibly have carbon based life forms.

I would like to believe that we are not alone in the Universe and it's just a matter of time before we make meaningful contact with intelligent extraterrestrials. I just hope it happens in my lifetime!

The idea of there being life on other planets in the universe is completely possible. By saying our planet is the only one in the universe capable of sustaining life, we are behaving ignorantly like the olden ages where people used to say the earth is the center of the universe.

Earth is NOT EVERTHYING !!! its just a tiny little spec of a planet in an ocean of space. There are billions of planets in our own galaxy, and billions of galaxy's within the universe. However the idea of there being aliens amongst us is may sound absurd for sure but one must take into account that it is not impossible.

Aliens or at least what we know of them are known to have machinery and technology light years ahead of us. If they can fly for 1000's of light years to come to our planet, i'm sure they have the technology to be amongst us without our knowledge.

Some say the pace at which technology has progressed since the last decade compared to the years before is due to us reverse engineering stuff from alien spacecraft. (Read this in an old UFO investigation report)

Wheel spin - I have unclassified documents of UFO sightings in the UK which were recently released to the public by Uk govt. and the Ministry of Defence. The eyewitness contain policemen and defence personnel as well.

Last edited by funkydevil : 1st December 2009 at 21:02.
Old 1st December 2009, 21:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

SOS (Save Our Sith)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
...Aliens are currently all around us, and are watching us all the time,...Come out, confess. Who amongst Bhpians are aliens?
Holy Sith! These earthlings are smarter than we thought. They are already onto us...<quickly pulling out a sophisticated device the likes of which have never been seen by any earthling before>...I need to ping our Mothership for reinforcements.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 1st December 2009 at 21:25.
Old 1st December 2009, 21:25   #36
BHPian

may be the source of the claim for the bulgarian scientists is the movie series Men In Black !
Old 1st December 2009, 22:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Well, in that case... most of us married men are indeed Aliens
SHH! guys! MIB is around!

I saw one today morning, turned around when wife asked me at what I was looking at in the mirror..
Old 1st December 2009, 22:51   #38
BHPian

Never knew aliens existed on earth, anyway hope I find an alien chick to marry
Old 1st December 2009, 23:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

If your trying to tell me that little fella in ET is fake then I am going to have to question the existence of the fat man in the red suit who visits once a year.
Old 2nd December 2009, 02:34   #40
BHPian

STIG !!!!!!

How the hell TG find it(/him/her)?
Old 2nd December 2009, 03:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
The idea of there being life on other planets in the universe is completely possible. By saying our planet is the only one in the universe capable of sustaining life, we are behaving ignorantly like the olden ages where people used to say the earth is the center of the universe.

Earth is NOT EVERTHYING !!! its just a tiny little spec of a planet in an ocean of space. There are billions of planets in our own galaxy, and billions of galaxy's within the universe. However the idea of there being aliens amongst us is may sound absurd for sure but one must take into account that it is not impossible.

Aliens or at least what we know of them are known to have machinery and technology light years ahead of us. If they can fly for 1000's of light years to come to our planet, i'm sure they have the technology to be amongst us without our knowledge.

Some say the pace at which technology has progressed since the last decade compared to the years before is due to us reverse engineering stuff from alien spacecraft. (Read this in an old UFO investigation report)

Wheel spin - I have unclassified documents of UFO sightings in the UK which were recently released to the public by Uk govt. and the Ministry of Defence. The eyewitness contain policemen and defence personnel as well.
Well, IMHO all it comes down to probability. As far as I understand science, nobody has seen the evolution of mankind which we talk about. All theories regarding development of life on earth have their own basis and their own limitations. In fact, I believe these theories are meant to be broken and lead into another theory. But the idea remains the same, directing from basic form to complex form of life.

Then is the probability of adding together of all the factors which have helped life to develop on this planet. To count a few

Earth's birth + collision of earth and its twin to increase its size and gravity + its distance to sun + position of Jupiter (protecting the earth from large meteorites by capturing them by its massive gravity) + Volcanic activity in early days of earth + Development of atmosphere + adequate proportion of gases in air to help emerging life + Right temperature + Water + Chemical reactions leading to single cell organisms + their subsequent development so far.

And the list goes on... I am sure, I have missed so many factors which escaped from my brain right now.

I am not denying the existence of life on any other part of the universe, but the more the factors responsible for development of life, the more complex equation becomes. And probability of getting everything on right spot on right time becomes thinner and thinner. And the distance comes into play as well. If there is another planet with life form on it, how far is that planet? May be we can find them some day or they can find us !!! But looking at the development so far, I strongly believe that we are the only planet sustaining life on it.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post

Earth's birth + collision of earth and its twin to increase its size and gravity + its distance to sun + position of Jupiter (protecting the earth from large meteorites by capturing them by its massive gravity) + Volcanic activity in early days of earth + Development of atmosphere + adequate proportion of gases in air to help emerging life + Right temperature + Water + Chemical reactions leading to single cell organisms + their subsequent development so far.

And the list goes on... I am sure, I have missed so many factors which escaped from my brain right now.

I am not denying the existence of life on any other part of the universe, but the more the factors responsible for development of life, the more complex equation becomes. And probability of getting everything on right spot on right time becomes thinner and thinner. And the distance comes into play as well. If there is another planet with life form on it, how far is that planet? May be we can find them some day or they can find us !!! But looking at the development so far, I strongly believe that we are the only planet sustaining life on it.
Ace,

Perhaps you're implying that life on earth was a freak occurance. An occurance so rare that it only happened on a little blue speck in the Universe called Earth and that the rest of the Universe is like a barren desert completely devoid of any life forms.

I'd like to believe otherwise!

There's a scientific theory which says that the first single cell organisms were brought to Earth by a meteor that crashed here and everything else evolved from those organisms. I don't know whether it's true or not. However I thhink that the Universe is so vast and complex that even with our advanced brains we are not even capable of comprehending the sheer scale of it. Now that's just one universe! There are theories which suggest that there could be several universes out there! Who knows what secrets such a grand and astonishingly complex Multiverse would be holding. Why is it seem so improbable that there may not be life elsewhere in it. What if the Universe itself is one large gigantic throbbing form of life and we are just lowly parasites living off it! The possibilities are endless and the probability is very high!
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:05   #43
BHPian

Considering all those theories that say the earth may have been "seeded" with life by a passing comet or other inter-galactic debris, it's quite possible that all of us are technically aliens and don't know it.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:42   #44
BHPian

Any non-believers of this news, please come and meet my HR manager

@Mr-Bean, sorry you cannot marry this alien chick. She is already married and has an alien baby too

-Pallavi
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Holy Sith! These earthlings are smarter than we thought. They are already onto us...<quickly pulling out a sophisticated device the likes of which have never been seen by any earthling before>...I need to ping our Mothership for reinforcements.
Er, not to be a nerd or anything, but your advanced alien communication technology still uses the TCP/IP protocol stack*?

* Something I wondered about even in Independence Day when Jeff Goldblum hooked up his PC to the alien mothership's network.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks