Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 17:16   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
This is pointless. If you do not like something about a car, please do not be just plain dismissive about it.

Being impartial, the Polo is a great deal in everything except engine refinement and performance.
So engine refinement and performance is irrelevant for taking on Rhino?
OK. But I say taking on Rhino is irrelevant for buying a car.

Oh...and a car is great deal except engine refinement and performance... - may be simply because it can take on a Rhino???

In either case this has nothing to do with Polo TD thread. That thread is for people who "seriously" TD a 3 cylinder car - I run out of smiley quota here!!!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 19th May 2010 at 17:19.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:24   #107
Senior - BHPian

^^ Anand, it is not asking you to buy a Polo because it is taking on a Rhino. It is suggesting you NOT TO TAKE ON A RHINO if you want to test their car, but to trust the VW's word. (Now don't come after me with the Skoda example, I am not suggesting the same, I am only expressing what the ad tries (and seems to have failed miserably) to convey.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:44   #108
Senior - BHPian

This thread just serves as one of the biggest example of making a mountain out of molehill. Or whatever. I just hope that a Rhino does not see that Polo ad and neither this thread. And actually pondering why am I even checking the posts and replying, probably having too much of free time. I better run off to the Travelogue section instead. May be there will be some real rhino sightings there.

Carry on guys, I'll come back after some time ;-)
Old 19th May 2010, 17:47   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Oh...and a car is great deal except engine refinement and performance... - may be simply because it can take on a Rhino???

In either case this has nothing to do with Polo TD thread. That thread is for people who "seriously" TD a 3 cylinder car - I run out of smiley quota here!!!
Ads like these are for masses to connect to the car and may not suit the taste of the BHPians. VW wants to create a mental picture of Rhino in people's minds to highlight the build quality.
When VW did a roadblock ad in TOI some time back, people were worried about the spendthrift nature of VW.
If you go by the taste of people present on the forum Maruti, would not have become the top selling car brand in India.

Last edited by poloman : 19th May 2010 at 17:52.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:57   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes.

I never told you to take on a Rhino. Neither did VW.

Wonder what gave you that idea!

Quote:
Perhaps for you.

For me, its the most important thing.

I hunt Rhinos for a living, and the Polo suits my need perfectly.

Quote:
You know mate... I don't like the Polo or the 3 cylinder either. But looks like you took VW's decision to launch the engine very very personally.

What do you think about dragging them to court?
How could they launch a 3 cylinder after all! They need to be whipped to death.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd May 2010 at 16:46. Reason: Sorry, saw your reported post rather late - and this post already seems to have many replies. Hence, leaving it as is.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:16   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What do you think about dragging them to court?
How could they launch a 3 cylinder after all! They need to be whipped to death.
No, they need to be laughed at.
Now only if I could tell this to that Rhino - "Rhino-man, don't take that loud horn too seriously - (or personally in your terms), that thing runs (or walks) on a 3 cylinder motor - go catch it throw it off".

BTW, do you belive that having a good loud horn and using it in the forest actually helps in catching a Rhino? Seriously...
Old 19th May 2010, 18:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Perhaps for you.

For me, its the most important thing.

I hunt Rhinos for a living, and the Polo suits my need perfectly.

More provocation from VW. This in online world.
Attached Thumbnails
Latest VW Ad - TOI - Good or Bad taste? And Socially Responsible or Irresponsible?-polo.jpg  

Old 20th May 2010, 08:51   #113
BHPian

Quote:
No, they need to be laughed at.
Now only if I could tell this to that Rhino - "Rhino-man, don't take that loud horn too seriously - (or personally in your terms), that thing runs (or walks) on a 3 cylinder motor - go catch it throw it off".

BTW, do you belive that having a good loud horn and using it in the forest actually helps in catching a Rhino? Seriously...
First of all I don't like Polo, specially after test driving the car for a friend of mine, but it has nothing to do with how many cylinder the car has, people don't buy cylinders they buy the whole car, in that context Maruti Alto & 800, hyundai accent and some other populer cars have 3 cylinder but it did not effect the sales numbers. The car Polo on a totality is a joke, with nothing so special about it features, very ordinary interiors, leg room, dumb look. And it can not take a Rhino on, infact dogs might chase it away, and I don't like the ad it shows on TV, and that is more important to this thread.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:14   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Ads like these are for masses to connect to the car and may not suit the taste of the BHPians. VW wants to create a mental picture of Rhino in people's minds to highlight the build quality.
When VW did a roadblock ad in TOI some time back, people were worried about the spendthrift nature of VW.
If you go by the taste of people present on the forum Maruti, would not have become the top selling car brand in India.
This is why I said the ad campaign failed miserably in what they wanted to convey and ended up exactly opposite.
Anyway, this is my last visit to this post and I resign, along with kaushik_S and dont want to be . unsubscribe.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 20th May 2010 at 09:15.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:17   #115
Senior - BHPian

The reason they have taken the Rhino is because they are so heavy that they cannot be lifted in the air !!!
I have taken on a Moose (accident of course). I was lucky it did not hit my windshield since it was bulky and strong and just damaged the front end.

Last edited by srishiva : 20th May 2010 at 09:18.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:54   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
First of all I don't like Polo, specially after test driving the car for a friend of mine, but it has nothing to do with how many cylinder the car has, people don't buy cylinders they buy the whole car, in that context Maruti Alto & 800, hyundai accent and some other populer cars have 3 cylinder but it did not effect the sales numbers. The car Polo on a totality is a joke, with nothing so special about it features, very ordinary interiors, leg room, dumb look. And it can not take a Rhino on, infact dogs might chase it away, and I don't like the ad it shows on TV, and that is more important to this thread.
Hmmm...The 3 cylinder Alto, 800, Accent...POLO...pure adrenalin rush...I must say...

And BTW, Rhino is also available as an ugly looking Qualis styled (styled???) boat on the road made by International Tractors, I think...not sure if Polo can take that creature on either...

Last edited by anandpadhye : 20th May 2010 at 10:56.
Old 20th May 2010, 11:11   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe they meant this Rhino?

Latest VW Ad - TOI - Good or Bad taste? And Socially Responsible or Irresponsible?-rhino_1.jpg
Old 20th May 2010, 22:53   #118
Senior - BHPian

Please! I think this thread is going out of proportion.
Old 21st May 2010, 03:53   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Please! I think this thread is going out of proportion.
it was out of proportion with the OP's first post. This is stupid and ridiculous.
Old 21st May 2010, 09:15   #120
BHPian

@Shankar - do you have any update on your complain? we still see the ads on tv on ground clearence, but not the other ones
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks