Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2020, 16:36   #3781
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Those who have Amazon pay ICICI CC but do not have any savings/current account with ICICI, how did you login to their netbanking initially before getting the card?

My card was approved today and I can see the card added to my amazon account. Received an SMS saying I can log in to netbanking or into iMobile to view and manage my card and for internet banking registration, I need the CC number. I haven't received any kind of formal welcome mail from ICICI too. Any help on this would be great.
Old 13th August 2020, 19:09   #3782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post
I haven't received any kind of formal welcome mail from ICICI too.
wait a day or so and you will get the card virtually, including cvv. Using that you can use the icici phone app or their website. I think i got it on the Amazon app itself, have forgotten as it has been a year or so since.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 19:30   #3783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
wait a day or so and you will get the card virtually, including cvv. Using that you can use the icici phone app or their website. I think i got it on the Amazon app itself, have forgotten as it has been a year or so since.
I dont know what you mean by virtual but, I can see the card in my amazon account already with the last 4 digit of the card number in the payment methods. Do you mean to say in a day or so, there would be a separate place in my amazon account where I could view the full card number and cvv?
Old 13th August 2020, 19:40   #3784
BHPian

Quote:
Those who have Amazon pay ICICI CC but do not have any savings/current account with ICICI, how did you login to their netbanking initially before getting the card?
IIRC had received a mail providing a cust ID number to be used as LOGIN ID and the password was too be created online via their netbanking site
Old 13th August 2020, 19:51   #3785
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean to say in a day or so, there would be a separate place in my amazon account where I could view the full card number and cvv?
i cant recall if i got the details in email but i think it was available in Amazon Pay ICICI credit card section. I think it was instantly available, sorry if this is not helpful.
Old 13th August 2020, 22:40   #3786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
IIRC had received a mail providing a cust ID number to be used as LOGIN ID and the password was too be created online via their netbanking site
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. May be I'll wait one more day to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
i cant recall if i got the details in email but i think it was available in Amazon Pay ICICI credit card section. I think it was instantly available, sorry if this is not helpful.
Probably the process has changed over the year
Old 19th August 2020, 06:13   #3787
BHPian

I have been trying to close my credit cards (4 out of 6) as I use only 1 or 2 of them. Covid situation is making this process very difficult and their customer care lines are available only for fraud and lost reporting. Can someone advise how to go about this request card closure? I did come across option where I can write a physical letter to banks - is that the sole way?
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 08:22   #3788
BHPian

Has anyone here been using Cred to make their card payments? I did download the app when it was discussed on this thread maybe more than a year ago, but never used it. Just wanted to know of your opinion about it before I key in my card details.
Old 19th August 2020, 09:25   #3789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I have been trying to close my credit cards (4 out of 6) as I use only 1 or 2 of them. Covid situation is making this process very difficult and their customer care lines are available only for fraud and lost reporting. Can someone advise how to go about this request card closure? I did come across option where I can write a physical letter to banks - is that the sole way?
Writing a physical letter is the proper way to close a credit card, as far as I am aware. You need to fill a form, usually available on bank website. Check with nearest branch, if you can drop the form in their drop box and they will take care of the rest.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 09:43   #3790

Quote:
t.
You can call their helpline no. 1860 120 7777 with the mobile number registered with amazon to get the details. However, given the current situation, it takes 30-45 minutes to get through to the service executive. They also usually send the login ID by SMS with instructions on activating net banking.
Old 19th August 2020, 09:47   #3791
BHPian

Quote:
My card was approved today and I can see the card added to my amazon account. Received an SMS saying I can log in to netbanking or into iMobile to view and manage my card and for internet banking registration, I need the CC number. I haven't received any kind of formal welcome mail from ICICI too. Any help on this would be great.
Received my card yesterday and still no user ID. Called their customer care today and they told me there is no mobile number associated with the card (though I received OTPs for transactions) and they have taken the request to update the same. Seems all sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Has anyone here been using Cred to make their card payments? I did download the app when it was discussed on this thread maybe more than a year ago, but never used it. Just wanted to know of your opinion about it before I key in my card details.
I have been using it since it was introduced. Had a good potential back then. Now, the offers are nothing eye catching except in very rare occasions. Now, I only use it to pay bills if I cannot use other methods or just pay one of my cc bills every 3months to get enough credits to check my score (5000 cred points for Experian and CRIF each).

Now, I think checking the score is a good thing in this app for:
1. No marketing calls. You check your score (theoretically, for free) and there ends it. Cred doesnt sell your report to agents to sell you credit cards (Paisabazaar, this is for you!)
2. The report shows what has changed since your last score check
3. Shows a general profile of yours with your rating on repayment, credit utilization etc.

Experian does also send you a detailed report on mail as soon as you refresh your score.

Tl;Dr: Cred is good for checking your credit score for free by just paying your cc bills but not a great one for offers etc.
vijai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:15   #3792
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Writing a physical letter is the proper way to close a credit card
As mentioned by ast.ggn, writing a snail mail is the most assured way of terminating an account (Some years back, I remember Citibank wanting the card back in 4 peices, cut diagonally!). Now, with the COVID situation I would assume the processes have also been tweaked a bit.Did you try raising a support ticket on your card provider's portal?
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:38   #3793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
If you are paying your CC bills manually every time via Billpay etc., then some basic benefits :
1. You do not have to key in your card & personal details for each payment.
2. Payment history for all your cards made through them is available at a glance even if you pay from different savings accounts.

For banks where you have both a CC & Savings account, setting up a standing instruction to automate the payment is the best IMHO.
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:43   #3794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
writing a snail mail
Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Writing a physical letter.
Dear both , thanks for your inputs.

I finally managed to close Citi (Primary and add on), IndusInd (Primary) , SBI (Primary) , Kotak (Primary and add on) yesterday with lot of time spent in calls. I couldn't get in touch with HDFC despite best efforts and may be i will retain the card for sometime. That will leave me with one visa and a mastercard. May be my credit score took a hit with sudden closure of multiple cards within a day, I am happy to have gotten rid of them.
Thilak29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:20   #3795
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't get in touch with HDFC despite best efforts
You can't reach them in anyway except email. They will take their own time to respond. I got first response after 8 days of my email, then one more "I will escalate" email and the job was done after 17 days.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks