Team-BHP - Gardening experts in Team BHP?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Gardening experts in Team BHP? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/89939-gardening-experts-team-bhp-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 3004861)
Whats wrong with tap water ? I use tap water for plants and they grow just fine . Why do you want to use filter water ?

I agree with girimajiananth,I too use tap water in my gardens for roses and few other plants which are salt sensitive.For those plant who hv matured I mix tap water with borewell water because garden is big and water supply is less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 3004043)
Where exactly on Kanakapura Road is this? Have been wanting to go there for a long time.

It is actually on KR Road (parallel to Kanakapura Road) near Yediyur Lake. They have a much larger (and really nice) place on Kengeri-Uttarahalli link road (Near RNSIT).

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 3004861)
Whats wrong with tap water ? I use tap water for plants and they grow just fine . Why do you want to use filter water ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECM (Post 3005259)
I agree with girimajiananth,I too use tap water in my gardens for roses and few other plants which are salt sensitive.For those plant who hv matured I mix tap water with borewell water because garden is big and water supply is less.

Nothing specific why I was not using tap water. Going forward will not use it :thumbs up

After some search, finally got a unused pot from my apartment. After washing it, came to know its not made of clay, but cement I believe. Is that ok?

Then I removed the plant from the plastic pot and cleaned the roots in running water. Here is a snap of it.

Gardening experts in Team BHP?-20130102_193157.jpg

This is how the plant in her new house looks.

Gardening experts in Team BHP?-20130103_075615.jpg

But yet to get any manure, as I have to travel a long distance and cant do that in weekdays.

Great job done,those black color roots are effected ones.There is a hope as I can see whitish small roots formating around.No prob with cement pot and it should do the job.
Tap water is must for roses because it has all the minerals inside.I give you classic example,when we were using RO system at our home,suddenly all of us found lacking B12 in blood and we stopped using the RO water from then onwards.This is how mineral works in living body and water is very important material to supply those minerals.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3005502)
Nothing specific why I was not using tap water. Going forward will not use it :thumbs up

After some search, finally got a unused pot from my apartment. After washing it, came to know its not made of clay, but cement I believe. Is that ok?

But yet to get any manure, as I have to travel a long distance and cant do that in weekdays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECM (Post 3005602)
Great job done,those black color roots are effected ones.There is a hope as I can see whitish small roots formating around.No prob with cement pot and it should do the job.
Tap water is must for roses because it has all the minerals inside.I give you classic example,when we were using RO system at our home,suddenly all of us found lacking B12 in blood and we stopped using the RO water from then onwards.This is how mineral works in living body and water is very important material to supply those minerals.

Should I remove those black roots, till now I haven't. Also can see the new leaves are losing their lives. It is because due to change in sand and pot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3005769)
Should I remove those black roots, till now I haven't. Also can see the new leaves are losing their lives. It is because due to change in sand and pot?

Leave the roots as it is , have you made a small hole below the pot for excess water to drain ? Looks like the roots are rotten. I havent faced such situations before . Make sure that excess water seeps out of the pot .

Technically the answer is Yes,inection of fungus can spread in other roots but few things which are there which imho feel that leave them as it is-
*Your plant is not healthy.
*New Roots are not healthy hence they cannot feed the plant fully,like you are towing a car with the help of a Luna moped!
For new leaves problem,it is called Shock.Don't think of much as in any case the new bud which has grown up in your plant is small type and not going to bear new roses.(See your pic.)
Plant should settle down in a week time,till then keep your fingures crossed.Do not over feed it and keep it in sunlight for atleast 2-3 hrs.All the best.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3005769)

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 3005896)
Leave the roots as it is , have you made a small hole below the pot for excess water to drain ? Looks like the roots are rotten. I havent faced such situations before . Make sure that excess water seeps out of the pot .

The pot already had a hole at its bottom :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECM (Post 3005971)
Technically the answer is Yes,inection of fungus can spread in other roots but few things which are there which imho feel that leave them as it is-
*Your plant is not healthy.
*New Roots are not healthy hence they cannot feed the plant fully,like you are towing a car with the help of a Luna moped!
For new leaves problem,it is called Shock.Don't think of much as in any case the new bud which has grown up in your plant is small type and not going to bear new roses.(See your pic.)
Plant should settle down in a week time,till then keep your fingures crossed.Do not over feed it and keep it in sunlight for atleast 2-3 hrs.All the best.

Even I felt the same. When we initially moved her from the plastic cover to the plastic pot, she died slowly and regained back in a week.
As of now, I have kept her buried in the sand for a couple of inches. The black color roots are so long than the other, so thought she would need more space below the pot to branch her roots.

Now here is the process to clean roots,I intentionally avoid posting it because if anything goes wrong,plant would have died.
Use 3% H2O2-hydrogen Peroxide,this is easily available at medical stores.
You need to dilute this in water,Use this diluted solution to clean roots.Just repeating again-you need NOT do this,its for future use.
1 cup of water and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of H2O2.
If one needs more quantity,then take 4 lts. of water and add 1/2 cup of H2O2.Give full bath to roots.
One can also spray this on fungusy plants and in this case take amount is 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon of H2O2 or 4 lts of water and 1 cup of H2O2.
This H2O2 is 3%%w/w.
I use concentrated cow urine which is thick and dark brown,I take 6 ml and dilute it to 1lt.of water and spray on plants.
Disclaimer:-Double check for safety measures while using H2O2.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3006044)
The pot already had a hole at its bottom :thumbs up

The black color roots are so long than the other, so thought she would need more space below the pot to branch her roots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECM (Post 3006106)
Now here is the process to clean roots,I intentionally avoid posting it because if anything goes wrong,plant would have died.
Use 3% H2O2-hydrogen Peroxide,this is easily available at medical stores.
You need to dilute this in water,Use this diluted solution to clean roots.Just repeating again-you need NOT do this,its for future use.
1 cup of water and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of H2O2.
If one needs more quantity,then take 4 lts. of water and add 1/2 cup of H2O2.Give full bath to roots.
One can also spray this on fungusy plants and in this case take amount is 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon of H2O2 or 4 lts of water and 1 cup of H2O2.
This H2O2 is 3%%w/w.
I use concentrated cow urine which is thick and dark brown,I take 6 ml and dilute it to 1lt.of water and spray on plants.
Disclaimer:-Double check for safety measures while using H2O2.

Dude that's some real chemistry stuff lol:
Anyways it goes straight to my notes for further uses.

Here are my Roses which are 3 days old.Water sprayed just to look them fresh,avoid this practice in the evening atleast else get ready for fungus attack!One can do this in morning only with a condition of inuf sunlight availability.
I do not use any synthetic fetrilizers/pests,I am natural pharming lover so all this comes from mother nature,look at the size of leaves which are approx.2 inches long.Small stems below the rose flowers are meant for pruning in next couple of days.I spray cow urine diluted in a water on plants and it just keep my plants fit and fine.
Last pic is of dried flowers and Bajra which wife decorates in flower pot in drawing room,thats her hobby.Problem is each time she is eager to pick those dried stuff and most of time its too early job done by her!:uncontrol

Current orchid in bloom!

Gardening experts in Team BHP?-dsc03986.jpg

Cheers!

Orchid in bloom.

Gardening experts in Team BHP?-dsc04235.jpg

Cheers!

Azalea in bloom.

Gardening experts in Team BHP?-20130824_103746.jpg

Cheers!

For interested folks, UAS is conducting Urban Krishi Mela tomorrow & day after @ GKVK campus in B'lore. Focus is on terrace gardening esp veggies. Stalls selling seeds/seedlings, etc expected as in the case of regular melas.
http://www.urbankrishimela.in