Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2014, 10:52   #1636
J.Ravi

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I was looking for a card, which provides discounts on Dining and Movies (tickets).
I get 25% cash-back on movie tickets subject to a maximum of ₹1,000/year apart from 2.5% surcharge waiver on fuel plus reward points for other transactions barring fuel and movies, when I use my chip-embedded Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card. The same are available on my Axis Bank Priority debit card too.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 11th July 2014 at 10:56.

Old 11th July 2014, 10:58   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone using Citibank rewards card? I was looking for a card, which provides discounts on Dining and Movies (tickets).
I think all Citibank card products have Dining discounts. As for movies, my Citibank debit (not credit) card has a buy-one-get-one-free offer on Bookmyshow with a monthly cap of Rs. 1000 (BMS's service charges have to be paid, but that is 0 if you are in Mumbai).
Old 11th July 2014, 11:03   #1638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Alert:
Just now received a call from 9211076947

She:Sir we are calling to confirm some personal information to update the credit card database
Me :Which card?
She:the one you hold
Me:I might hold many, which one are you from?
She:Whichever, ICI (not even ICICI), Axis bank etc
This repeated some 3 times and I hung up.
I got similar calls some months ago. One even claimed to be calling from RBI, Mumbai! After 1 or 2 times, I simply used to say, I don't use any CC/DC. They would just drop the call!

When I checked the numbers later, it was mostly Airtel-JH. I forwarded both the numbers to 1909 as telemarketers. Got a response for one that the connection has been disconnected.
Old 11th July 2014, 11:39   #1639
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
I also received the same SMS at 3:17 pm today. I think gradually bank will introduce chip ATM/Debit card.
I am surprised that how is SCB that slow. I have had a chipped SBI Platinum ATM card for over two (maybe three) years,
Old 11th July 2014, 12:10   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am surprised that how is SCB that slow. I have had a chipped SBI Platinum ATM card for over two (maybe three) years,
And there was an RBI deadline of 30/11/2013 to make all debit cards chip-enabled.
Old 11th July 2014, 22:20   #1641
Senior - BHPian

(Apologies for the back-to-back posts, they are separated by several hours and are about completely different topics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Today i received a letter from HDFC Bank saying my VISA Signature Card will be upgraded to Regalia Card automatically as the existing VISA Signature Card is Phased Out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I haven't received any letter, but today when I logged into my netbanking I saw a new card, "Jet Privilege HDFC Bank World Card"
So I received no letter (unlike CRV2010) but got the new card. I did not even open the package; instead spent Rs. 45 to speedpost it back to HDFC Bank, with a covering letter telling them it is for me to decide the product I use and not for them to force upon me what they feel I ought to use. I also told them that they have shared my personal and professional details with Jet Airways without my permission (I got JP enrollment email at my work address) which is a serious breach of trust. I have demanded several things (including reimbursement of the speedpost expense :-); let us see what comes out of it.

For the time being, the old card continues to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Ask HDFC about Titanium Edge.
Thanks. Will do.
Old 11th July 2014, 23:59   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
(Apologies for the back-to-back posts, they are separated by several hours and are about completely different topics)

So I received no letter (unlike CRV2010) but got the new card. I did not even open the package; instead spent Rs. 45 to speedpost it back to HDFC Bank, with a covering letter telling them it is for me to decide the product I use and not for them to force upon me what they feel I ought to use. I also told them that they have shared my personal and professional details with Jet Airways without my permission (I got JP enrollment email at my work address) which is a serious breach of trust. I have demanded several things (including reimbursement of the speedpost expense :-); let us see what comes out of it.

For the time being, the old card continues to work.

Thanks. Will do.
binand, I would have suggested you calling their customer care and talk to them for downgrading back to your old card.
Old 12th July 2014, 08:33   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
binand, I would have suggested you calling their customer care and talk to them for downgrading back to your old card.
I don't call their customer care. The times I have had to deal with their customer care have been particularly frustrating. I find spending Rs. 45 on a printed and signed letter much better in eliciting responses from service providers that are from people authorized and have the appropriate level of responsibility and are capable of taking decisive action.

Second, I want the paper trail in case this goes to the Banking Ombudsman. I am quite upset about them sharing my personal and professional details (and they have access to a lot of such details, make no mistake) with Jet Airways.

Third, downgrading the card is not even the least of my worries. I can easily let go of this card - I have other cards with 7-figure credit limits, and the only reason I am holding on to this one is the fuel surcharge refund. But of course, there are many other cards that offer this feature.
Old 22nd July 2014, 20:17   #1644

Can some one please comment if it is better to redeem the reward points on the credit card for cash or to keep on accumulating for some better option.
Old 28th July 2014, 17:12   #1645
BHPian

Just received a call from a company called 'aura seven'. Since my credit history was very good, they had an offer for me. Some free goodies from Axe and another brand (I missed the name), a cashback/discount card (5-30%, depending on the seller) and a holiday for family, valid for a year. The interesting part was, the guy on the phone never mentioned the name of the card-issuing bank. So I was on my guard.

When I patiently listened to the whole sales talk, the guy offered me to transfer to the IVR system for authorization of payment of INR 7999. When I asked for time to think, he was offended .

I specifically asked for the name in which the amount would be charged. The guy was clueless. When I asked again, he involved another person (possibly his supervisor), and that was when I first heard the name 'Aura Seven'. Further research (courtesy google) revealed that there are many complaints on consumer forums, and a few good words, too.

I think I will let it pass.
Old 29th July 2014, 12:09   #1646
Senior - BHPian

In terms of credit cards, HDFC has not been keen on giving me a chip enabled card even though all my big ticket purchases have been on that card.
On the other hand, ICICI was proactive and gave me a chip enabled card, even though the old card was far from its expiry date.

HDFC said that I have to go for a card with annual fees if I want the chip enabled card, which did not make sense to me.

The only advantage with HDFC for me is the petrol surcharge waiver across all pumps in India. If they are going to revoke that after 14 August, then it is time for me to look for some other provider.
Old 29th July 2014, 14:33   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The only advantage with HDFC for me is the petrol surcharge waiver across all pumps in India. If they are going to revoke that after 14 August, then it is time for me to look for some other provider.
Are they going to do that? That, and the Rs. 2 Mumbai airport lounge access held me to HDFC so far. I can live without the latter if the former is going away.

What are the current options when it comes to fuel surcharge waiver across all pumps including private sector ones?
Old 30th July 2014, 15:52   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone using Citibank rewards card? I was looking
for a card, which provides discounts on Dining and Movies (tickets).
I am using a Rewards card and swiped it in Pizza Hut last month and didn't get any discount or cash back. Should we ask for it or it is done automatically?
Old 30th July 2014, 15:54   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I am using a Rewards card and swiped it in Pizza Hut last month and didn't get any discount or cash back. Should we ask for it or it is done automatically?
No idea mate, I just got this card yesterday and I have not used it yet. You should probably call Citibank customer care and check on this one.
Old 30th July 2014, 16:09   #1650
BHPian

Y'day received my ICICI card statement with annual charges against one of the cards , since my card is free and i do not have any add-on card i called the customer service and wanted to check the reasons for charge being raised . They have billed annual fee for another ICICI card which was cancelled 1.5 yrs ago and were quoting technical error in bill generation .

Most Viewed