Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2017, 23:00   #2506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamsinha View Post
Can you please let me know how can we redeem these points. I think 1 point = 1 Rupee. Can that be adjusted against the outstanding amount or they have a reward catalogue or something for redeeming the points.

Check their site. Different cards have different value for points. Wide use of the points, mobile recharges or bills, DTH, broadband, flight tickets, movies, hotels etc! Pretty good
Old 11th May 2017, 09:46   #2507
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

HDFC is removing one by one all features offered on its cards. I think other banks will also follow shortly. Guess this has to do with the government mandated reduction in MDR on card transactions.

I have got mail from HDFC stating that all domestic lounge access will be charged @ $27 from May 25th, 2017 on my Regalia card. Only 6 Priority pass access on international lounges will be free. Prior to this HDFC devalued the points redemption at regalia website from 0.75 to 0.60 in November 2016
Old 11th May 2017, 13:45   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
HDFC is removing one by one all features offered on its cards. I think other banks will also follow shortly. Guess this has to do with the government mandated reduction in MDR on card transactions.

I have got mail from HDFC stating that all domestic lounge access will be charged @ $27 from May 25th, 2017 on my Regalia card. Only 6 Priority pass access on international lounges will be free. Prior to this HDFC devalued the points redemption at regalia website from 0.75 to 0.60 in November 2016
The mail is self contradictory.
First it says - 2 Domestic Lounge visits
per quarter through Visa/Mastercard*
Credit Card Lounge Programme
and then goes on to say that all Domestic lounge access will be charged.

Edit - Just checked again and the free visits are for Visa Signature/Infinite/etc card holders and the visits via Priority Pass for Regalia will be charged from now on. $27 is still quite good if one has a long lay-over, but I wouldn't be heading over to the lounge for a short stop anymore.

Last edited by rdst_1 : 11th May 2017 at 13:50.
Old 11th May 2017, 18:37   #2509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Second that. I hold their Diners card and from 1st May, they have reduced the benefits big time.
Previously they had a buy one-get one offer on movie tickets with no limits to the number of tickets per month + max value per ticket should not exceed 500. Now they have brought in limits to the number of tickets per month + reduced the max value to 250.
They have also reduced the maximum earnable reward points per month by half.

EDIT: Really disappointed with the movie ticket offer limitations. Made n number of people enjoy gold class at half rates, but never got around watching myself.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 11th May 2017 at 18:44.
Old 12th May 2017, 11:16   #2510
rkg
Senior - BHPian

The MDR was around 2.5% of transaction value. This is huge money for banks to lure customers with special offers. But competition increasing from other banks , MDR percent is reducing over a period of time. In such scenario, giving discounts to customers in the form of points will be an additional loss. In future , banks have to settle for cross selling of loans, investment products to card users based on their usage pattern.

Around an year back, one standalone Jewelery shop owner told me that banks waive off MDR if daily transaction value is 5 lakhs or more.
Another small shop guy also corroborated this, by stating that there is no MDR in big malls
Old 12th May 2017, 12:28   #2511
BHPian

Regalia users,
Does any one know what is 'Adjusted' in the points summary in the account statement?
The Reward point summary table has the following columns:
Opening Balance, Earned, Disbursed, Adjusted, Closing Balance

I had earned 432 points in the last statement, 0 disbursed and under Adjusted it is 500. As a result my points instead of increasing from the opening balance has reduced by 68

All payments were on time and in full
Old 12th May 2017, 13:47   #2512
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Regalia users,
Does any one know what is 'Adjusted' in the points summary in the account statement?
The Reward point summary table has the following columns:
Opening Balance, Earned, Disbursed, Adjusted, Closing Balance

I had earned 432 points in the last statement, 0 disbursed and under Adjusted it is 500. As a result my points instead of increasing from the opening balance has reduced by 68

All payments were on time and in full
You earn points on transactions, but when the transaction is reversed, points will also be reversed/adjusted. Hence, check if any transaction has been reversed and credited back to account.
If not, contact customer care
Old 12th May 2017, 14:41   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
You earn points on transactions, but when the transaction is reversed, points will also be reversed/adjusted. Hence, check if any transaction has been reversed and credited back to account.
If not, contact customer care
Just checked the statement again. This can be due to one transaction to emi.
But still I am losing more points than what I earned
Old 12th May 2017, 14:49   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HDFC is removing ..... all domestic lounge access will be charged @ $27 from May 25th, 2017 on my Regalia card. Only 6 Priority pass access on international lounges will be free. Prior to this HDFC devalued the points redemption at regalia website from 0.75 to 0.60 in November 2016
Thanks for the post, I am using their All Miles which had Priority Pass earlier but they cancelled all of it from April without any intimation. I was trying for an upgrade to Regalia assuming that will continue giving me access to lounges. Not sure if they will find me eligible enough after demonetization

Last edited by shajufx : 12th May 2017 at 14:51.
Old 14th May 2017, 08:36   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Some news about HDFC Diners Club cards:

2. The 10x rewards feature has been removed from Flipkart and Makemytrip, instead Amazon has it now.

Though 10X Rewards feature for Flipkart may have been removed when one buys from Flipkart App / website, you can still avail 10X if you navigate to Flipkart through smartbuy.com, which is one of the partner sites for 10X rewards . Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 14th May 2017, 08:46   #2516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks for the post, I am using their All Miles which had Priority Pass earlier but they cancelled all of it from April without any intimation.
So did Citibank Premier Miles. I went to the KIAL lounge sometime in April; but the staff said the benefit was withdrawn and hence I'll have to pay the full charge (Rs. 800).
Old 14th May 2017, 09:21   #2517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
So did Citibank Premier Miles. I went to the KIAL lounge sometime in April; but the staff said the benefit was withdrawn and hence I'll have to pay the full charge (Rs. 800).
Domestic is rarely a problem because Mastercard access is widely used. There is a surprise turn of events after my previous post! Yes Bank decided to give me their Exclusive credit card which was denied last month. It came with a priority pass with unlimited domestic and international access. I am super happy, time to ditch HDFC and stick to one card that gives me everything 😎✌️
Old 14th May 2017, 12:30   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Some news about HDFC Diners Club cards:

2. The 10x rewards feature has been removed from Flipkart and Makemytrip, instead Amazon has it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
Though 10X Rewards feature for Flipkart may have been removed when one buys from Flipkart App / website, you can still avail 10X if you navigate to Flipkart through smartbuy.com, which is one of the partner sites for 10X rewards . Correct me if I am wrong.

I am wrong above due to conditional benefit of 10X rewards on smartbuy.com as given in the screenshot below.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-smartbuy.jpg  

Last edited by Navneet : 14th May 2017 at 12:32.
Old 16th May 2017, 15:42   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Does any one here have a Jetprivilege card here?
I got an ICICI bank Rubyx Jetprivilege card with more than 25,000 JPmiles however I am unable to link it to my Jetprivilege account. I tried calling both customer care service people (i.e. Jetprivilege as well as ICICI Bank) they both keep saying that it is the other persons job.
How do I link these accounts ?
Same happened with me when I got my Rubyx card. I shot a mail to ICICI and forwarded the same to Jet Airways. Jet Airways wrote ICICI needs to activate the account and I forwarded the same to ICICI. Only then did ICICI setup the account.

However, you can yourself register the account from Jet Airways website. Just that alternate email and phone number is needed. Then send a mail to Jet Airways mentioning the merger requirements with preferred email and phone to be retained. It gets done in a day or two.
Old 16th May 2017, 16:12   #2520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Does any one here have a Jetprivilege card here?
Why tie oneself to a single airline? I used to have one; but threw it away and got a Premier Miles card instead. My usage covers one Bangalore-Kochi return trip for us (family of four) in a year. :-)

And at least for domestic, Jet is woefully behind Vistara among all full-service airlines.

Unless you are flying internationally, of course.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks