Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 05:56   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Stick your tongue out as far as it will go, flick it back in and out 3 times, roll your eyes round and round, stick both your thumbs into your armpits and sing loudly "I am a disco dancer" as you swing your crotch back and forth like Mithun.

If it is a Team-BHpian, you'll recognise each other from this secret movement. If not try the next man. If it's a Team-BHPian's parents, don't worry, they won't even believe you know their son or daughter. They'll think koi pagal tha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomobil View Post

So i thought why not we have some official sigh / code in our cars when we spot an fellow Bhpian !

Your inputs and mods help craft out this code / sigh.
Sigh. Not all BHPians are married and therefore may not be well-versed in the art of sighing.

What a funny thread. Just say hello there!! for God's sake. Always works. If driving, smile and wave. If the guy can stop he will. If it's his Dad, he will wonder who the hell you are.
Then come and write in the "I spotted a BHPian" thread. End of story.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 25th December 2009 at 06:01.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2009, 06:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbine View Post
An interesting thread !

How about the S.M.S in morse code?

Three short honks, two long honks followd by three short ones. Similar to the one we get on our fones when the sms comes.

It is actually S M S in morse code (dit dit dit dah dah dit dit dit).
why?

why did you go all this far and screwed it up. Why SMS, why not BHP or TBHP or TEAMBHP?
Old 25th December 2009, 09:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Stick your tongue out as far as it will go, flick it back in and out 3 times, roll your eyes round and round, stick both your thumbs into your armpits and sing loudly "I am a disco dancer" as you swing your crotch back and forth like Mithun.

If it is a Team-BHpian, you'll recognise each other from this secret movement. If not try the next man. If it's a Team-BHPian's parents, don't worry, they won't even believe you know their son or daughter. They'll think koi pagal tha.

Sigh. Not all BHPians are married and therefore may not be well-versed in the art of sighing.

What a funny thread. Just say hello there!! for God's sake. Always works. If driving, smile and wave. If the guy can stop he will. If it's his Dad, he will wonder who the hell you are.

ROFLMAO: Only you could come up with something as simple and silly as this.
Old 25th December 2009, 14:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Lolz!!! This thread was getting boring.Now we are back on track.
Old 25th December 2009, 15:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
have you people taken the fact that the car with a tbhp sticker is possibly driven by other member's of the bhpians family and honking and flashing will make you look like a douche?
Extremely important here.

Quote:

If it is a Team-BHpian, you'll recognise each other from this secret movement. If not try the next man. If it's a Team-BHPian's parents, don't worry, they won't even believe you know their son or daughter. They'll think [i]koi pagal tha.
Brilliant idea . It would be like a Mr.Bean show.

Last edited by rk_sans : 25th December 2009 at 15:30.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:17   #36
BHPian

The morse code for BHP is -... .... .--. This could be used to indicate that a BHPan is asking for acknowledgement. The reply could be the same. Since it is only a question of . and -, both the horn and the headlight can be used depending on the time of the day..honk during the day and flash during the night!!

Last edited by neel385 : 26th December 2009 at 13:19.
Old 27th December 2009, 12:34   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
why?

why did you go all this far and screwed it up. Why SMS, why not BHP or TBHP or TEAMBHP?
Dude,

Do you think I wouldn't have considered that ?. The Morse code for BHP is kinda long. As Neel385 had put it Its ( _... space .... space .--. ) Just think of all the honking we gotta do to get this across. By the time you finish it, he would be out of hearing range.

By the way, SMS is Short Message Service, so what's wrong in sending our own short message to other BHP-ians ? That is what we are working on, right ?

I did think of words like Hi, TBHP, but it simply doesnt work in morse code. (For example Hi would .... space .. ) Dont think anyone can pick four short honks followd by two short honks.

But, I guess what Sam suggested is THE BEST of all so far. Well not the Mithun-da routine, but the other one. Continue driving, do a wave and smile. If he is a BHPian he would know this signal cos he would know that you are waving at him after seeing that sticker. well most of the times it should.

If this fails, well then go for the Mithn-da routine, it should get his attention.

Way to go Sam, ROTFL.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Sam, The Mithun Da Stint was Hillarious! . How could you come out with such a creative Idea ! Kudos.

Let's not complicate things: Lets just say "Hello" and get beaten and come out blue's if he is accompanied by his wife or girlfriend.
Old 28th December 2009, 21:23   #39
BHPian

Way too cool Dude,the way you put that across

Quote:

Old 29th December 2009, 03:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wow that was a master piece i must say.You seem to be quite an interesting person to meet up with.Cheers
Old 29th December 2009, 09:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest, Not to signal a fellow Bhpian while on the move.

1. There is no guarentee that its a Bhpian on the wheel
2.There are many instances of other Bhpians complaining of cars with stickers driving in the most insane manner.
3. A very wild thought, what if someone tries to wave at you and you stop thinking its a bhpian? what if things were to go wrong after that?

I feel the introduction of stickers were more make each other feel that we are a group, and not to flag down people while driving. I usually see a lot of cars here, and the numbers are going up as we speak. But i do not care to stop any one because of the above reasons and also because of being skeptical of meeting up with a complete stranger. In case if i run into someone when the cars are stopped then its a different story altogather. What say guys?

Pramod
Old 30th December 2009, 11:25   #42
BHPian

Its simple if you are a Jeeper..

Just push the other guy off the road, and when he finally climbs out, say Hi
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:26   #43
BANNED

During the day : Honk by pressing the left side of your horn with the left thumb & press the right side of your horn by your right thumb <----This has to be done in quick successions & repeatedly & it will sound like honk.honk.honk.honk like a trucker horn!

During the night : Flash your dippers in the S.O.S code. It goes like "dipper ON ... Dipper OFF. Dipper ON..."

The dots denote the waiting time.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

how about put out your hand and stick out 3 fingers, Index,Middle and Ring finger?
seems unique.
vinaydas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

on the three fingers sign. We may encounter a situation where the horn may not work (used to happen with my Safari - the horn just used to conk off once in a while)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks