Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2016, 21:40   #2356
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I found HDFC Regalia First and Jet Privilege World card interesting.
Don't go for Regalia First. Try for Regalia only
Regalia card gives 12 Priority pass complimentary lounge access/year, where as for Regalia First it is only 4.
Further, value of points for redemption at HDFCregalia website is much less for Regalia first card.
Old 26th December 2016, 14:23   #2357
BHPian

ICICI Bank continue to bumble on my credit card. Earlier I had posted about a new card issued with same number as old one. So that was cancelled. While discussing about its replacement I requested for Ferrari Platinum card by mail as well as by phone to customer care. They issued me Signature card and charged me Rs.3999 as joining fee.

I requested them by mail to cancel it and revert the fee charged. In three mail exchanges so far they said the card will be cancelled but there is no mention of reverting the money. To add salt to injury the latest mail mentions that reward points will be purged with the cancellation of the Ferrari Signature card. I have not used this card yet, however there are points accrued through the previous card.

I have exchanged few e-mails with customer care of various companies. They usually respond with long mails without saying anything substantial and they skirt the main issues. It is frustrating but have to bear it.
Old 26th December 2016, 20:25   #2358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
ICICI Bank continue to bumble on my credit card. Earlier I had posted about a new card issued with same number as old one. So that was cancelled.
I haven't been following this thread, so: you had a problem that they repeated the card number? Why were you objecting to that? I actually prefer it that way for ease of e-commerce transactions (and Citibank does it too). As far as I know, there is no security risk associated, since a new physical card implies new CVV and CVV2 and of course, the expiration date changes too.

As for the rest - just escalate to the banking ombudsman. I have been through exactly the same wrangle with HDFC Bank (mine was due to an unsolicited upgrade that the tried to shove down my throat).

Last edited by binand : 26th December 2016 at 20:27.
Old 26th December 2016, 23:11   #2359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
ICICI Bank continue to bumble on my credit card. Earlier I had posted about a new card issued with same number as old one. So that was cancelled. While discussing about its replacement I requested for Ferrari Platinum card by mail as well as by phone to customer care. They issued me Signature card and charged me Rs.3999 as joining fee.
I found cancelling an ICICI card to be much easier compared to other banks. I was offered a free card but when I eventually got it, there was an annual fee involved. Called the customer care and the card was cancelled without much fuss. They even sent a statement indicating the fee reversal. It is another matter that I received a Payback card linked to the cancelled CC, three months after the card was cancelled
Old 27th December 2016, 12:53   #2360
BHPian

Does Citibank offers to have two Credit Cards at a same time? Like to have both Rewards Card and PremierMiles Credit Card ?
Old 27th December 2016, 13:10   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Does Citibank offers to have two Credit Cards at a same time? Like to have both Rewards Card and Premier Miles Credit Card ?
It usually is "One Bank, One Card" but I know of instances where two different category of cards are issued, but with the credit eligibility split into two as well.
Eg- if you are eligible for a credit line of 5L, then they split this into two cards, totaling 5L (2.5+2.5).

But this is subjective to the bank. Not all banks may provide this facility.

Again, please note, that the two cards have to be from different service provider i.e. VISA, Mastercard, etc.
Cannot have two VISA/Mastedcard/etc cards from the same bank.
Old 27th December 2016, 13:20   #2362
BHPian

Quote:
Does Citibank offers to have two Credit Cards at a same time? Like to have both Rewards Card and PremierMiles Credit Card ?
Yes they do, they told me once that their limit is 2 cards per customer.

I have a Citibank Indian Oil Titanium Visa and a Citibank Cashback Mastercard. If I wanted, I could have got both through Visa.
Old 27th December 2016, 13:21   #2363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's possible. I have these two cards. In fact you can even have two cards of same variant. I used to have two Rewards cards at one point and then i upgraded one of them to Premier Miles. If you have banking relationship with Citibank, it may be easier, otherwise i am not sure what their policy is. Both my cards (in lower variants) were offered to me from the bank without me applying for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
It usually is "One Bank, One Card" but I know of instances where two different category of cards are issued, but with the credit eligibility split into two as well.
Eg- if you are eligible for a credit line of 5L, then they split this into two cards, totaling 5L (2.5+2.5).

Again, please note, that the two cards have to be from different service provider i.e. VISA, Mastercard, etc.
Agree that it's at bank's discretion. Even if there is such a rule, banks may have exceptions for their customers. Both my Citibank cards are on VISA. I have had two credit cards from Citibank since 2005 (first one is from 2003). Both have gone through various iterations (silver, gold etc), and i finally ended up with two Rewards cards in 2013. They even switched one of my Master Card to VISA without me asking for it.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 27th December 2016 at 13:27.
Old 27th December 2016, 13:27   #2364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post

Thanks Vinit.

Yes most of the banks who provide more than one credit card will offer with combined cards.

Except Amex where in they have different limits for each cards.

I hold 3 SCB Cards, 2 Kotak and 3 Amex Cards. All different variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Yes they do, they told me once that their limit is 2 cards per customer.

I have a Citibank Indian Oil Titanium Visa and a Citibank Cashback Mastercard. If I wanted, I could have got both through Visa.
Thank you nowwhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Yes, it's possible. I have these two cards. In fact you can even have two cards of same variant. I used to have two Rewards cards at one point and then i upgraded one of them to Premier Miles. If you have banking relationship with Citibank, it may be easier, otherwise i am not sure what their policy is. Both my cards (in lower variants) were offered to me from the bank without me applying for them.
Thank you SilentEngine. I have been offered PremierMiles Card though I already had Rewards Card hence I wanted to know if it was a upgrade or new a card itself.

How about the Credit Limit, is it combined limit or different ?
Old 27th December 2016, 13:36   #2365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been offered PremierMiles Card though I already had Rewards Card hence I wanted to know if it was a upgrade or new a card itself.

If bank is offering it, it must be a new card, not an upgrade. If it's an upgrade they would have mentioned it. Usually Citibank is clear in its communication. However it's better to make it clear before you take up the offer!

In my case each card has a separate credit limit.
Old 27th December 2016, 13:52   #2366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
If bank is offering it, it must be a new card, not an upgrade. If it's an upgrade they would have mentioned it. Usually Citibank is clear in its communication. However it's better to make it clear before you take up the offer!

In my case each card has a separate credit limit.
Great thank you, I was not interested in their two cards offer with Combined Limit. Will apply to it soon.
Old 27th December 2016, 13:52   #2367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I haven't been following this thread, so: you had a problem that they repeated the card number? Why were you objecting to that? I actually prefer it that way for ease of e-commerce transactions (and Citibank does it too). As far as I know, there is no security risk associated, since a new physical card implies new CVV and CVV2 and of course, the expiration date changes too.
I actually liked new card with same number. However someone kept attempting to use it online. After the fifth message (in about two months time) I wrote to ICICI requesting they investigate and put an end to it. They instead offered to cancel the card. I approved the cancellation and made request for Ferrari Platinum.

Now the Ferrari Signature will be cancelled and I have requested for their Coral card, which was the original card I had. The add-on Coral card is still active. It gives good reward points for grocery shopping, hence the choice to keep one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I found cancelling an ICICI card to be much easier compared to other banks. I was offered a free card but when I eventually got it, there was an annual fee involved. Called the customer care and the card was cancelled without much fuss. They even sent a statement indicating the fee reversal. It is another matter that I received a Payback card linked to the cancelled CC, three months after the card was cancelled
I threatened to close my credit card account with them and they were pretty open about it. Anyway keeping it because (1) online account tracking is easy with them, and (2) bill payment is fast because I hold a salary account with them.
Old 27th December 2016, 13:55   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
I have separate credit limits on both cards. On getting my second card after many years, it's credit limit was more than that of the first one.
Old 27th December 2016, 14:05   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I have separate credit limits on both cards. On getting my second card after many years, it's credit limit was more than that of the first one.
Thanks for the information. I will apply for the second card soon.
Old 27th December 2016, 16:57   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does Citibank offers to have two Credit Cards at a same time?
I have three cards from Citi - Rewards, PremierMiles and First Citizen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks