Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 18:46   #4006
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I have been offered the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card which is supposedly life time free from annual fees (no minimum spend annually either) and no joining fee.

Could you please advice if someone has this card and is it worth accepting.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
I have this card since last 1 year. They provide 2 cards, 1 Master Card and 1 Amex. The features are not that great except the Airport Lounge Access available via both Amex and Master and Buy1Get1 on BookMyShow. Rewards are in the form of Payback points and I don't find that very useful.
I mostly use my ICICI AmazonPay card for most purchases. I am keeping this card only for the Lounge Access and the occassional BookMyShow tickets since most other cards have a capping of Rs300 for the free ticket while this one has Rs500 limit.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 19:34   #4007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I have this card since last 1 year. They provide 2 cards, 1 Master Card and 1 Amex. The features are not that great except the Airport Lounge Access available via both Amex and Master
Thank you Holyghost!

How many times a year can we have Airport Lounge access? Is this for the Club or First Class (where available) Lounge? Any formalities for that or we just have to flash the card and is it applicable for specific countries/airlines or across the board.

Appreciate your quick revert.

Cheers
Old 19th November 2020, 19:43   #4008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I am keeping this card only for the Lounge Access and the occassional BookMyShow tickets since most other cards have a capping of Rs300 for the free ticket while this one has Rs500 limit.
My dad has these two cards - ICICI Saphhiro AMEX and MasterCard. Usage is exactly the same, Lounges and BookMyShow! But, recently(in 2019) I found out, that Axis Burgundy offers a 1000 INR cap limit rather than ICICI's 500 INR So now I always book Recliners and balconies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Thank you Holyghost!

How many times a year can we have Airport Lounge access? Is this for the Club or First Class (where available) Lounge? Any formalities for that or we just have to flash the card and is it applicable for specific countries/airlines or across the board.
AFAIK it was 3 times per quarter. But by analysing your usage pattern, they generally increase it. Currently, dad has access to these lounges 16 times a year. Even my HDFC Regalia Business CC had 2 visits per quarter. But now after about 3-4 years of usage, it's upgraded to 12 times a year. Its just swipe and enter - 2 INR will be deducted from your account and refunded the next day. It's across the board, no restrictions as per the airlines. Not sure about this - "Club or First Class".

-NA

Last edited by na_agrawal : 19th November 2020 at 19:45.
na_agrawal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 06:54   #4009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
In conclusion: ICICI Bank just happens, HDFC does not, even with best of efforts.
Both have their share of horror stories, but, yes, ICICI's UI, app & desktop, are way better than HDFC. When it comes to credit cards & benefits, ICICI is behind.
Old 21st November 2020, 01:11   #4010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Both have their share of horror stories, but, yes, ICICI's UI, app & desktop, are way better than HDFC. When it comes to credit cards & benefits, ICICI is behind.
I have cards from four banks. So far I have not had any horror story experience with any one of these banks, touchwood. During this Covid times I have not been able to get through to HDFC Bank. That's a grouse but does not qualify as a horror story in my book. Yes, I took up their card for the offers and discounts, and have availed of it multiple times in past many years. In fact I saved about Rs 5k due to this card during the recent Amazon sale.

When it comes to netbanking and phone app, ICICI is still the best in my experience. Recently I took a replacement card for my SBI card and have to set it up fresh. So right now I am waiting for current account to close (generate statement), before linking the new card.

In case of ICICI Bank, new cards get updated automatically in netbanking account and phone app. In fact for about a year I paid my ICICI credit card bill on my old card number, from my ICICI saving bank netbanking account. I used to wonder whether it actually is getting paid and few times check the next statement. It was credited every time.
Old 21st November 2020, 11:41   #4011
BANNED

About ICICI bank credit cards.

Mine expires next month. And there was a typo in the name. I also felt an expressions card with a personalised photo will be a good idea. So I approached the branch. They told that for the expressions card, the initial fee cannot be waived off, so took an application for a new (platinum) card from me, and the new card arrived, was automatically updated in app and site. I started using it too.

Now, to my surprise, I get a new message, stating that my card has been dispatched. Ooops!!

Checked the app and yes, the new card is updated and valid from a future date and it is showing up in the app in place of old card. Original one was Mastercard and new one is too. But the other one which I had started to use last month is from VISA. So, now I end up with 2 platinum cards!!

Question 1. What are the pros and cons of this situation?

Question 2. I had a credit limit on the original card. Let's say, ₹ 25k. Now, with 2 cards,do I get 50k limit? Or is the combined limit 25k?

Question 3. What if I give one card to a relative? (Eg wife) I dont want that person to be embarrassed with a rejection at a POS. I can manage OTPs, etc.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 21st November 2020 at 11:47.
Old 21st November 2020, 12:06   #4012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Question 1. What are the pros and cons of this situation?

Question 2. I had a credit limit on the original card. Let's say, ₹ 25k. Now, with 2 cards,do I get 50k limit? Or is the combined limit 25k?

Question 3. What if I give one card to a relative? (Eg wife) I dont want that person to be embarrassed with a rejection at a POS. I can manage OTPs, etc.
First things first, let the new card arrive. Once it arrives, do a transaction at physical brick and mortar shop and see afterwards if your old (new) card, the visa one, still functions. IMO both cards should continue to function however in off chance, if the older card gets deactivated then the questions asked by you become infructuous. Considering they do continue to work, here are the responses

1. There are no cons to the situation except for the fact that now you have two cards to look after from online and physical security purposes.
2. Limit remains the same, the system will consider this card as an addon card only. Also you will have to settle bill of either of the cards since the limit continues to be the same i.e. same account but two cards or at least this used to be the case early on when i was holding both Rubyx and Saphhiro cards at the same time. You can check with the help line for the same.
3. Already answered above.

Hope this helps.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:34   #4013
BHPian

Is there a way to check the reward points for each individual transaction in Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card? Pardon me if this was posted earlier as I am not able to find any related post.
Also I am trying to figure out if I will get reward points for paying my LIC premium through Amazon using the APay ICICI Card. I read the FAQ and T&C for the card but there is no mention of any restriction for paying insurance premiums, in which case I should be eligible for 1% cashback. Should be a good option to pay using APay CC if the premium amount is big (50K+) to earn flat 1% reward points.
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:46   #4014
BHPian

Has anyone got a clue how to generate Virtual Credit Card in ICICI Bank ? My infinea card had few attempts from Japan recently and since then I have blocked international transactions on all my cards. However few websites charge only by saving card details for subscriptions and I wish to use a Virtual Card with a very low limit.

There are US sites like https://privacy.com/ that provide disposable credit cards with low predefined limits. Any idea about similar products for India?
Old 23rd November 2020, 23:09   #4015
Senior - BHPian

I noticed something about the OTP for my Amex card. The OTP received on the email is different from the one I got via sms. It doesn't matter which one you use, both work. Wonder what is the logic behind generating two different passwords for the same transaction. One reason could be to track the usage pattern of SMS vs Email and do some data analysis. But in my mind, this appears to be a potential security vulnerability.
Old 24th November 2020, 00:12   #4016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Even I have been doing electricity, BSNL broadband and Bharath Gas payments through this CC only. And for the first time, I did the life insurance premium payment through this card. I was expecting 2% cashback thinking that it will be considered as bill payment. But to my surprise, the cashback offered was 5%. So, this is really a good CC, especially if you are buy major stuffs from Amazon and has a prime membership.
I got this card almost an year back and so far I have received the cashback of around Rs12000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Is there a way to check the reward points for each individual transaction in Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card? Pardon me if this was posted earlier as I am not able to find any related post.
Also I am trying to figure out if I will get reward points for paying my LIC premium through Amazon using the APay ICICI Card. I read the FAQ and T&C for the card but there is no mention of any restriction for paying insurance premiums, in which case I should be eligible for 1% cashback. Should be a good option to pay using APay CC if the premium amount is big (50K+) to earn flat 1% reward points.
I am not sure how to check the exact reward points for each transaction, however I too got a 5% CB on paying my insurance premium through the card (I did not have many transactions that month and CB was close to the rough figure I calculated based on transactions).

I do suspect Amazon Pay ICICI card has an upper limit to the reward points/CB per months though (5k). Need to confirm.

Last edited by Elito11 : 24th November 2020 at 00:13.
Elito11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 07:59   #4017
Oxy
BHPian

Has anyone here added their credit card on Google Pay? Even after adding it shows my bank account as "Primary". Tried removing the bank account but that didn't help. How do I make all my payments on Google Pay using credit card by default instead of my bank account?
Old 24th November 2020, 08:16   #4018
Senior - BHPian

Recently got the DCB from HDFC and applied for an addon card for wife. Got the card for wife with same number as my credit card including validity, I am told HDFC is the only rare one which does this type of foolishness. Now how do I set the pin for the add on card. I have already set the pin for my card online using net banking, there isnt any option to set for an add on card. My wife does have a HDFC bank account, will she be able to set the pin using the net banking of her account?
Old 24th November 2020, 08:51   #4019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Got the card for wife with same number as my credit card including validity, I am told HDFC is the only rare one which does this type of foolishness. Now how do I set the pin for the add on card.
Same number, same expiry, same CVV. So what we have done is to have setup the VbV password and she uses that (unlike Citi, HDFC does not enforce OTP-only; password as second factor works).

Edit: For me the VbV enrollment happens automatically the very first time I use a card; if that is not working for you a quick Google brought up this site for HDFC: https://netsafe.hdfcbank.com/ACSWeb/...istration1.jsp

Last edited by binand : 24th November 2020 at 08:54.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 08:55   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Has anyone here added their credit card on Google Pay? Even after adding it shows my bank account as "Primary". Tried removing the bank account but that didn't help. How do I make all my payments on Google Pay using credit card by default instead of my bank account?
On a related note, any idea if Google will also charge extra for payment through cards? I can't find any info on their site.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks