Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

do you guys remember the Scouts clap?

clap clap clap, clap clap clap, clap - clap - clap

so, translating that into honking:

beep beep beep, beep beep beep, beep - beep - beep

at night, this can sequence can be done using the headlights.

simble!
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Can't the useage of the horn be avoided?I see so many people suggesting the same. We'd all have to do our best in avoiding noise pollution, and there should be some other way to greet a BHPian while on the move. My 2 cents..
Also, it may not be a good idea to distract the driver in an effort to say 'hello'. A fair option might be to try and get to a stop, and then roll down your window and wave. If the person doesn't recognize you, then show a 'T' sign ( or something on the same lines) and establish contact.
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Flashing headlights and honking horns just doesn't appeal to me as a symbol of a much more responsible community of motorists. What if you met a fellow TBHPian on a busy city road? Would you keep honking or flashing your lights for tens of other vehicle drivers to see and get confused/irritated? Not my idea of TBHP.

The only sensible solution that comes to my mind is pick a place on the vehicle where the TBHP sticker can be prominently seen by another driver. Say for e.g. on the bonnet and boot. So you can see the stickers from front as well as behind. This way if you spot a car in front of you with the TBHP sticker, chances are the driver in front of you will notice it too. Then both can decide whether to pull over for a friendly chat or just keep going.

Yeah, and the sticker on the bonnet could be in reverse, so it will appear LtoR in the rear view mirror. If the size of the sticker is big enough, it's hard to miss.
Old 23rd April 2010, 00:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Yeah, and the sticker on the bonnet could be in reverse, so it will appear LtoR in the rear view mirror. If the size of the sticker is big enough, it's hard to miss.
Then the sticker has to be as big as Ambulance only

No honking please. Flashing also might give out wrong signs. Just my two cents for this:

As we are already sticking so may stickers and Members want to paste them where THEY want it to be on their ride. Can't we just have a common color sticker (small) on the front and back of the car.

Let's say two stickers in yellow radium the size of Iphone Home button on both the number plates. No legal issues as well!!

This way when you spot a Team BHP sticker, just look out for a small round yellow sticker on the number plate as well!! If there is, pull the BHpain over and chat or else, continue driving!!

What say guys??
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Let's say two stickers in yellow radium the size of Iphone Home button on both the number plates. No legal issues as well!!
Number plates, fortunately or unfortunately, can only contain that: the registration number of the vehicle, and nothing else, by law. So however small you make the stickers, putting them on the number plates will be illegal, whether or not any cops stop you.

A better idea than what I earlier proposed is to make one sticker that'll identify the TBHP members and have it stuck on the front and rear windscreens. On the front windscreen it could be stuck on the top left portion and it would read TBHP backwards. On the rear windscreen it would be stuck at the bottom right and read TBHP forwards. This way, without obstructing the driver's view ahead and in reverse, we can still have a consistent placement for the stickers and they will be prominently visible too.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:48   #51
BANNED

Drive/ride within the rules. It wouldnt be too difficult to recognise a TBHPian. No signs or banners required.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Drive/ride within the rules. It wouldnt be too difficult to recognise a TBHPian. No signs or banners required.
That is a good one!

I had suggested in the Stickers thread that we scribble our month and year of joining the forum in one corner or on one side of the sticker. That way, at least people from the forum will know that you are also a member here and then you can try catching their attention.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:24   #53
Senior - BHPian

I will stick with horns. A small but unique pattern.
And easy to do. Something like:
Hoooonk......Hooooonk..Honk..Honk

I did not come up with it. Its signature tune of BBC "The genius of Photography".
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:29   #54
BHPian

In my native place, I have often seen lorry drivers and bus drivers exchanging the victory "V" sign when they pass each other and I was always wondering as to why do they do this. Later, came to know that it was the sign for them to tell that there is a police checking going on some where ahead and guess why the "V" sign ? because, earlier the police (it seems) had Villys jeep and this symbol notation started that time, continuing even now , when police have moved to Bolero and Sumos.
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
In my native place, I have often seen lorry drivers and bus drivers exchanging the victory "V" sign when they pass each other..
i think the "V" thingy is a good idea! if you're passing a Team-BHPian, show a "V". if you're behind one, honk once and when they look in their RVM, show a "V".

personally, i think making a symbol of "T" can be problematic.

if all else fails, have a placard in your car and hold it up when you notice a Team-BHPian!
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I will stick with horns. A small but unique pattern.
And easy to do. Something like:
Hoooonk......Hooooonk..Honk..Honk

I did not come up with it. Its signature tune of BBC "The genius of Photography".
Please no horns or flashing lights. It directly interferes with normal road signalling moves by any ordinary driver. Plus in a quiet neighbourhood if you spot a TBHPian and start honking your pattern, you are likely to disturb many souls at rest. If we are to be a responsible community our endeavour as a community should be to make driving a pleasant experience not just for ourselves but also for others.

@SpitFire, believe me, apart from TBHPians, there are many other drivers who do follow the traffic rules. So simply because someone is following the traffic rules doesn't mean he is going to be a TBHPian, or if someone breaks the rules then he wouldn't be a TBHPian. I have been stopping at red signals at 10pm in nights (when even the cops have gone home, there's not a vehicle in sight as far as you can see in all directions, passengers urging me on and wondering alound why I have stopped in the middle of the road), even before I heard of TBHP.
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

Just putting TBHP stickers on their cars does not mean that all of them drive safe or happy to meet another bhpians. We do not know what is their mental condition at that moment ie. Happy/sad/angry/upset etc, so flashing head lamps or honking will make some of the people drive fast/rash etc. All are in a hurry, so flashing/honking is nothing unique.

So better follow the sticker thread and update with your spottings. if possible with pics.
Now I am familiar with many cars in Bangy and know that I can stop them next time if I spot them.

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd April 2010 at 21:16.
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:44   #58
BHPian

NO HONK PLEASE ...
We are already fed up with un-necessary hoking on the road...
Old 24th April 2010, 11:06   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Now I am familiar with many cars in Bangy and know that I can stop them next time if I spot them.
how do you intend to stop them?
Old 25th April 2010, 00:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

^^
When I am sure about the person in the other car and if they also know me, it's easy to stop them!!! isnt it? :-)

Last edited by Latheesh : 25th April 2010 at 00:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks