Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 23:40   #9076
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

I rate Manish much higher than Rahane in shorter formats. Sadly, he doesn't have the kind of backing rahane enjoys with former and current captain. In any case dhawan has played his last match. Only a blind fool will select him again.
Old 22nd January 2017, 23:43   #9077
PPS
Senior - BHPian

That 6 which Bumrah conceded of the free hit proved costly in the end! Not sure if the umpire's goofed up by getting Morgan on strike as the replays weren't shown whether the batsman crossed or not of previous delivery.
Old 30th January 2017, 00:02   #9078
PPS
Senior - BHPian

India really lucky to scrape through to a win all thanks to Bumrah! England definitely are playing the better cricket here. Some tactical blunders could have easily costed us the game like sending Manish Pandey ahead of Dhoni & those no-balls which are bowlers keep bowling.
Pant has to open the innings & Pandey has to be dropped. Dhoni can't be batting any lower than no.5. Yuvraj, Raina & Virat have to come to the party in the next game.
Old 30th January 2017, 12:51   #9079
Senior - BHPian

I was just wondering where Harsha Bhogle is these days? Haven't heard his commentary from quite some time.

Or may be I am not following cricket as I used to follow in Ganguly/Tendular /Dravid Era!
Old 30th January 2017, 13:20   #9080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I was just wondering where Harsha Bhogle is these days? Haven't heard his commentary from quite some time.

Or may be I am not following cricket as I used to follow in Ganguly/Tendular /Dravid Era!
He is out of favour with BCCI ! Was some time ago.
Old 30th January 2017, 13:22   #9081
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Long story put short:
Many Indian players were uncomfortable with him because he was too straight forward and not very India-centric
Not taking his name, (but obviously pointing at Bhogle) Amitabh Bachchan had also tweeted that our commentators should speak more about our players.
MSD retweeted his post saying "nothing more to add"
Virat Kohli once refused to be interviewed by him it seems
He apparently also had a heated argument Official at Vidharbha Cricket association because he had to run around the stadium a lot to switch between hindi and English Commentary boxes because he was not given access to a short route passing through VIP area.

With all these, he was removed from the BCCI commentators list. He is now in Cricbuzz.com
Old 30th January 2017, 13:24   #9082
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

He was sacked by the BCCI almost a year ago. Apparently Dhoni and Amitabh Bachhan (!!!) thought that he unfairly criticised India.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/56724924.cms
Old 30th January 2017, 13:49   #9083
BHPian

Quote:

He did given an interview regarding this recently.

Source
Old 30th January 2017, 14:37   #9084
BHPian

Well, Harsha is just a pretty average commentator. You should really listen to Sky Sports commentary and Channel-9 commentary and see the difference that we have between those English & Australian commentators and the Indian commentators. Very rarely we get any cricketing insights at all from Harsha. Mind you there are a number of non-cricketers commentators from England/Australia and they do much better. Half of the time of Harsha's commentary would be spent on gossiping and praising his fellow commentators and BCCI. I think it was purely non-performance based on which he was not considered and I don't miss him at all.In fact some the above comments hold good for Sanjay Manjrekar as well. As an audience we really expect the commentators to talk about what might happen rather than explaining what had happen which the audience themselves can work it out!
Old 30th January 2017, 14:44   #9085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Well, Harsha is just a pretty average commentator. You should really listen to Sky Sports commentary and Channel-9 commentary and see the difference that we have between those English & Australian commentators and the Indian commentators. Very rarely we get any cricketing insights at all from Harsha. Mind you there are a number of non-cricketers commentators from England/Australia and they do much better. Half of the time of Harsha's commentary would be spent on gossiping and praising his fellow commentators and BCCI. I think it was purely non-performance based on which he was not considered and I don't miss him at all.In fact some the above comments hold good for Sanjay Manjrekar as well. As an audience we really expect the commentators to talk about what might happen rather than explaining what had happen which the audience themselves can work it out!
Comparing to commentary from Gavaskar, Ravi Shasthri, Sanjay Manjrekar and the group, Harsha Bhogle was much better. Hate Sanjay and Gavaskar commentary the most
Old 30th January 2017, 14:51   #9086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Comparing to commentary from Gavaskar, Ravi Shasthri, Sanjay Manjrekar and the group, Harsha Bhogle was much better. Hate Sanjay and Gavaskar commentary the most
I don't dis-agree with you . We need some fresh voices in Indian cricketing scene. Listening to Michael Clarke and Ricky Ponting's commentary in the BBL was quite refreshing and couple of years ago Ricky grilled KP about the England issues and that was during a BBL match. Unfortunately Indian commentary scene is a monopoly, listening to the same old voices who praise each other. Mukul Kesavan wrote an excellent article about this couple of years back.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/901103.html
Old 9th February 2017, 11:50   #9087
Distinguished - BHPian

Rahul is a Feast or Famine Batsman.
After his feast of 199 runs, today was his fast with just 2 runs
Hopefully he turns this around and if he does, we will have a solid opening pair.

The Cricket Thread-capture.jpg
Old 9th February 2017, 11:56   #9088
Team-BHP Support

I missed the toss and the subsequent discussions on TV. Why are we playing 3 seamers today ?
Old 9th February 2017, 12:18   #9089
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I missed the toss and the subsequent discussions on TV. Why are we playing 3 seamers today ?
More importantly, I can't believe Rahane has been given a place ahead of Karun Nair who is fresh from his unbeaten triple!
Old 9th February 2017, 12:29   #9090
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
More importantly, I can't believe Rahane has been given a place ahead of Karun Nair who is fresh from his unbeaten triple!
That was a given, and a correct decision IMO. Rahane has done fantastically well in the past two years in India, and more importantly - overseas. He should be the third pick in the eleven after Kohli & Pujara.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks