Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2020, 11:13   #3886
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Paytm just showed me this when loading 1000 into the wallet from my Amex card. Big bummer for us getting those easy 4 x 1000 Amex membership rewards points.

Attachment 2068327
I will check, as till yesterday there was no charge. I use AMEX to recharge the Paytm wallet regularly.

EDIT
OK
Just tried and the 2% charge appeared. Seems they have tightened their finance belt.

Last edited by Aroy : 16th October 2020 at 11:15.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 12:20   #3887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazayal View Post
Have not seen anything better.
Killer combination is ICICI Amazon Pay + Axis Bank's ACE card. There's very little these two don't do.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 12:38   #3888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Killer combination is ICICI Amazon Pay + Axis Bank's ACE card. There's very little these two don't do.
The card has joining and annual fees but yes if your spend is going to be Rs. 2 lakhs annually, this looks like a very good card 👍
Old 16th October 2020, 14:20   #3889
BHPian

Quote:
Paytm just showed me this when loading 1000 into the wallet from my Amex card. Big bummer for us getting those easy 4 x 1000 Amex membership rewards points.

Attachment 2068327
Yeah, they have started charging. I will not be using paytm anymore I think.

https://trak.in/tags/business/2020/1...money-but-why/
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 11:40   #3890
BHPian

Is there any HDFC Credit Card which either has no annual fee or fee is waived on some minimum spend in a year? I already have bank account with them.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th October 2020 at 20:24. Reason: Typo
Old 17th October 2020, 12:21   #3891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Is there any HDFC Credit Card which either has no annual fee or few is waived on some minimum spend in a year? I already have bank account with them.
I think Regalia Cards are free and on using for more than 50000 then annual charges are waived.
Old 17th October 2020, 13:20   #3892
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any HDFC Credit Card which either has no annual fee or few is waived on some minimum spend in a year? I already have bank account with them.
Most of the Credit Cards charge an annual fee but these fees are waived off on minimum spends. I have a HDFC Freedom Credit Card which is a basic and entry level card. Though mine is a Life Time Free credit card, the usual minimum spend required to get the annual fees waived off on this card is 20k a year.

If the bank considers you a credit-worthy customer, the bank may offer you a lifetime free Credit Card, which means no joining or annual fees. In my company, all employees are supposed to have a salary account with HDFC, so they offer a lot of benefits to us, including Life Time Free credit cards.
Old 17th October 2020, 17:38   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Most of the Credit Cards charge an annual fee but these fees are waived off on minimum spends. I have a HDFC Freedom Credit Card which is a basic and entry level card. Though mine is a Life Time Free credit card, the usual minimum spend required to get the annual fees waived off on this card is 20k a year.
Is freedom the card with least spend amount for getting annual fees waived off? Also as you said that if bank thinks I am worthy, they will offer me free card but can I ask the bank myself if they will offer me one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
I think Regalia Cards are free and on using for more than 50000 then annual charges are waived.
Checked Regalia. Minimum spend is 3 Lakh.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 19:38   #3894
BHPian

Quote:
Is freedom the card with least spend amount for getting annual fees waived off?
Yes, Freedom card has the least spend amount for getting annual fees waived off. Just wanted to correct what I said earlier, the minimum spend in a year should be 50k and not 20k.

Just found this terms & conditions online, it lists the charges & fees for all HDFC Credit Cards. It should get you the information you're looking for.
https://www.hdfcbank.com/content/bbp...ITC%201.64.pdf

Quote:
Also as you said that if bank thinks I am worthy, they will offer me free card but can I ask the bank myself if they will offer me one?
There is no harm in trying but I don't think they'd give one right away. I really don't know how they choose their customers. However, they can make your card LTF anytime they want. So it's literally upto them.
Old 18th October 2020, 11:15   #3895
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Just tried and the 2% charge appeared. Seems they have tightened their finance belt.
There goes the easy way of getting the 4x1k points!
This anyway was coming I suppose, given that PayTM wants to go public and simply can't be burning money.
Now, I need to figure out an alternate way of getting in those points in a auto-pilot mode. I'm thinking amazon pay, while it lasts.

Quote:
Is freedom the card with least spend amount for getting annual fees waived off? Also as you said that if bank thinks I am worthy, they will offer me free card but can I ask the bank myself if they will offer me one?
I suppose you would have a designated relationship manager, I would suggest you approach the RM with your request. They would sort it out.
In case you are not assigned one, and you have a good relation with the bank (i.e making money for them via FDs or their banking channels), just approach your branch manger. They would be able to help you out. I think a direct approach would be quicker than via their tele-services.

Last edited by whitewing : 18th October 2020 at 11:23. Reason: response to an additional post
Old 19th October 2020, 09:50   #3896
BHPian

I have a Axis My Zone credit card which I have been using from the past 3 years, every time the annual charges is due I forget about it and it is included in my statement without any notification. There is no benefit from the card and it's absurd they charge 500 + GST for that, is there anyway for the charges to be waved off?, note that there is no option of annual spending waves off charges of this card.
Old 19th October 2020, 11:34   #3897
Senior - BHPian

The funny thing is that with Paytm App they charge 2%. I tried from the desktop and there was no charge.
Old 19th October 2020, 20:56   #3898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
There is no benefit from the card and it's absurd they charge 500 + GST for that, is there anyway for the charges to be waved off?
Any reason why you're still holding it?

You could ask the bank to waive them off for you. Tell them you're considering to close the card as you do not want to pay the annual charges. Sometimes they might waive them off if they wish to retain you as a customer.
Old 21st October 2020, 09:18   #3899
Senior - BHPian

I have had a Standard Chartered credit card (Landmark rewards) for as long. I've never really checked for rewards, but rarely when shopping at some stores, I've been offered to convert my point which I have availed. Recently when my card expired, I was sent a Digismart card. Now I have 23044 points for redemption, but the only option I seem to have is something called AVIOS points. I'm not a frequent flyer/ shopper. What should I do?

The Credit Card Thread-screen-shot-20201021-9.13.22-am.png
Old 21st October 2020, 09:24   #3900
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Yeah, they have started charging. I will not be using paytm anymore I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
There goes the easy way of getting the 4x1k points!
I auto reload paytm wallet using Amex MRCC card, and they are not charging any fee for auto reload (at least currently).
Comrade is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed