Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 16:08   #1456
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuiser View Post
I faced the same problem last month and approached a passport agent for advice. As per him- "They have to log-in using an employee access to book a Tatkal Appointment. During the first few minutes the web traffic to the booking link is blocked." Charges (agent fee + bribe) only for an appointment is INR 2000/- in Pune.
Then this is killing the very purpose of the online booking if I have to give bribe / commission to a third party!! Will this link work after some time? Doesn't look like this is working at least for 15 mins after the booking opens at 1.30 PM.
Old 13th May 2014, 23:47   #1457
BANNED

As my 10 class certificate has wrong dob, now applied for re-issue (reason -dob change) so I'm thinking to produce only birth certificate, Birth certificate will be enough or I have to provide 10th certificate too ?
In reissue case , we have to provide proof again to get ECNR status ? as i'm thinking to provide only birth certificate with copy of passport.
Old 14th May 2014, 10:33   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Yes, you can very well do that.

Book a slot in Tatkaal and you should get your PP in 2-3 days.You can also get your address/Marital Status/Inclusion of spouse name added (if you need any) while you get your DOB Changed.

Waseem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
As my 10 class certificate has wrong dob, now applied for re-issue (reason -dob change) so I'm thinking to produce only birth certificate, Birth certificate will be enough or I have to provide 10th certificate too ?
In reissue case , we have to provide proof again to get ECNR status ? as i'm thinking to provide only birth certificate with copy of passport.

Birth certificate is more than enough as proof of DOB.

You ECNR status remains the same as i have never heard anyone's 10th certificate being revoked.

Waseem.
Old 14th May 2014, 10:58   #1459
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Need help with renewing a expired passport.

My father's Passport expired two months back. Address in the passport is of Coorg, but currently residing in Bangalore. But no more associated with Coorg, so need to renew my Passport with Bangalore's address.

For the Bangalore address, I have only voters id as address proof and nothing else. Is this enough? And will I get a new Passport number for this?

Last edited by Karthik1100 : 14th May 2014 at 11:08.
Old 14th May 2014, 11:29   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post

For the Bangalore address, I have only voters id as address proof and nothing else. Is this enough? And will I get a new Passport number for this?
Voters ID is more than enough to suffice as address proof and yes, your father will get a new PP no.

Waseem.
Old 14th May 2014, 12:02   #1461
BHPian

I have to get my passport renewed and I stay in Hyderabad, my passport has Delhi address where no one lives now. Will my current "Aadhaar card" work as my address proof?
Old 14th May 2014, 12:09   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
I have to get my passport renewed and I stay in Hyderabad, my passport has Delhi address where no one lives now. Will my current "Aadhaar card" work as my address proof?
Yes, Aadhar card is accepted as address proof.You can also carry letter from your employer stating your residential address with DOJ and statement of last one years account from your bank with passbook (with pic) as additional address proofs as well.Having secondary address proof always comes handy.

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...01&confirmDOB=

Waseem.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:32   #1463
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wouldn't bet on not taking the 10th certificate along. In my case, when I was renewing my passport which already had an ECNR status, I was asked to go back and get the 10th mark sheet for the same. May just have been my luck, but with this document being demanded by the guys at Counter B, you really can't take a chance.
Old 15th May 2014, 20:55   #1464
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I wouldn't bet on not taking the 10th certificate along. In my case, when I was renewing my passport which already had an ECNR status, I was asked to go back and get the 10th mark sheet for the same. May just have been my luck, but with this document being demanded by the guys at Counter B, you really can't take a chance.
You're right mate, these govt guys are troublemakers, thinking to tell the officer the real thing & show him both & see what he'll do.
Old 16th May 2014, 11:24   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're right mate, these govt guys are troublemakers, thinking to tell the officer the real thing & show him both & see what he'll do.
Dont axe your own feet by narrating your plight.Carry the marks card and present it only if asked.

Waseem.
Old 19th May 2014, 12:54   #1466
BHPian

I have the e-aadhar downloaded from their website as I never recieved a physical copy, would it serve as the address proof for my passport application?
Old 19th May 2014, 13:09   #1467
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
I have the e-aadhar downloaded from their website as I never recieved a physical copy, would it serve as the address proof for my passport application?
E Aadhar mostly works as an identity proof. I don't think the address is mentioned on it.
Old 19th May 2014, 13:36   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
E Aadhar mostly works as an identity proof. I don't think the address is mentioned on it.
Address is very much mentioned in Aadhar cards.

Quote:
I have the e-aadhar downloaded from their website as I never received a physical copy, would it serve as the address proof for my passport application?
They will ask for the original copy.I know couple of guys who were asked to get original copies.

The alternate address proof you can arrange are

1, Certificate from Employer of on letter head (Mentioning your DOJ) &
2, One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook (with pic) of running bank account (Public Sector Banks only).

Waseem.
Old 19th May 2014, 13:46   #1469
BHPian

Quote:

They will ask for the original copy.I know couple of guys who were asked to get original copies.

2, One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook (with pic) of running bank account (Public Sector Banks only).

Waseem.
Thanks for the reply guys, unfortunately I dont have the original aadhaar, my company is not a public Ltd company and I dont have a PSB account. In addition I dont have a post paid mobile bill, voter I card (for Hyderabad), ration card, or likes.

So I'm left with what I have

- e aadhaar card
- Sales deed of my house (original is with the bank, i have the photocopy) along with the bank loan document
- electricity bills (but they are from the Society and not the government)

What other options do I have? Its last minute as I was banking on my e-aadhaar till now and I have my appointment tomorrow.
Old 19th May 2014, 14:14   #1470
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

E-Aadhar is accepted as original. They keep on saying this on the website so you can put that forward.
Ive forgotten what my aadhar card looks like because I filed it away somewhere as soon as I got it considering that it is not the most useful thing in the world which requires keeping it close to ones person

Quote:

Waseem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks