Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 18:18   #136
BHPian

@N_C:- Do inform the HDFC guys about this issue, a safe method of payment can be incovenient. They will surely act upon your complaint.
Old 25th August 2008, 20:25   #137
Senior - BHPian

I always leave the tip in cash. I try not to add the tip to the charge slip. I put a - and write the total again. Then when they get back the card, I use cash for the tip.
Old 30th August 2008, 11:28   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Received a Call Claiming to be from Barclaycard - Asking for Card Expiry Date!!

I use a Barclays Credit Card.
On 29th august 2008 I recevied a call from this number, +91 1145582500 claiming to be from Barclaycard. The person on the card claimed that Barclays has selected some 120 customers from the 6000 customers they have in Chennai for a free gift offer. He asked me to give my Card Expiry Date so that he could check if I'm one of the selected 120 I suspected it to be a fraudster and didn't give my Card Expiry Date.
I have sent an e-mail to Barclaycard on the same and have asked the following questions,

Quote: "Now I don't expect Barclaycard to call up and ask my Card Expiry Date. If at all it is yes, could you please let me know why a Cardholder should be asked his Card Expiry Date?
If it wasn't from Barclaycard I request you to kindly warn un suspecting customers and take necessary action."

Any of you received such calls?

Last edited by kiku007 : 30th August 2008 at 11:31.
Old 30th August 2008, 21:18   #139
BHPian

dude u just saved urself a few $$$ and lot of tension.

Simple rule...Card company have all ur details in there system..they need not call u and ask for the same for any reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I use a Barclays Credit Card.
If it wasn't from Barclaycard I request you to kindly warn un suspecting customers and take necessary action."

Old 30th August 2008, 23:33   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

Once I got a call from Barclays Bank. The guy explained me about their card etc. Then he says "...Please get me a copy of your ID card sir. You can get other documents tomorrow. I'm just outside your office...". I told him to ask me whether I was interested first and asked him not to call me again. Those guys are simply too much.
Old 31st August 2008, 12:42   #141
BHPian

Once the customer service executive in HDFC bank card asked for my PIN number. I blasted at her. Better report to bank directly these things
Old 31st August 2008, 15:30   #142
Senior - BHPian

A lot of people have had bad expereinces with different bank's credit cards but I was lucky enough to have a very pleasant expereince with HDFC Bank.

When the cricket world cup was on in West Indies, my credit card statement showed a online transaction of approx USD 100 or Rs.45xx. I called up HDFC Bank's credit card helpline and they asked me fax a dispute letter for the amount concerned. I did my share of investigation and found that the money was used for a visa to the West Indies!

I told the bank that I will not pay for the disputed amount and faxed them the letter immediately. About 5-6 weeks later I got a letter saying that the charges have been reversed. It was that simple and easy. I was really surprised at the quiet efficiency shown by the bank in dealing with my case.

Let me add here, that what probably worked in my favour was that the transaction was online and hence no signed transaction slip and the bigger point was that I disputed an amount of Rs.45xx while a bigger amount of Rs.75xx which was not disputed.

As for the netsafe card, I have done the same and when I told the adlabs and fame counter guys about it, they just asked me to write down my phone number of some form and issued me the tickets promptly.
Old 31st August 2008, 19:02   #143
BHPian

Wow I've had absolutely wonderful experiences with HSBC. In fact I prefer it to all other cards.
Have the HSBC Premium card as an add-on to my dad's card, and it's just so sweet! The sexiest card in all black, and a ton of premium features, it's the best card if you travel out of the country a lot. In my dad's case, he's never charged a late fee, no matter how late he is in paying the bill. It is truely free for life as long as you are a premium member etc...

I used to have an AmEx Platinum card, but faced a lot of issues with people calling me and wasting my time. HSBC never bugs me.
ICICI bugs me the most, to the extent that I have to request the premium banking department to please stop calling me to inform me about new offers. They're trying to hardsell a CC to me Free lifetime etc...But how many credit cards does one need?

cheers:
DocG

PS: I didn't know about HSBC not having a service charge when billing fuel to your card...wow guess my CC usage is gonna go up now
Old 31st August 2008, 21:48   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Pavan: How much was the expense(incurred by you) on which the interest was being charged?
My outstanding was at Principal- 58632/- Interest- 21500/- Totally-81k at that point of time, since i decided to close the card i am supposed to pay only the principle amt with a bit of discount on the interest part.

But instead of closing my card they sent me a letter asking me to continue with the card with added facilities, But on the whole no closure is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
This "settlement" stays on your CIBIL profile for quite some time ( 7 years I guess ).

Not saying that you should pay the whole amount bank is asking for, but keep in mind that bank will report that as "write off" to CIBIL.

Only matters if you are planning to take a home loan in next few years.

I was asked to close the card with excess interest totalling upto 1.05 lacs, which i plainly refused.

Its been 11 months since, i've been offered closure only last 2 weeks ago with an amount of 1.03 lacs as per their terms and conditions which i am again refusing.

My point is very simple " I need a closure letter on full settlement at one shot and amount under the lac bracket(i am ready to bear extra interest) and a letter stating my name is removed from the CIBIL history the moment i pay up.

I am still awaiting their response from them, will anyways walk into their office this week to know the status.

I've used up my savings for the home loan part so would'nt require one from any Bankers
Old 31st August 2008, 22:00   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
" I need a closure letter on full settlement at one shot and amount under the lac bracket(i am ready to bear extra interest) and a letter stating my name is removed from the CIBIL history the moment i pay up.
I've used up my savings for the home loan part so would'nt require one from any Bankers
Not sure if CIBIL will act even if bank agrees not to report "settlement/write off". Your report would already have "delayed payment" and "aged loan" remarks.

Banks do not have much control over CIBIL report other then sending them status.

However since you do not need any big loan so CIBIL score hardly matters to you

Only remote issue could be if you are director of some public/private ltd company and trying to raise capital. These decisions depend on credit rating of company, but financial history of directors plays some part as well.
Old 12th September 2008, 10:21   #146
Senior - BHPian

Readers Digest double charge my card!

This was one thing I least expected, but was worried about, when I signed and send across the auto-debit form!

Had got a offer letter from Reader Digest (RD) which said they are giving subscription at reduced rate for ICICI customers. Although I am not comfortable with auto-debits (I have only airtel with auto-debit in my card and that too, it was done 3 years back), but thought that these RD guys are not your run-of-the-mill organization to do such goof ups.

Well, they did. My card got charged two times for the same amount for the yearly subscription. Worst part, I am yet to get any issue!

Tried writing to their mails id given in their web site, and no response. Called them up in their Bombay number, and no response. Called the Bangalore office and a person said that all operations are now done from Bombay office!

What the hell!!!

Does anyone know any working contact details of RD?

If nothing else, I will have to dispute this amount. But for that, ICICI told me that I will have to de-activate my card till the dispute is solved, which I am not comfortable with!
Old 12th September 2008, 10:33   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
TIf nothing else, I will have to dispute this amount. But for that, ICICI told me that I will have to de-activate my card till the dispute is solved, which I am not comfortable with!
1. Did not the B'lore guys have the contact info the the Mumbai office?
2. If that is the only way, you have no choice - deactivate ICICI card. Go in for some other card in the interim.
Old 12th September 2008, 10:42   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
1. Did not the B'lore guys have the contact info the the Mumbai office?
2. If that is the only way, you have no choice - deactivate ICICI card. Go in for some other card in the interim.
Deactivating will not help as the card is already used. Even you do that ICICI will ask the money. As said by bkstdriver check for proper numbers/email id from their Bangalore office.It happend couple of times especially with Petrol pumps that they charge 2 times but when i went there personally they offer me to take the money or buy petrol worth that amount. I am not sure abt this but you can file a complaint at banking ombudsman which bank has to take care.

Last edited by aka_iitd : 12th September 2008 at 10:44.
Old 12th September 2008, 10:57   #149
Senior - BHPian

BSD,
The Bangalore person did give me a number of the Mumbai office, but no response on that also. Called the Bangalore person and asked for an alternate number, but none available!

Aka,
You are right about the card already being used. Don't know how it works, if I did dispute it thru the bank.

Let me try for some more time today and send a reminder email for my earlier mail.
Old 12th September 2008, 11:16   #150
Senior - BHPian

Best Option: Put the dispute request in with ICICI showing that its a double charge for same subscription.

Readers Digest will not be able to do anything on the double transaction for the card, except for feeling sorry.

Usually it is resolved within 2 weeks and they might re-issue you a new card after it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks