Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 14:23   #2401
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I am not sure if this is only for new card holders (which I think is unfair), or a new norm on all HDFC cards.
This was discussed in depth here in this thread a few weeks back. I always get the full refund (service tax included). Initially they used to refund only the charge and not the tax; but after some email exchange with them they started refunding the tax as well. That too with retrospective effect.

The rates are:

2.5% Service charge/surcharge/whatever
15% of that (0.375%) service tax [which is 14% ST + 0.5% swachch bharat cess + 0.5% krishi kalyan cess]
2.875% total extra.

When refunding they give you back a few paise extra (10-15 p range); I think this is a bug in their software. :-)
Old 30th January 2017, 14:29   #2402
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I had a HDFC credit card earlier, and had managed to get the tax reversed as well. Although, after several follow ups and escalations. Do give it a shot.

Once it is set in their system, it applies this reversal on future transactions, you do not need to do this for all of them.
I agree, I had this reversed once after a lot of follow up. From then onwards, I get a full refund of surcharge and service tax.
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:24   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Guys I need some advice here.

I made my credit card payment through cheque (for the first time in 2.5 years) on 25 Jan 17 but the amount is not yet credited to by card. However, the amount has been debited from my bank account.

I have the following issues:

1. The payment amount is close to a lakh and has my entire card credit limit blocked. Moreover, I am traveling (out of county) right now and i need the card as i have to pay hotel bills, etc. I will be in serious trouble if the issue is not solved in the next 24 hours.

2. My due date was 28 Jan and I have this feeling that they will charge me interest on the amount.

What are my options? Whom do I write a mail? My aged mother today went to the branch and tried to sort it out. They said they will call her by EOD but they dint.

Any suggestions?
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:31   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Have you raised a support ticket with the bank ? They usually are quick to respond , and I believe have a short SLA too. It will be more beneficial than visiting the branch I think.
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:56   #2405
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly a credit card issue, but I could not find any thread for EMI cards.

Bajaj Finserv has changed policy from 2016 whereby if you don't do any transactions using that card for 1 year, then you need to pay an annual fee.
Rs. 99 got deducted from my HDFC account in January. Now I am trying to figure out how to get rid of this card.
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:00   #2406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I made my credit card payment through cheque (for the first time in 2.5 years) on 25 Jan 17 but the amount is not yet credited to by card. However, the amount has been debited from my bank account.
What is your card issuing bank's SLA for crediting cheque payments? On what date did the cheque clear?

You are probably bitten by the series of bank holidays that came up - 26/1 Republic Day, 28/1 - 4th Saturday, 29/1 - Sunday, 1/2 - Vasanth Panchami. This is a possible sequence:

25/1 - You dropped cheque in drop box.
27/1 - Cheque retrieved from drop box by branch/agency.
30/1 - Cheque sent for clearance.
31/1 - Cheque cleared.
2/2 - Your card account credited.

Add one more grace day, and you should be alright by tomorrow.
Old 2nd February 2017, 21:11   #2407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. The payment amount is close to a lakh and has my entire card credit limit blocked. Moreover, I am traveling (out of county) right now and i need the card as i have to pay hotel bills, etc. I will be in serious trouble if the issue is not solved in the next 24 hours.

Any suggestions?

Not sure if this helps, as a backup option, if you have a net banking account which allows you to make card payments you can make online payment to your card account for some small amount to get your credit limit released. However this may get credited only by next business day.
Old 3rd February 2017, 07:46   #2408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Sounds about right.

On a related note why are you dropping cheques to pay off credit cards in this day and age? I find internet banking the most convenient. BillDesk supports paying up of most cards through internet banking of virtually all the popular banks.
Old 3rd February 2017, 08:46   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sounds about right.

On a related note why are you dropping cheques to pay off credit cards in this day and age? I find internet banking the most convenient. BillDesk supports paying up of most cards through internet banking of virtually all the popular banks.
It is ever simpler if one has an account in the card issuing bank, the payment gets credited instantly. BillDesk payments take a day or so to be credited (atleast that was the case from me, using SBI for the HDFC card).
Old 3rd February 2017, 09:54   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is your card issuing bank's SLA for crediting cheque payments? On what date did the cheque clear?

You are probably bitten by the series of bank holidays that came up - 26/1 Republic Day, 28/1 - 4th Saturday, 29/1 - Sunday, 1/2 - Vasanth Panchami. This is a possible sequence:

25/1 - You dropped cheque in drop box.
27/1 - Cheque retrieved from drop box by branch/agency.
30/1 - Cheque sent for clearance.
31/1 - Cheque cleared.
2/2 - Your card account credited.

I also dropped a cheque for my Kotak Mahindra CC on 25th and I he amount got credited the same day. I am not sure about the SLA since this is the first time ever I paid by cheque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Not sure if this helps, as a backup option, if you have a net banking account which allows you to make card payments you can make online payment to your card account for some small amount to get your credit limit released. However this may get credited only by next business day.
If I could do that I would have directly made the payment to the hotel. Not used the card at all. 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sounds about right.

Like I said this is my first time ever with cheque payment. I paid from an account which does not have net banking. I usually pay online which takes about a few hours to get credited.

I have raised a ticket in their customer service. No response.

Edit: I just checked. The amount got credited. Relieved.

Last edited by Pancham : 3rd February 2017 at 10:02.
Old 3rd February 2017, 11:58   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also dropped a cheque for my Kotak Mahindra CC on 25th and I he amount got credited the same day.
This is all at the discretion of the bank, usually based on your history with them. Some will credit your payment even before the instrument clears. Some don't. The PSU banks I guess don't have much leeway in these matters. Which is the offending bank here?
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:10   #2412
BANNED

Quote:
This is all at the discretion of the bank, usually based on your history with them. Some will credit your payment even before the instrument clears. Some don't. The PSU banks I guess don't have much leeway in these matters. Which is the offending bank here?
PSU banks are a law unto themselves. I have a SBI Platinum ATM/Debit card, and on renewal they have given me a card with a 40k limit, even though my deposits with them have gone up manifold. On the other had SCB has doubled the limits on my ATM/Debit cards. So where do I take my custom - no prizes for guessing!!
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:22   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was UCO bank cheque dropped at Kotak. Got credited the same day.

I am thinking of getting another credit card for back up purposes to avoid situations like the one I mentioned above. Is SCB better than Citi bank in terms of overall user experience??

Last edited by Pancham : 3rd February 2017 at 12:23.
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:27   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is SCB better than Citi bank in terms of overall user experience??
Having banked with a number of private banks, I can confidently say that Citigold is the gold standard for personal banking in India. None of the others come close (I have banked with SCB, HSBC, HDFC, ICICI).
Old 4th February 2017, 16:53   #2415
BHPian

I have an HDFC Regalia Credit Card from 2015 which came with a Priority Pass Card in the kit.

Now i want to order an Add-On card for my wife on the same. And have following questions:

Will the Add-on be Regalia or Regalia First?

Will she also get her Priority Pass with the card?

Will the Priority Pass have the individual free visits or share them with my card?

Spoke to customer care / local branch regarding the above but got conficting answers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks