Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 14:34   #1471
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Thanks for the reply guys, unfortunately I dont have the original aadhaar, my company is not a public Ltd company and I dont have a PSB account. In addition I dont have a post paid mobile bill, voter I card (for Hyderabad), ration card, or likes.
Get a letter from your employer even if your company is not public limited.They just mention reputed employers.Ask them to mention your DOJ if your employment is more then 1 year. They accepted mine and my employer was just a start up during that time.

Take bank statements of last one year (endorsed by the bank) with passbook (with your pic) even if it is a private bank.

Take e-aadhar as well.

I am sure they will take any two of the above as address proof.

Waseem.
Old 19th May 2014, 15:13   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Get a letter from your employer even if your company is not public limited.They just mention reputed employers.Ask them to mention your DOJ if your employment is more then 1 year. They accepted mine and my employer was just a start up during that time.

Take bank statements of last one year (endorsed by the bank) with passbook (with your pic) even if it is a private bank.

Take e-aadhar as well.

Waseem.
Thanks buddy, I'll get it done. Lets hope they'll accept it tomorrow.
Old 19th May 2014, 15:14   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Take e-aadhar as well.

Waseem.
Letter from Employer - Only the letters from PSU's are considered. Not private. Extract from the Passport India website is as follows
"Only public limited companies can give address proof on company letter head along with seal. Computerised print-outs shall not be entertained"

Bank Statement - Only Public Sector Banks statements accepted. This link shows the the list of acceptable one's
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...ress_proof.pdf

E-Aadhar - Extract as follows
"If your Aadhaar card issuance date is less than a year from passport application processing date at PSK, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the given categories."
Since E-Aadhar may not have the issuance date, I doubt its acceptance.

See if you can get documents from the list on this link
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...es&minorFlag=0

1 Water Bill
2 Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
3 Electricity bill
4 One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook of running bank account (Public Sector Banks only)
5 Income Tax Assessment Order
6 Election Commission Photo ID card
7 Proof of Gas Connection
8 Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
9 Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)
10 Applicant's current and valid ration card
11 Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
12 Aadhaar Card

Note:
(For Minor): For minor applicants, present address proof document in the name of parent(s) can be submitted.
(For Document No. 1, 2, and 3): Atleast 2 bills are required - One bill should of be of last year and the other bill of current year.
(For Document No. 4): To view the list of banks whose passbook/statement is acceptable as proof of address, click here.
(For Document No. 8): Only public limited companies can give address proof on company letter head along with seal. Computerised print-outs shall not be entertained.
(For Document No. 10): If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the given categories.
(For Document No. 12): If your Aadhaar card issuance date is less than a year from passport application processing date at PSK, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the given categories.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 19th May 2014 at 15:17.
Old 19th May 2014, 16:08   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Letter from Employer - Only the letters from PSU's are considered. Not private. Extract from the Passport India website is as follows
"Only public limited companies can give address proof on company letter head along with seal. Computerised print-outs shall not be entertained"

8 Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
You are contradicting your own post.

I had submitted my employers certificate couple of years back and was accepted, let me also reiterate that i work for a start up and the letter was produced in original.

Do you think they will not accept employer certificate from Microsoft,Google or Facebook.?

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 19th May 2014 at 16:15.
Old 19th May 2014, 17:40   #1475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are contradicting your own post.

I had submitted my employers certificate couple of years back and was accepted, let me also reiterate that i work for a start up and the letter was produced in original.

Do you think they will not accept employer certificate from Microsoft,Google or Facebook.?

Waseem.
Rules have changed from Dec 2013.
Its from December that they have stopped considering Private Bank Statements.

The contradicting statements are not mine, but from the Passport site. And the Point 8 that you mention has a note to it below stating the conditions. Hence its not contradictory.

I cannot think of what the government officers will accept at any given point of time. Because they have also mentioned this note on their site
"The information provided above is indicative. The decision of APO/RPO shall be considered final."

What I have listed is what they have mentioned on their website as requisites. And it definitely states that they will not accept Private Bank Statements + Non-PSU employer certificates. If someone wants to take a risk and go ahead, who am I to think. Neither do I have any issues with that.

You can visit the following link and find for yourself what the Passport Office thinks is required. What I think is irrelevant.
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...eReissueAction

EDIT: I recently applied for passport @ pune psk on 3rd May and hence know the requirements by heart. Hence my two cents. Nothing personal.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 19th May 2014 at 17:43.
Old 20th May 2014, 11:13   #1476
BHPian

If everything fails, would a notarised affidavit work? Otherwise I dont think I would be able to get it renewed at this time.

Well I'll get to know in another 2 hours. Will let you guys know, what worked and what didnt.

Last edited by abhimanyu_singh : 20th May 2014 at 11:15.
Old 20th May 2014, 11:58   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
"The information provided above is indicative. The decision of APO/RPO shall be considered final."
The whole problem lies here, these guys behave as if this is an autonomous university and they have a free hand.

My wife was sent back to get additional address proof in-spite of having my PP copy as one.The website clearly states that spouse PP is accepted address proof.
Quote:
If everything fails, would a notarised affidavit work? Otherwise I dont think I would be able to get it renewed at this time.

Well I'll get to know in another 2 hours. Will let you guys know, what worked and what didnt.
Notarized affidavit does not work as address proof.

Best of luck bro, just be cool and do not panic.

Waseem.
Old 20th May 2014, 13:24   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
The whole problem lies here, these guys behave as if this is an autonomous university and they have a free hand.

My wife was sent back to get additional address proof in-spite of having my PP copy as one.The website clearly states that spouse PP is accepted address proof.
Waseem.
Even I was under the impression that my PP will act as a address proof. But a last minute news that the address proof needs to be in the name of the applicant made me rush to my bank to get a copy of the passport with updated data and sign.

Guess what, my PP did not work as address proof for my better half. Her passbook worked. Wonder of wonders !
Old 20th May 2014, 18:18   #1479
BHPian

Quote:

Notarized affidavit does not work as address proof.

Best of luck bro, just be cool and do not panic.

Waseem.
Thanks for the tips Waseem Bhai... I just came back from the passport office, everything is finally done , they didnt even bother to check my aadhaar card, i.e. I had the laminated color printout and they were fine with it. Since it was a re-issue, this was the only document I had to submit.

PS: I saw many people with laminated colored printouts of e-aadhaars. I guess thats fine here.
Old 21st May 2014, 05:55   #1480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Tell me about it! I had similar issues when my wife was getting her passport renewed. My wife has an account with ICICI bank and works for a famous Indian IT company. She also had the aadhar card hard copy, but which was less than a year old. She also took along an attested copy of my passport which had her name endorsed and had the same home address. She also carried a copy of the bank statement spanning a year, reflecting this address and which also had the seal from the bank.

Wonder of wonders.. they rejected her application for renewal right at the reception counter itself, claiming insufficient documents!! All this was despite the fact that we had also gotten Police Verification done about a year ago at the same address for a different purpose!

The company HR refused to provide an address proof letter on their company letter head, and we had no other option to proceed.

Since the situation was urgent, I had to fly down from my current location to India to provide my passport in original which was then used as address proof, supplemented by her aadhar card. Must have been the most expensive passport renewal ever!!
Old 21st May 2014, 11:52   #1481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tips Waseem Bhai... I just came back from the passport office, everything is finally done , they didnt even bother to check my aadhaar card, i.e. I had the laminated color printout and they were fine with it. Since it was a re-issue, this was the only document I had to submit.

PS: I saw many people with laminated colored printouts of e-aadhaars. I guess thats fine here.
Great to know that they accept laminated colored printouts of e-aadhaar as address proof,this info will be very helpful for future references.

One question, was your aadhar card more than a year old.?

Congrats and where is the party now.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Since the situation was urgent, I had to fly down from my current location to India to provide my passport in original which was then used as address proof, supplemented by her aadhar card. Must have been the most expensive passport renewal ever!!
A friend of mine flew from Santiago to Delhi for the same reason for only 1 day. SCL-EZE-LHR-BOM-Travelling for more than 25 hours one way and the flight costed him a bomb.

Waseem.
Old 21st May 2014, 12:05   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Great to know that they accept laminated colored printouts of e-aadhaar as address proof,this info will be very helpful for future references.

One question, was your aadhar card more than a year old.?

Congrats and where is the party now.?

Waseem.
Anywhere anytime Just the police verification is left now.

As a matter of fact my Aadhaar was not more than a year old, rather 10 months old. However there is no way of knowing it by looking at the aadhaar card (just the bottom card) or the "e-aadhaar". I think acceptance of e-aadhaar might be a regional thing, i.e. this might not work in Bangalore, just saying.

In addition to that, here is the letter from Government of Rajhasthan to the Jaipur passport officer asking him to accept e-aadhaar as the address proof for passport. Have a look:

http://aadhaar.rajasthan.gov.in/User...0e-Aadhaar.pdf

I was carrying a copy of the above as well

Hope this helps.
Old 2nd June 2014, 16:18   #1483
BHPian

Not a renewal question but a fresh application one. Please direct to correct thread if its OT here. I could not find one.

I have to apply for a fresh passport for my wife. We plan to change her surname from earlier "HERSURNAME" to "HERSURNAME MYSURNAME" for all official purposes. Currently we have no official document with the new name, passport will be the first. A visit to document advisor on passport India website says surname addition/change after marriage counts as a minor change and Marriage Certificate was suggested for supporting document. We have the marriage certificate with us, and while renewing my passport earlier this year, I had got her "new" name included in my passport.

Exact document suggested was : "8025 8063 An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage". Who attests this copy?

Just want to hear from people who have gone through this process. If there is nothing else needed, should I go ahead and book an appointment?
Old 2nd June 2014, 16:31   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Exact document suggested was : "8025 8063 An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage". Who attests this copy?
The attestation need to be carried out by a Notary. They will ask for the original document as well while attesting so be sure to carry it along. You will be have to bear the attestation and stamp charges, which should be under 500/-.
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:01   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post

Just want to hear from people who have gone through this process. If there is nothing else needed, should I go ahead and book an appointment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
The attestation need to be carried out by a Notary. They will ask for the original document as well while attesting so be sure to carry it along. You will be have to bear the attestation and stamp charges, which should be under 500/-.
I am not sure if you have to get the MC attested by a notary,they have only mentioned attestation and and i presume it is self attestation.

I followed a very simple process of joint affidavit for name change in my wifey's pp.

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXURED_woman.htm

Let her also carry your PP as well (Original + couple of photocopies).

Please go ahead and book your appointment.

Waseem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks