Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 14:55   #1771
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
After logging in it prompts you to download the mobile app. Ignore that, click "NO THANK YOU". Please refer screenshots in the order of number written on LHS.
Curious. I don't have separate login credentials for online banking for Credit Cards only. I'll talk to the bank.

Thanks for your help
Old 12th November 2014, 20:08   #1772
BHPian

^^ In that case why don't you link your credit card to your existing savings account's net banking account?
Old 13th November 2014, 00:33   #1773
BHPian

ICICI yet again pulls out a cheap trick, but sending out a chip based card, but a coral HPCL card, instead of the existing gold HPCL card. This coral card comes with a min annual spend commitment of 50K or pay some xyz annual fee. Whether or not I spend 50K on this card, I am peeved that they are attempting to upgrade the card (and further try to get money out of me) without my consent.

Anyone else here who has got a new chip-card with a cheeky card upgrade sneaked in from ICICI in recent times?
Old 13th November 2014, 07:08   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
So, is the IOCL card from Citi only giving waiver on IOCL pumps or is it for all pumps (just like HDFC cards)?
Let me tell you, how it works.

1st pointer is that only IOC pumps can be used if you want to swipe a Citibank titanium indian oil card.

Though you are filling IOC you should ensure that the dealer swipes your card in the Citibank card machine, if not, you will not get the surcharge and cash back waiver

This is pretty much difficult during highway travel, because finding an iocl is difficult further the dealer having the Citibank machine is highly impossible, as far as my experience goes

Last edited by rki2007 : 13th November 2014 at 07:12.
Old 13th November 2014, 09:05   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Anyone else here who has got a new chip-card with a cheeky card upgrade sneaked in from ICICI in recent times?
Not from ICICI, but from HDFC Bank. This is the card I use for fuel purchase as it has surcharge waiver at all retailers. They upgraded me from Visa Signature to Jet Privilege and converted all my reward points to JP Miles without my knowledge or consent.

I worked through their grievance redressal mechanism, and it was resolved at the Nodal Officer level. They issued me a new Visa Signature card, and though they initially took the position that reward points are JP miles forever ("we will give you free accident insurance instead!"), since I stood my ground eventually restored all the points to me.
Old 13th November 2014, 10:56   #1776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
They upgraded me from Visa Signature to Jet Privilege and converted all my reward points to JP Miles without my knowledge or consent.
How would they convert the points without knowing your Jet Privilege membership number?
Old 13th November 2014, 13:29   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
How would they convert the points without knowing your Jet Privilege membership number?
Duh. They created a new JP membership.

But I expect in others cases where the email addresses matched, they credited an existing account.
Old 13th November 2014, 13:40   #1778
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
ICICI yet again pulls out a cheap trick, but sending out a chip based card, but a coral HPCL card, instead of the existing gold HPCL card. This coral card comes with a min annual spend commitment of 50K or pay some xyz annual fee. Whether or not I spend 50K on this card, I am peeved that they are attempting to upgrade the card (and further try to get money out of me) without my consent.

I have an ICICI Platinum since 2008. Now, it is a non-chip card so I decided to call them up to see if I can get it replaced with a chip card. This was nearly an year ago. They seemed happy with this. I was offered various upgrade options which I politely declined.

When the card arrived, it did not have my existing card number, as I had expected. So they basically sold me a new card. Needless to say, that card is lying somewhere in my cupboard, unused till date.
Old 13th November 2014, 16:53   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
When the card arrived, it did not have my existing card number
As far as I know, when credit cards are replaced/changed, the number will definitely change.
Old 13th November 2014, 19:11   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
As far as I know, when credit cards are replaced/changed, the number will definitely change.
It won't unless you report it to be stolen. Ask me - I had all of them changed. Before this, even when the cards were replaced or upgraded - the number was the same - every single time (with Citi, ICICI & HDFC)

Question: Someone seems to have got hold of my SBI CC and keeps trying to use it - has happened four times now - I of-course had blocked it. When I told the SBI Customer Care - they flatly told me they cannot track such things. I did not want to take it forward, so let it go. Should I do something else?
Old 13th November 2014, 21:48   #1781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
It won't unless you report it to be stolen. Ask me - I had all of them changed. Before this, even when the cards were replaced or upgraded - the number was the same - every single time (with Citi, ICICI & HDFC)
My experience has been consistently different. I have had cards replaced because of loss, mutilation, tech upgrade, product upgrade and natural expiry - in ALL cases I have received replacement cards with different numbers. Banks include SCB, HSBC, Axis, ICICI, SBH, ABN Amro, Citi and HDFC in India.

The only case I recall where I have held two cards with the same number (different CVV2) is the HDFC add-on card that my wife has (Citi issues cards with different numbers even for add-ons).
Old 14th November 2014, 14:13   #1782
BHPian

My experience too has been new number for all new cards, even tech upgrade like chip card. It has become tiresome to update card number in bank account netbanking for bill payment. Infact one such payee is an old number but still works, probably because the credit card and savings account are same bank.
Old 21st November 2014, 09:11   #1783
Distinguished - BHPian

HDFC has offered me their Infinia Card which is their top tier card with no spend limits, concierge service,taj epicure gold membership, free unlimited priority pass etc. However there is an annual fee of 30k which is only waived off if you spend 10 lakhs a year. Has anyone got this card without having this condition or a lower spend condition?
Old 21st November 2014, 09:26   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
HDFC has offered me their Infinia Card which is their top tier card with no spend limits, concierge service,taj epicure gold membership, free unlimited priority pass etc. However there is an annual fee of 30k which is only waived off if you spend 10 lakhs a year. Has anyone got this card without having this condition or a lower spend condition?
I guess these the standard features and conditions to the Infinia, so even if you apply on your own any time later you would be getting the same thing.
However the bank does provide special cards to the customers by way of lifetime free cards.
So just insist if they could provide you with a lifetime free card with the benefits you are actually looking for.
I would suggest you a Visa Signature instead which is also a no limit card (for certain customers) with free priority pass & fuel surcharge waive off etc, with a nominal fee (500-600) which is also waived off if you spend more than 30k a year.

--
Satyam Kaushik
Old 21st November 2014, 11:31   #1785
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Yes, if it is a replacement card from the same species then the number does not change. This happens in the event of expiry.

The number is encoded with the type of card, so the number has to change in more the event of a variety change ie upgrade / downgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks