Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 11:45   #76
BHPian

Thanks amit for your quick response. I had been to PSK and they told me that I have to go to koramangala passport office, but when I went there I saw a notice at the counter saying that you cannot convert PSK applications to tatkal, looks like they forgot about this process completely when they started PSK.

But I have some good experience with PSK for my wife's and kids tatkal application, they received their passports in just 3 days after the application was submitted, thats real fast for a govt organization.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:08   #77
BHPian

Guys, I am a keralite and got my passport from Cochin passport office. Now it near renewal. I am in Bangalore for the last 1.3 years. Please advice whether I need to submit the renewal documents in the Cochin office or in Bangalore office?
Old 14th July 2010, 13:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

You can do it in Bangalore, as long as you have proof of residence at Bangalore - something that the cops should be able to trace. They will anyhow land at your doorstep and ask you to show your face at the nearest cop station!
Old 14th July 2010, 13:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Guys, I am a keralite and got my passport from Cochin passport office. Now it near renewal. I am in Bangalore for the last 1.3 years. Please advice whether I need to submit the renewal documents in the Cochin office or in Bangalore office?
If you are in Hurry then do it at Cochin under Tatkal scheme , Because applying for renewal in Bangalore would mean that first they will ask Cochin passport office to transfer the file and then do the normal process including police verification so you should consider 2 weeks in addition to normal passport renewal.

I had a similar case and it took 1 month for whole renewal process.

PS : You can not travel abroad if your passport at less then 6 months of expiry. Even if your trip is just 1 week most counties doe not stamp visa and in case you already have a valid visa immigration does not allow it.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:52   #80
BHPian

My Experience at Passport Seva Kendra

Sharing my experience at PSK, Outer Ring Road:
Case: Applied for renewal of Passport (Expiring this month)

Wanted to apply in Tatkal but worried because of following issues
1. Passport Issued from Bhopal,
2. Address change to current address in Bangalore (But recently shifted a new apartment in May, So had a concern with the one year condition of address)
3. Wife name to be added.

Process I followed:
1. Submitted the application online for renewal of passport at passportindia.gov.in on 12 July. Got the ARN number. Printed the application receipt.
2. Prepared 2 set of Photocopies for the following document:
a) HR Letter for Address Proof + Company id
b) ICICI Bank Statement for last year with the latest address.
c) First 2 pages & Last 2 pages of Passport
d) Marriage Certificate

3. Checked appointment for submitted application but next available appointment was on 09 August.

4. For Tatkaal, went to Mayo Hall and got the Annexure I affidavit.

5. On 15 July i.e. today, reached PSK at 3 AM. Found that there were people already standing since last night. People decided to adopt a small process to avoid chaos for token distribution (2 days back police was called to control the crowd).
People (with the help of security of PSK) decided to enter name in a sheet in the order they reached PSK. So first guy who reached at 9:00PM did the entry and rest followed.
My number was 36 in that list. Slowly more people came and they also entered their name in the list.
A queue was formed at 5:00 AM based on that list. Slowly people came and starting joining queue. There were few issues raised by people who came late but as most people were happy with the process adopted, they followed.

6. At 8:00 AM, token distribution started. I showed the online application receipt and photocopy of the supporting document, was forwarded to counter to collect the token. Got the token but it was put under normal process. On checking at the counter, I was informed that the Application processing guy will check my doc & will confirm. I moved inside to the waiting room for Application processing.

7. My number was called and I went to the application processing guy who verified my document and made a file. He took my photo using camera attached to his computer and also the finger prints.

8. I told him that I want to apply under Tatkaal but he said that my current passport is issued from Bhopal, so only Granting officer can confirm that. He added a special note in his application system that I want to apply under Tatkaal.

9. I paid the normal process fee i.e. 1500 (for 60 Pages PP) and a receipt was given to me with the file. Came out to the waiting room.

9. After sometime, I was called for Verification of document by Verification Officer. He checked all the document with the original and was fine with the documents. I told him that I want to apply under Tatkaal. He just checked whether I have Annexure I which I showed to him. He was happy & returned it saying it is not required now.

10. After Verification, came out to waiting room and waited for my call for the meeting with Granting Officer. my turn came soon and I went to her desk. I gave her my file and requested her to process my file under Tatkaal. She cross-checked the history of my Passport in her computer and approved my application for Tatkaal.
She told me to back to same Application processing guy and convert the application to Tatkaal.

11. Went back to the same application processing guy. He converted my application to Tatkaal and took additional tatkaal fees and gave me receipt. He forwarded my application for verification. Went to same verification officer who checked the application again in his system and forwards it to Granting officer.
I went to same granting officer who cross-checked my application and granted me the approval. She informed me that I should get the passport in 4 working days.

12. I said thanks to her and went to Exit gate where I was issued the acknowledgment letter.

13. Came out of Passport Office at 11:10 AM.

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 15th July 2010 at 12:54.
Old 15th July 2010, 13:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

I went through some of the postings and it seems it is very informative. I am left with three months for my renewal. I got my pass port in the Indian Embassy in abroad. Now I want to renew it what should I do. Should I get a NOC from the place of issue.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:47   #82
BHPian

Vinay, You went in at 3 AM and found people standing from last night? . Any reason you decided to go in that early? My passport is expiring in a few months time and I also have to renew it soon.
Old 16th July 2010, 08:57   #83
BHPian

@KRRaj -
Passport Seva Kendra entertain public who either have appointment or have walk-in tokens.
I have to renew my passport before next weekend and the next available appointment was in Aug. Currently, only limited number of walk-in token are distributed (for a day) in Passport Seva Kendra and I don't have any other choice other than walk-in token. As lot many people prefer walk-in token, you need to reach early to get the token.

The number of walk-in tokens to be distributed in a day is decided based on number of appointment available with the PSK. On Tue, 75 token were given, Wed - 50 token & y'day 100. You will come to know about the number of token going to be distributed only when you reach PSK early morning.

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 16th July 2010 at 09:01.
Old 16th July 2010, 09:23   #84
Senior - BHPian

Vinay, that was very exhaustive list of steps. Thanks a lot. I have some questions.

Did you submit any copies of documents attested by gazetted officers? Where did you get that done from? I am struggling to find any such people who can do it in my neighborhood.

Doesn't the BangaloreOne centers accept passport applications any longer? What about RPO offcice? Should it be only done at PSK now?

Where is the PSK located on Outer Ring Road?
Old 16th July 2010, 10:56   #85
BHPian

@vasoo - Well, all my documents were self attested.

RPO is not accepting any application now and its done through PSK, not sure on BangaloreOne, heard they are also not accepting.

PSK on ORR is located next to Advaith Hyundai showroom, just opposite to INTEL.

My suggestion is, if you are not in hurry but you need passport or your passport is expiring in next 6 months, submit your application online and take an appointment. Now, next available appointment is after Aug 15, so its better to do it when you have time instead of suffering like me by getting up early and standing in queue.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:08   #86
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vinay. I got an appointment for 12th August at Sai Arcade PSK. Saw you mentioning about taking photo on the spot. Is there no need to carry photos now? Other than supporting documents like address proof, online application receipt and required fees, are there any other documents to be carried? The website is very slow and difficult to navigate.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:31   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Thanks Vinay. I got an appointment for 12th August at Sai Arcade PSK. Saw you mentioning about taking photo on the spot. Is there no need to carry photos now? Other than supporting documents like address proof, online application receipt and required fees, are there any other documents to be carried? The website is very slow and difficult to navigate.
Hi Vasoo,
No need to carry photographs.
If you are making some other changes like addition of spouse name or some other particulars, you need to carry relevant documents with their self attested copy.
Infact I have taken all the original of documents required to issue fresh passport just to ensure if Verification Officer or Granting Officer wants something more, I can provide it. There is a photocopy facility in the waiting room and you can taken copy thr if required.

The website is good & fast after 10 PM. I submitted my wife's application for change of address & addition of my name (spouse name) last night and got the appointment for Aug 12.
Old 17th July 2010, 11:01   #88
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday there was a programme on Long wait for pass port in NDTV Hindu. It is known that it take average 4 months get a pass port in normal process. But in Tatkal process it is done in 5 days. But they are not giving Tatkal pass port with out a document which needs immediate travel abroad on study employment or emergency needs. When I was out of the country the Embassy did a great job of issuing the passport with out any hassle.Now I feel I am a refugee in my own place. Struggled a lot to include my name in voter list and finally done after 4 years of my return for good.
Old 18th July 2010, 19:23   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
PS : You can not travel abroad if your passport at less then 6 months of expiry. Even if your trip is just 1 week most counties doe not stamp visa and in case you already have a valid visa immigration does not allow it.
That is not exactly true. If you already have a valid visa, it depends on which country you are travelling to.
I was in a similar situation 2 months back, when i had to travel to US (for 2 months), and my passport would have expired after 2 months 10 days. I checked with my travel desk as well as US immigration, and both indicated that i could travel.
BTW - i did travel and my passport expired in a week after i was back. I did not face any issue from any immigration apart from them reminding me that my passport was due to expire.
Old 19th July 2010, 14:09   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Sharing my experience at PSK, Outer Ring Road:
Case: Applied for renewal of Passport (Expiring this month)

4. For Tatkaal, went to Mayo Hall and got the Annexure I affidavit.

Vinay, Now that is some info. Thanks Man for sharinf the same. Had a query over the Annexure I affidavit process at Mayo hall. Is there any point one or records in particular one should carry for the process.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed