Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2020, 19:00   #91
BHPian

Re: Team Bhp Wave/pass By Gesture

I have thought this too, in some cases I have seen its the honking when driving in parallel (one beside the other) to another BHPian's car by maintaining the same speed (if that is possible, few fly away literally) that attracts better attention and then when the eye contact is made a simple smile is enough.

Additionally putting the www.TBHP.com narrow transparent stickers on the driver side door or the A panel outside can also be intuitive.

Gestures, whether through hands or eyes, can be misunderstood in a lot of wrong and offensive ways so we should be careful considering the possibility that someone's parent or partner may be driving too.

All in all, seeing the sighting thread as well, my advice is that we should not compromise on our safety while driving in order to click a photo or gesturing. If you be safe then only you live to drive

Mods can add a poll to check the consensus.
Old 16th September 2020, 19:18   #92
BHPian

Do this and add one more thing on the list to distract us? We have more than enough nuisance-creators on our roads already.

People who want to connect, connect anyway. We can chat on the threads, send a PM, share no. and take friendship offline, have WhatsApp groups, have monthly meet-ups in different cities or even countries. I personally know and have met more than 10 Bhpians in various cities (Hyderabad, Delhi) and might have even met 100+.

I think that solves the purpose rather that showing a thumbs-up to random guy who might have bought Team-Bhp sticker for 5 bucks from a local kirana shop.

Last edited by Amit_breakfree : 16th September 2020 at 19:20.
Old 16th September 2020, 19:23   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

While the jury is out of its needed or appropriate or not.

How about a quick flash of the headlight?

Jeepers do this , especially the ones driving a Thar. Even if you are not driving a Jeep if you flash headlight at a Jeeper, he \ she is very likely to acknowledge.

Most Viewed